Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Is there such a thing as end game armors to target for?

Hi all,
    Was wondering if there is such a thing as a set of end armor to aim for?
    Just wondering if there is a possibility of missing the bigger four and work on the target end game armors?

There really aren't any specific armors, since there are new armors every week with the Epic Boss, and other new armors constantly being added to the DPC and other chests that they sporadically come out with.

Also, it is relative to what you need, based on element choices. If you don't have a solid Fire/Spirit armor, sure, go for Dark Prince. It will tide you over until you get the next F/S boss armor. If you have one of the newer bosses, you probably don't need DP (as much). You will eventually need a lot of maxed out armors if you want to compete, since at the moment, endgame consists of three things: the weekly boss, Arena, and Guild Wars. Only having a few armors leaves you as a farmable target for 2 of the 3, and at a disadvantage against some bosses. So more like 2.5/3. The more armors you have, the better.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster View Post
    Hi all,
    Was wondering if there is such a thing as a set of end armor to aim for?
    Just wondering if there is a possibility of missing the bigger four and work on the target end game armors?
    In my opinion, the fastest and only way to get a good equipment is, from the beginning :

- Beginning armor (usually monk's vestments) : around lvl20.
    - Big 4 : at least 2 of them maxed out. With only 1 you will not be able to clean the marsh, or incredibly slowly with friends.
    - Bigger 4 : With 1 you can kill an epic boss lvl43 using a few gems (Rocfeather is weaker so maybe you won't with this one). With 2 you can kill the epic boss if you are lucky on elements.
    - Epic boss +armors : If you don't pay, they will be your end game armors. Skipping the bigger four is not possible I think. Or maybe if you have lots of big4(to have the advantage on the epic boss with all of your knights), with good guild bonuses, very strong friends and some gems to skip some levels before 43 (11gems each). I think this is the answer of your question.

If you pay for gems, or if you are in a guild that is well ranked during the war, you can skip some steps of course.

I hope it helped you

Quote Originally Posted by Bysth View Post
    - Epic boss +armors : If you don't pay, they will be your end game armors.
    Add to that non-plus Epic armors created by having lots of luck when fusing epic boss non-plus armors.
    (probably some recent non-boss non-plus Legendaries created by the fusing would also qualify for "end game armors")
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

I maxed the big4 and had every intention of farming and maxing the bigger4. After creating the bigger4, I began leveling to unlock the + version, but ended up getting lucky on a few fuses. I'm now lvl 101 without any of the bigger4 but have armors in most elements that are superior to them. The key is to use the spreadsheet. I'd recommend just playing the game without targeting an end game armor. The pve armors are enough to get you through the game, but if you get lucky and get an armor superior to one of those elements, then skip it.

I skipped most of the bigger four, but I was lucky to have powerful friends to help me vs. the Epic Bosses.

I maxed out Rocfeather+ because I had nothing else to work on at the time, but now Notus+ is better defense, but a wimpy offense. I maxed out Infernal Lord+ despite having Phyrus in the pipeline because I was so close to maxing it before Phyrus came along. The others I skipped.

My aim is to have all 5 pair Legendary+ armors (fire/water, water/air etc) of which I now have 3 maxed, fand all 5 non-pair Legendary+ armors (fire/Earth, water/Spirit etc) of which I am only missing air/fire. On top of that comes maxing out BK+, and any mono Legendaries I see fit.
    Last edited by Musketeer; 08-27-2013 at 11:16 AM.

I think you guys are all dancing around the "endgame" set question. As they release new armors, there is no finalized "set" unless you mean the generic "bigger four" from the storyline. As they release each new boss, the armors are getting more and more powerful, and the rewards from Guild Wars will only continue to get better and better over time. Again, it is relative to what you want.

- If you want true "endgame" set, it would be the current epics and the strongest of the boss armors, and BKal+ thrown in for good measure.
    - If you only want to clear storyline content, then the bigger four is what you need.
    - If you want to keep up in Arena/Guild Wars, you again need the best you can get until your rewards replace current armors.
    - If you want to kill each weeks bosses, the current "best" is what you want. Note, this changes as each new boss is released.

Also, just because you find another armor that is "better" than a previous combo, doesn't mean it is obsolete or you should skip it all-together. You will often need multiple of the same combo to take down bosses, so the more of each combo you have the better.

Say for instance you have a water/fire combo boss. If you only have AA and no other air/water, air, or water armors to match up, you're at a disadvantage. If however, you have say... AA, Storm Sorc, and Boreas, you have a much better chance of taking that water/fire boss down than without. So just because one has better stats than the other, doesn't mean you should totally ignore it. You'll have to figure out which ones you need, which ones you can level quickly and efficiently, to get whatever job it is you want to do, done.

Busteroaf
    Retired

ATM there is a definite set of end game armor. Cloudrange+, blazebourne+, and moontide+. The only people capable of having that is someone from rainbow room. That being said I doubt one of them have all three epic plus armors maxed. That would be frightening.
    Last edited by taylor1993; 08-27-2013 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Spelling error :P

I'm a new compared to lots of people here, but what I would suggest is finding friends to help beat the epic boss for the armor rewards. Go to the damage leader boards and friend the top twenty, sometimes this doesn't let me add them, so I also go to the tournament lb and add the top 10 or so. This should give you enough help regardless of your gear to reach the leg armor reward.
    Replicatorz lvl 140+. Leader of Exiled, lvl 24+ Android guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Replicatorz View Post
    I'm a new compared to lots of people here, but what I would suggest is finding friends to help beat the epic boss for the armor rewards. Go to the damage leader boards and friend the top twenty, sometimes this doesn't let me add them, so I also go to the tournament lb and add the top 10 or so. This should give you enough help regardless of your gear to reach the leg armor reward.
    If you are going to blindly add the top 20... send in game requests first if you can find them on the forums. Its not fun getting spammed with friend requests from people you don't know daily. And yes, people WILL add you, but they can also drop you tomorrow unless they know "hey, thats the guy that asked me for help"... Names I recognize don't get the ax when new guild players or alts show up or friends want a spot on my list. Just sayin.
    Last edited by busteroaf; 08-27-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Busteroaf
    Retired

Until they come up with an easy in game message system, its to much of a hassle to not just friend randomly. Sorry to those who hate random friend requests.
    Replicatorz lvl 140+. Leader of Exiled, lvl 24+ Android guild.

Quote Originally Posted by busteroaf View Post
    I think you guys are all dancing around the "endgame" set question.
    Maybe we should define what we mean by endgame, in a game that has no actual end.

First, there's the point where you have completed every quest in the storyline. Once you've done that, I consider you are in the endgame. You are in the never ending cycle of fighting Epic Bosses, fighting in Tournaments, and fighting in Guild Wars (assuming Gree have fixed this before the next Guild War)

There is also the possible definition of the point you reach when you are happy to stop actively playing the game. For me, that's when I've got one of every Legendary+ armor combination, excluding monos. I'm not concerning myself with Epic armors, I'm not spending any more funds on this game so I'm very unlikely to ever have one.

Yes, Gree will continue to release slightly better armors with each cycle, but I'm not going to keep replacing my armors with fractionally better or just different armors for the hell of it. I'm sick and tired of farming materials, so if Gree don't come up with a better (i.e. less tedious) way to level armors by the time I've got my Legendary+ set then I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by busteroaf View Post
    If you are going to blindly add the top 20... send in game requests first if you can find them on the forums. Its not fun getting spammed with friend requests from people you don't know daily. And yes, people WILL add you, but they can also drop you tomorrow unless they know "hey, thats the guy that asked me for help"... Names I recognize don't get the ax when new guild players or alts show up or friends want a spot on my list. Just sayin.
    Currently sitting at 99 requests. Someone told me they sent me one, I just asked for theirs instead. It's easier.

Being an Android player I consider myself new compared to the ios crowd.
    I am lvl 96 now and had it not been for the free gem videos flowing for me for 2 weeks (now dried up) I would have needed the bigger 4. However I managed to have, and get, enough gems to get all 4 dragon+ resulting in also getting the BK+ and so can safely skip the bigger 4.
    Check the stat tables and you will see that with rare exception your non+ epic boss armours will be weaker than the big 4. The big 4 also only require going to level 20 before the + unlike the 35 for the boss armours.

If you feel like gambling you may try fusing for the following non+ with your Legendary epic boss armours.
    Combustion (fire air) ****
    Clayplate (earth water) ****
    Guardian (spirit earth) ****
    Or the Epic ***** Blazeborne (Fire) and Moontide (spirit water)
    Those 5 are known to be fusable and are as good as or better than eipc (Legendary) boss+ armours.

Going bigger 4+ is slow and safe. You may get lucky with fusions of your non+ boss armours until you can beat the level 43 boss or get a lucky stream of gems and possibly a 5 gem summon stone.
    In the meantime most experienced players may recommend using those gems for a 2nd or possibly 3rd armoury and bringing them and your training fields to level 3 first (again slow and safe).

Good luck and have fun.

I personally see no benefit to mono armours except the killer stat Epic Blazeborne.
    I see the best boss fighting armours as being the sequential pairs like water air due to the possibility of combating a sequential paired boss such as water fire. Just my opinion though.
    Last edited by Dagobah; 08-27-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
    I'm not concerning myself with Epic armors, I'm not spending any more funds on this game so I'm very unlikely to ever have one.
    If you fuse your boss non-plus armors (or even fuse together the 3-star storyline armors) sooner or later the result will be a (non-plus) Epic armor without any funds spent...
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration