GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GREE - Do not kill the golden goose

Banned
    Post Count

Exclamation GREE - Do not kill the golden goose

GREE please listen - I come in peace

You have a great game that members love YES there are problems (hackers / ticket responses etc.) BUT people love the game and these problems can be resolved.

2 Wars in 2 weeks is an extremely short-sighted move by you. I strongly question your financial department for thinking this is a good idea.

There is no doubt that you will see a bump in your sales in the month of May but at what expense?

Your loyal members already feel disenfranchised – how is this move going to improve customer loyalty?

I am at a loss for words, it is as if your business plan does not extend beyond the summer (maybe that is it) because at this pace you will kill the golden goose

I beg you not to allow this to happen as very quickly people will begin to turn away & I fear I will be one of them as I love this game.

Banned
    Post Count
    Ta-ta, Write when you get work.

Post Count
    it's not 2 war in 2 weeks unless you play both modern war and crime city .

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala82 View Post
    What do you mean? CC had a war 2 weeks ago.
    I NO LONGER PLAY CC

RETIRED FROM INDIAN NATION

My teepee still has the new teepee smell.

LOLGREE

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    And both CC and Modern War battle this weekend. Sorry CC syndicate you lose.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    It's war every weekend if you play KA and MW also. Lots of people are dropping one game or another because of this short-sighted business plan.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    The frequency of battle is the first problem. ^^^ this is a different issue but still a problem. I have turned down syndicate recruiters just this week because I will be battling with my faction in MW. I have a real life. I am not going to spend 3 days on my device trying to play 2 games. These events must be a minimum of 4 weeks apart and never implemented on the same weekend as one of the other games.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    It's war every weekend if you play KA and MW also. Lots of people are dropping one game or another because of this short-sighted business plan.
    I dropped MW and KA. Wars every two weeks will cause me to drop CC as well.
    I've gone super Rogue.

Updated Hood Planner (w/ Bloody Barber Shop)

MT's Camping Guide

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Recruit View Post
    2 Wars in 2 weeks is an extremely short-sighted move by you. I strongly question your financial department for thinking this is a good idea.
    They were probably thinking ahead this time. Remember back when syndicates were released, and then the first battle was pretty much just thrown at us? It might have been a last-minute attempt to boost the sales for that quarter. It probably didn't really work, considering they had to do a round of layoffs recently.

So this time they are thinking slightly further ahead than last minute. They'll get two wars in for May, and probably try to get in another two for June, to make an attempt at boosting the figures for Q2.

See, not short-sighted at all. Instead of thinking two weeks ahead (or 10 weeks behind, depending how you look at it), they are 6 weeks ahead/behind this time.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD@wg View Post
    The frequency of battle is the first problem. ^^^ this is a different issue but still a problem. I have turned down syndicate recruiters just this week because I will be battling with my faction in MW. I have a real life. I am not going to spend 3 days on my device trying to play 2 games. These events must be a minimum of 4 weeks apart and never implemented on the same weekend as one of the other games.
    Agree 100% - I say 6 weeks between wars in a game, so there is a weekend free between each war even for those who do all three games.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MattThomas08 View Post
    I dropped MW and KA. Wars every two weeks will cause me to drop CC as well.
    I dropped CC
    Bobar

ID 760-288-736

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I've seen these complaints on the MW forums too.

My question is, what would happen if you sat out a war or two? What if a top faction stopped spending ridiculous amounts of gold and had to deal with the indignity of not winning every event or placing near the top of every event? What if the game is more fun when events are going on for us moderate players who regularly ignore the game for days at a time regardless of event scheduling as we feel our real lives around virtual events in silly game?

I don't mean to be offensive with my question, and I understand that the biggest spenders should have the most say on how GREE does things. I guess I just don't understand why the incidence of an event compels people to participate in every single event or quit the game altogether.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    There are members in my syndicate already quit because of this. Keep it up gree and you will be the MySpace.

More importantly, this is pushing serious gold spender to moderately spender. And gold spender to casual player. You don't need a business degree (which I happen to have), to see that it is just down right stupid way to run a business
    Last edited by kingofwale; 05-15-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Post Count
    No one is forcing anyone to participate in any of these events.
    GREE will not increase the time between syndicate events as it brings in the biggest revenues out of all the events.
    Complaining on here until your blue in the face will not change GREE's stance.

The CC syndicate that I am in has made the decision to play this event as a non-gold event. If more syndicates did the same, it might send a message to GREE but I still don't think it will work because in MW, the number of points has gone up with each event even with some factions sitting it out.

Do what YOU have to do and don't let anyone else tell you different.
    Last edited by Dutchie; 05-15-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Post Count
    Do Gree care ?

For every player that quit someone new start playing