50 Free Gold... - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 50 Free Gold...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by awts321 View Post
    OK i just Got mine . uhmmm i thinking What will i Do/Buy with 50 Golds

as of now , i have 52 Gold Im a non-Gold Player so , Can u give me Advice or If You Have a 52 Gold , What will You Do or Buy with 52 Golds .. ?
    Use it for refills during the Syndicate Battles.
    Come join my syndicate, the EastSiders
    add code: 419204773

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hunt View Post
    There is a boycott on using gold ? I am behind on my forum reading, I'll do that next. But this kind of talk has never worked in the past ....
    Top teams (basically top 10 and a few outside) agreed on it for first 24h of war -- not to hurt gree but to show unity and make them listen. Given the timing of the gold sale just out some of us are thinking of refraining from any gold buys the whole war as a personal decision.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by awts321 View Post
    OK i just Got mine . uhmmm i thinking What will i Do/Buy with 50 Golds

as of now , i have 52 Gold Im a non-Gold Player so , Can u give me Advice or If You Have a 52 Gold , What will You Do or Buy with 52 Golds .. ?
    I'm like you, a non-gold buyer, and I hear the suggestion to use it during syndicate battles but I have to think long term so I buy 2 body guard buildings with it. It seems to me the best long term/greatest reward option.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ScratchFace View Post
    I'm like you, a non-gold buyer, and I hear the suggestion to use it during syndicate battles but I have to think long term so I buy 2 body guard buildings with it. It seems to me the best long term/greatest reward option.
    You'd be better off with scratchers. There is absolutely no reason to waste gold on defense buildings, unless you are swimming in oceans of gold, and have absurd amounts of free space in your hood. Even then, probably not.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bald zeemer View Post
    You'd be better off with scratchers. There is absolutely no reason to waste gold on defense buildings, unless you are swimming in oceans of gold, and have absurd amounts of free space in your hood. Even then, probably not.
    My luck with scratchers is abysmal.

Banned
    Post Count
    Me too. I think they just give scratchers to the lower level folks, because they aren't strong enough.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Ok, to clarify: I am not in any way endorsing buying scratchers. I am saying that using very limited gold for defense buildings is even worse than using it on scratchers.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Ok, to clarify: I am not in any way endorsing buying scratchers. I am saying that using very limited gold for defense buildings is even worse than using it on scratchers.
    So for the best long term decision, what would you suggest?

As it is right now I am rather enjoying not being robbed by my neighbors.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    20 defense wont change a thing.
    You could tapjoy up to 60 and buy a crate, giving you (on the current set) a minimum of 68 defense, plus attack points (101 if you only got 68 defense).
    You could use it to hit the boss, if you are close to being able to finish 40.
    You could use it on ltqs.
    You could finish up a limited building upgrade that you were just shy of finishing on time.
    You could save it for when you can access the powerful gold income buildings (church+).
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    20 defense wont change a thing.
    You're assuming my body guards are still at lvl 1.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Oh sweet jesus, you not only spent gold on defense buildings, you upgraded them!?

Upgrading defense buildings is an atrocious waste of precious upgrade time. The apparent gains you get are false. The eventual iph you gain from an appropriate upgrade plan will provide you the ability to purchase relatively powerful cash weapons, or to upgrade LTQ buildings for very powerful prizes.

The "gains" you get from upgrading BGAs and other defense buildings will scare away those who don't know who the game works, but put an enormous target on you for everyone else. There is no surer sign that somebody's defense is easy to get through than upgraded defense buildings.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    We go over this a lot, explaining the theory, but I thought an example might work. This is just a random from my RL.

This is the defense buildings in his hood. As you can see, he has a small cluster of lvl 10 BGAs, as well as a couple of lvl 10 abandoned houses, and a few others around. These are the only defensive buildings in his hood.

Now here is his profile, note the shown defense:

And here is the fight result. Note his true defense, over 10k lower than his shown defense.

This player most likely believes that the number in his profile is his real defense, whereas in reality he has significantly less defense than he otherwise would. Had he bought a set of 3 crates (not necessarily the best use of the gold, but an option) instead of BGAs he would have had significantly better defense (potentially much, much better if he scored a decent set), and he would have a more realistic idea of how well he is defended, thus preventing him leaving links he potentially wouldn't otherwise leave, as one example.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Alright....so why the heck is the profile defense different than the actual defense?
    Totally confused.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Because defense buildings don't give you the defense they claim. I believe the figure is that the increase in defense for every upgrade is actually half what is shown. By the time a BGA is level 10 its adding hundreds (or more?) of defense points to your profile that it isn't adding to your actual defense.

Long story short: Never upgrade defense buildings. Build your defense through your inventory, not your buildings.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Post Count
    I save gold quantities such as this for mis-clicks.....LOL!