GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gree really is not learning...

Hybrid View

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Gree really is not learning...

Japanese mobile-social gaming juggernaut GREE recently laid off around 30 employees from its San Francisco office, according to GameIndustry International.

“We have recently aligned GREE’s U.S. studio to focus on creating the next generation of mobile social games,” said Anil Dharni, chief operating officer of GREE, in an official statement. “This shift in focus has been clearly demonstrated by the success and growth of our games. As part of ensuring that we are operating as efficiently as possible, we have made the difficult decision to reduce our work force. The employees leaving today have made great contributions to our success and we wish them all the best.”

http://www.insidesocialgames.com/201...nd-of-layoffs/

Banned
    Post Count
    I hope they didn't lay-off any of the really awesome customer service employees who were quick to respond to my tickets...

Post Count
    The boycott of gem buying is once again affecting GREE, as it did when MW boycotted gold buying. The way they dealt with that was to lay off their own. We're seeing the same here after the top guilds have held off on buying gems, well done to those who have.

Sure speaks volumes about this company...glad I don't pump money or my time into it anymore.

Banned
    Post Count
    Success and growth, so to further improve ourselves we are going to reduce our labor force...

Banned
    Post Count
    This "boycott" you speak of is only a pretend boycott. Those players you mention bought too many gems/gold bars when the old bonus program was applicable, so they don't need to purchase anything for the time being. When their treasuries begin depleting, they will be forced to buy more. Just watch. If anything, can't trust an addict's words when they say they will quit.

Banned
    Post Count
    I for one am happy to see this since it means either.

The service/product will improve (can’t really get much worse)
    The service/product will get worse in which case will be the final push to quit
    They will just shut the games down which will break the addiction and can find something more useful to do with spare time

I have gotten two replys back from Gree since war ended.

They have actually replied back to two Emails tonight! Very surprised! Asking for Screen shots of ITunes receipts and failed downloades. Hopefully they will get this figured out before this next LTQ starts.

Jailbroken.

Kingdom Killers. We just placed 34th Dwarven Mines.

Current bonuses:
    Casualty Rate: +14%
    Upgrade Cost: +22%
    Upgrade Time: +22%
    Member Increase: +24

Guild invite code 364-118-223

Correction

They replied back to me I mean!

Current bonuses:

Post Count

Unhappy

Is this why it takes forever to have the LTQ starting? They have no more people to administer the game!?

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Calindra View Post
    Is this why it takes forever to have the LTQ starting? They have no more people to administer the game!?
    Must be.

I wouldn't mind waiting... but they made it say "Active"

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailbroken<TNW> View Post
    They have actually replied back to two Emails tonight! Very surprised! Asking for Screen shots of ITunes receipts and failed downloades. Hopefully they will get this figured out before this next LTQ starts.

Jailbroken.

Current bonuses:

I received one of these e-mails. It was a week or two before the one that said it wasn't there problem and to call Apple iTunes support. Of course Apple said it wasn't there fault and to call the game company. Thanks Gree...

Lurker
    Post Count

Boycott??

Hi guys!
    It's funny to hear people talking about boycott!

During The Battle for Blighted Woods my guild finished 289th (Top 400) with a total of 389,361 points. This time (Dwarven Mines) we finished again in the Top 400 (235th) with a total of 633,358 points and we were 223k points away from reaching the Top 200. So we almost doubled our points to get to the same result. I'm not complaining. We have lots of fun during battles and it's not a problem if we can't get any higher in the ranking.

What amazes me the most is reading people talking about gems boycott?? How can someone speak about boycott if the results of the last two wars prove otherwise. Guilds don't get higher scores by not buying gems!!! Maybe some of the main guilds stopped buying gems, but they surely had a huge amount of these stocked somewhere!! For the rest of us, I really don't believe that there was a boycott!

Regards
    Last edited by Braga; 05-14-2013 at 06:04 AM.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Points definitely seemed higher his time around. I wonder how much of that was from gems people received for the lost gems of the last battle? I know a bunch of people in my guild received gems from that.

Post Count
    Maybe they laid off the only guy/gal who knows how to press the button that says "GO" ...
    If you want another ally, my code is 610-007-419.

RE:

those people lost their jobs... probably have families to support and every one here is gloating at that cause their mom wont let them use the credit card to buy more gems. no class.