Walls value for gold coin?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walls value for gold coin?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Walls value for gold coin?

For a level 300 guild is building walls gold coin well spent?

Post Count
    Honestly this is a great question. I'm up in the air on it and look forward to reading some of the responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    Gree games have a 2 year life span. First 6 months gets you hooked then they start the squeeze. After 12 months they start flushing it down the toilet. It's much easier to drive all your players out then try and compensate those who have spent heaps when you decide to turn the server off. They just released another new version of the same basic concept.

Best advice is play the game for what it is. An iPhone ap designed to suck your money from you. How do you win? Stop spending.

Banned
    Post Count
    Walls are a good idea

Post Count
    Personally I feel that a number of mid range walls would be more beneficial to you. Max the walls to level 5 or 6 to generate some points, but after that, the return is probably not worth the cost of walls in cost of stones and gold.

Ave Atque Vale

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Walls generating points? How does a wall generate points? As I understand it walls just reduce successful attacks to half points. Does reducing the opposition points benefit a level 300 guild?

Banned
    Post Count
    We as placed 43rd, and ran with level 5 walls. Since walls do not give US points, and people scouting us and losing does: We are thinking of not buying walls anymore.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by fredr View Post
    Walls generating points? How does a wall generate points? As I understand it walls just reduce successful attacks to half points. Does reducing the opposition points benefit a level 300 guild?
    For every hit on a wall you do receive some points, 50-100, if memory serves me correctly.

Ave Atque Vale

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickMunkey View Post
    For every hit on a wall you do receive some points, 50-100, if memory serves me correctly.
    Not sure that the defending guild receive any points at all for attacks against a wall. I am sure only the attacking side receive points.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    It's a tough call. The walls prevent the double points, so for some when you are fighting guilds higher rank than you there is a chance you move up the ladder. Once you get to the point where folks don't mind blowing gems and just take the walls down before heavy hitting it can become moot.

In blighted woods we missed 750 by 300 points, if just 1 wall was higher level when we battled a guild ranked higher that could have prevented double on two hits and gave us 750. Now in dwarven mines we missed 500 by about 60,000. Not sure 1 wall or all walls would have had the same impact.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    walls just take some energy from the opposition. I don't think they give you pts...

Verbose Veteran The_Legend_Shall_Live_On's Avatar
    Post Count
    IMHO - If your guild mainly consists of people who are not buying in-game gems (but still get some gems from in-game "tap to earn free gems") or buy very little (240 range or less), and mainly get paired up against other guilds who are the same, then walls level 5 - 7 are worth it.

It gets to the point where the opposition may have a couple of heavy gem users where a level 10 wall won't even cause them to blink, because 5 people hit 4 times and refill a couple of times each and take out the wall. So at most, it made them wait another 40 seconds before hitting players.

But when you are in the rankings of guilds who really have to strive for "every hit counting no matter what", and spend very little to money on gems in the game, then even a level 6 wall can be a pain in the butt.

You probably would not want to invest in walls higher than 7 (and even level 6 may be enough) so that you can continue to use the gold to increase bonuses for the guild and expand the guild itself. Your investment in the walls for the upcoming war should just be considered maybe a day or two before the war starts: could you possibly open up a guild expansion or a better health regeneration bonus? If not, use the gold to make level 5 or 6 walls. If you could do those expansions, do one or both, then use the rest on walls, getting as many as possible.

My 2 cents worth.

Consistent Contributor Battle Mage's Avatar
    Post Count
    Great question! And I have to agree with Maverick Monkey and The Legend.

For those lower-ranked guilds with members 'not as committed to the game', whether by not spending gems or a lot of time, then every hit does count and if you make your opposition use up 10-20 hits just taking down the wall, that will be 10-20 fewer hits they can use to gain double points.

If a guild declares war with only 4-5 free players and end up facing a L6 wall, you're probably better off doing a couple free hits to get SOME points, then saving the rest for the next battle when you can get larger numbers on board, and hopefully face a weaker wall. None of this is secret strategy, just basic logic.

So I would say mid-level walls (depends what your stone and gold donations can support) are MORE important the lower you are and the 'weaker' the opposition you are most likely to face. Think of them as a way to gain a slight relative advantage. The fewer CP they score, the less they rise up the rankings relative to your guild -> the higher you place.
    As Bluedood is doubtless painfully aware....

GL!
    Last edited by Battle Mage; 05-16-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I have a spreadsheet on this but not accessible at the moment. Here is the logic. You get 40 points per hit on the wall and 80 for destroying it. It use to take roughly 2x the wall level plus 1 hits. So you would get 480 points for a level 5 wall. Those same 11 hits would yield about 2200 points if there was no wall based on a low CP return. Now consider this. We ranked 147 last war. The point difference between us and the 150 guild was about 50,000. If we didn't have walls for our 32 battles we would have given up 55,000 points during the wars. Given those points are spread out amongst many guilds as you only see the same guild 2-3 times but with the ranks being that close and light gem spending...don't know if it is a risk worth taking. Level 4-6 walls work for us.

Post Count
    I am more inclined to Rastlin's point of view:
    With no or small walls your guild will be scouted more, and thus you earn the occasional defensive win.

But with an obvious target in your team (the L200, 1 allly guy), you'd better have some walls.

And, if every guild has the same level of walls, then nobody has any benefit from them.
    If you have like -OP- 32 wars. Then with walls you can deny points to those 32 guilds, but only to those.
    Depending on what you see at your standings you could try to have the average wall + 1 level.
    That could lead to a kind of arms race.
    Until we all realize again:
    if every guild has a level 10 wall, then nobody has any benefit from it.
    KA: erwin _____ 403-143-939 ______ no requests needed _____ free player _____ FKG member

Post Count
    If Gree were to introduce a bonus for winning a battle then Walls would be a great advantage. During events we have a Wall for a scheduled battle, but for the ad hoc battles we dont. Members like to win battles (the bigger the margin, the happier they are) so we get Walls around Level 3 - 5, but if we are declaring war on an ad hoc basis outside the core times to pick up points from opponents scouting etc. Walls are counter to the aim of getting points rather than stopping the opposition getting points.