Update - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Update

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Just wait until they post a 40% off gem sale and see how many stay gem free. Not calling anyone a liar but there will definitely be guilds and people who bite.

We (WTP) will be gem free regardless.

Lurker
    Post Count
    this gem free war movement has become more than I think most realize. It is now a matter of honor and intregrity. Question that will be answered is who has them and who doesn't. I challenge all that commit to the movement to think beyond the game and decide who you are, virtual or real world, because in the end, you are your word and you only are as good as that. Say what you mean and mean what you say. your 'character' depends on it. I have committed and no temptation will compromise who I am. I ask anyone else that says they won't use gems to have the conviction to stick to it and show you have the honor and integrity to back it up.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by larrydavid View Post
    Just wait until they post a 40% off gem sale and see how many stay gem free. Not calling anyone a liar but there will definitely be guilds and people who bite.

We (WTP) will be gem free regardless.
    If there is a 40% off sale then players have won and got one aspect of what they wanted...reduced inflation in GREE diamonties. If this proposed boycott causes GREE to put in a 40% off sale, then win win to the players.
    The boycott will be, "Don't buy inflated GREE Diamonties, buy them only during the 40% off sale." "If no sale, get together with players to reduce the number of gems spent during wars and gemcott.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I think anyone expecting Gree to put a 40% sale in to counter a boycott is giving GREE a little too much credit. They are corporate mentality 101, "it'll never happen, we call the shots and they fall in line blah blah blah"...now maybe after a boycott they might put in something like this, but to anticipate them doing it proactively would be the first proactive measure ever implemented to my knowledge in KA.

Paint the World Black With Us.
    Dragon Realms 840-064-428

Kingdom Age Ally Code- 734-077-018

Dragon Realms Ally Code- 911-214-292
    Dragon Realms Guild Code - 840-064-428

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    think it through logically.
    Average guild size of 30 members...1500 guilds "in the running" for rewards....that's 45,000. Of the guilds I've played with, I estimate 1/5th on average using gems...so say, around 9000 people paying to play.

I am very suspect of 9000 people all agreeing to play gem-free.

I get gems because I can and I like to have an edge. I suspect that's also the case for most of the 9000 above too.

It all sounds very noble that the top 10 guilds are going to boycott for the sake of us "little guys". But frankly, I'm calling BS on it.

The top 10 guilds represents at most ~500 players and while the gem spending is surely heavier with them than with my guild...I doubt 100% of the players are heavy spenders. Even so, who do you think would have more "pull" with GREE? 500 heavy spenders or ~8-9000 light/moderate/heavy spenders?

At best, this is bluffing silliness meant to rattle opponents' cages.
    At worst, this is outright deception and strategy meant to try to derail those of us who are "caught in the middle"....between top 25 and top 500.

I will be advising my guild to stay the course.

That said, we probably won't be using gems much anyway since the last battle was so recent and the quests were so succulent. LOL

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Logically there are guys in the heavy spender category that spend more then 2,000 of the light spenders alone combined. There are guys who drop 5k+ a month. But you are right not all the 9k you say will agree, human nature, some will try to cop and advantage however the point is if there is a sig dent in revenue it makes a difference in terms of getting heard. Do i think it will work no...im not naive but trying is better than not. Hopefully good comes of it. Im not saying were doing it for the little guy were doing it so there is a kingdom age game for people to play (self interest)
    IGN: Bryan
    Member Of:

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by pendentive View Post
    think it through logically.
    Average guild size of 30 members...1500 guilds "in the running" for rewards....that's 45,000. Of the guilds I've played with, I estimate 1/5th on average using gems...so say, around 9000 people paying to play.

I am very suspect of 9000 people all agreeing to play gem-free.

I get gems because I can and I like to have an edge. I suspect that's also the case for most of the 9000 above too.

It all sounds very noble that the top 10 guilds are going to boycott for the sake of us "little guys". But frankly, I'm calling BS on it.

The top 10 guilds represents at most ~500 players and while the gem spending is surely heavier with them than with my guild...I doubt 100% of the players are heavy spenders. Even so, who do you think would have more "pull" with GREE? 500 heavy spenders or ~8-9000 light/moderate/heavy spenders?

At best, this is bluffing silliness meant to rattle opponents' cages.
    At worst, this is outright deception and strategy meant to try to derail those of us who are "caught in the middle"....between top 25 and top 500.

I will be advising my guild to stay the course.

That said, we probably won't be using gems much anyway since the last battle was so recent and the quests were so succulent. LOL
    Is this a joke? Do some back of the envelope math and you will see that the top 3 guilds spend 2+ mountains of gems per member per battle on average. There are players spending over 10 mountains PER BATTLE. How much do you spend? The gem purchases of the other 99% that you reference are a drop in the bucket compared to the top 10.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    10 mountains in a single battle? best I have been able to do is a little over 2 mountains in one hour. Tell me how to click that fast!
    tap tap tap tap tap tap tap. yay strategy!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogs Pizza View Post
    10 mountains in a single battle? best I have been able to do is a little over 2 mountains in one hour. Tell me how to click that fast!
    tap tap tap tap tap tap tap. yay strategy!
    You are confusing battle and war because GREE reversed their usage in KA

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Painite View Post
    Is this a joke? Do some back of the envelope math and you will see that the top 3 guilds spend 2+ mountains of gems per member per battle on average. There are players spending over 10 mountains PER BATTLE. How much do you spend? The gem purchases of the other 99% that you reference are a drop in the bucket compared to the top 10.
    I couldn't aGree (I know beating a dead horse) more. I bet 90% of gems bought are by the top 50 guilds. No bout adoubt it. Thus, the only way Gree will listen is if the top dogs actually stick to their word...which will be obvious soon...

Lurker
    Post Count
    The only reason RK and the rest of the guilds are boycotting is because they ran out of gaming money. If Gree was smart they should make battles run weekly. Have a weekly winners list. Guilds can choose when to fight and when not too. Giving guilds a choice. That way guildslike RK and United (whatever) can either bleed money or give others a chance. I am sure more players would spend a few coin if they thought they had a chance. I have a 500 rank guild. With only about 4 gem users and are used sparingly. Some think a buying more gems but the difference in QP Is not worth it

Post Count
    Greetings folks,

Please keep on topic and try to be constructive or I will have to close the thread. We appreciate the feedback some of you have regarding the events/timing/etc.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...pdated-3-6-13*

~Sirius

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeks View Post
    The only reason RK and the rest of the guilds are boycotting is because they ran out of gaming money. If Gree was smart they should make battles run weekly. Have a weekly winners list. Guilds can choose when to fight and when not too. Giving guilds a choice. That way guildslike RK and United (whatever) can either bleed money or give others a chance. I am sure more players would spend a few coin if they thought they had a chance. I have a 500 rank guild. With only about 4 gem users and are used sparingly. Some think a buying more gems but the difference in QP Is not worth it
    There's a difference between running out of money and coming to the realization that the product no longer warrants your money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    Gree games have a 2 year life span. First 6 months gets you hooked then they start the squeeze. After 12 months they start flushing it down the toilet. It's much easier to drive all your players out then try and compensate those who have spent heaps when you decide to turn the server off. They just released another new version of the same basic concept.

Best advice is play the game for what it is. An iPhone ap designed to suck your money from you. How do you win? Stop spending.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Greetings folks,

Please keep on topic and try to be constructive or I will have to close the thread. We appreciate the feedback some of you have regarding the events/timing/etc.

~Sirius
    brosef, what is not constructive?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Greetings folks,

~Sirius
    I was wondering when gree might say something like that.
    Quote from the forum rules "Engage in religious or political discussion, or promote political or legal actions or boycotts against any entity"
    Thought this was the wrong place to talk about it.
    Last edited by Valid or; 05-22-2013 at 05:58 PM.
    Daily player