500 allies???

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 500 allies???

Post Count

500 allies???

Is it 500 allies or not? I'm confused. At one point I had 527 allies as I heard you could have more even though you could still only take 500 in to battle. I got rid of a bit of a few dead/inactive allies which took me below the 500, now I can't go over the 500 again! I just want to know what the ruling is. We have members in our guild with over 500 but I can't go over this. I don't want to know what the 'right' thing to do is, I'll make up my own mind on that, I just want to know what the deal is with ally numbers.
    Thanks.
    Shluggy

Banned
    Post Count
    I agree!

Why can other players add more allies than others? I know that only 500 will go into battle, but it would be nice that the ones I add to my list are also visible in my ally count.

Post Count
    Exactly! and I think the whole way we see our allies needs to be addressed. I wish there was some way of organising them, like in level order for example. If it is only 500 allies I like to choose which of my allies to drop before adding a new one, and to go through them to find an inactive or really low level one is such a pain. In the very very least I would like to have just one list and not have to go through the 'showing 50 of 500, showing 99 of 500'. Then after deleting one ally from right at the bottom, it goes straight back to the top again!!! so frustrating and time consuming!!

Consistent Contributor Namine33's Avatar
    Post Count
    Does your ally even mean anything? Does it matter if your ally has 500str or 500k str? I thought it just allowed you 3 more units/armor/weapons to use in a fight??
    Namine -
    821-146-375
    Rogue: 190k attack at lvl 112 w/173allies
    (update) 2.8M/3.4M at lvl 143 w/500allies

Post Count
    I like to chat to some of my allies and recruiting for the guild has been successful through my allies too. Therefore, yes, I do think its important to know my allies. It doesn't make any difference to the game because of their stats, but if they're not active players any more, a new active player could get lost in the list. I can't even find some of my guild members in it!

Banned
    Post Count
    Beside the fact that the ally list should be organised in level, it should give a correct number in my profil, I can add as many allies as I want now and the invite goes to the player to who I send the invite, only it doesn't show or count in my profil, when 1 ally leave my group I immediately have 499 ( while I added/accepted more than 530 allies...)

Consistent Contributor Jean marc's Avatar
    Post Count
    Directly from the help guide FAQ of the game.
    For every level of your character, you can bring 5 allies to battle "you reach maximum count when you are at level 100" (up to the cap of 500). Each ally will bring 3 units, and each one of those units will be equipped with one weapon and one armor. The total attack and defense of your best units and items determines your stats going into battle. For any items beyond the maximum amount, only the best ones will be chosen. Please also note that every unit (except those bought with gems) has a casualty rate, and can be lost in battle.
    jean marc

Lawful good does not always mean lawful nice.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Yup ...confused! Me too can't add more than 500 and I see many with way above that! It's been like this for me since last war. I know how allies work just don't get why I can't add more even if does nothing for battles! Some kind of bug or new fix???

Consistent Contributor Jean marc's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiokus View Post
    Yup ...confused! Me too can't add more than 500 and I see many with way above that! It's been like this for me since last war. I know how allies work just don't get why I can't add more even if does nothing for battles! Some kind of bug or new fix???
    More likely a bug, i am not able to add more than 500, and would not go higher, there is no use for more.
    jean marc

Lawful good does not always mean lawful nice.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean marc View Post
    ....... there is no use for more.
    In your opinion, but I have my uses for allies for the guild. I'm not asking to add more I just want to know the rules. As for the direct quote from the rule book.... I have read them, but it is obviously not right if I can find a lot of other players with more than 500 and I once had 527 myself. At this time, it said 527 when I went into my visit allies page but still only said 500 on my profile page. I also saw a thread on here about now being able to add more than 500 allies during the battled for Dragons Roost, but now I can't find it, inconveniently!

The other thing I would like to know is this. On my visit allies page as of right now I have 499 allies in the top right corner, scrolling down it says - "Load more Alliance Members ... 498 Total, 39 grunts, 50 showing". What are grunts? are these the ones you get from such things as finishing maps?? Why doesn't it just say I have 537 total? If grunts are the ones I have won, why does it say 499 at the top and 498 at the bottom (plus these grunts). I find this confusing.

Post Count
    Anything? Anybody??

Verbose Veteran The_Legend_Shall_Live_On's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shluggy View Post
    In your opinion, but I have my uses for allies for the guild. I'm not asking to add more I just want to know the rules. As for the direct quote from the rule book.... I have read them, but it is obviously not right if I can find a lot of other players with more than 500 and I once had 527 myself. At this time, it said 527 when I went into my visit allies page but still only said 500 on my profile page. I also saw a thread on here about now being able to add more than 500 allies during the battled for Dragons Roost, but now I can't find it, inconveniently!
    I asked support about this way back when to clarify for myself. You can ally with an unlimited number of people. However, this does use some memory of your devise (iPhone, Android, tablet), so having over 500, depending on the devise you're using, can cause slows, problems, bumping you out of the game, etc.

Adding more than 500 allies is really about friendship (already have 500, a buddy asks you to add him/her, so you do so) and does not affect your game play. It won't bring in more units to battle. It won't change your stats or affect your game play at all. Here's why:

The maximum amount of allies you can bring to battle has been set to 500. Until that changes, the others are "somewhere behind the curtain" or just not showing at all. HOWEVER - you could have exactly 500 allies, and one day, unknown to you, someone drops you as an ally. Now your slightly less effective (3 less units, weapons and armor brought to battle). So having more than 500 prevents that from happening.

And for some reason only known to the cookie monster, some people show more than 500 allies and others don't. Mine should show 653+ but alas, it only shows 500.

The other thing I would like to know is this. On my visit allies page as of right now I have 499 allies in the top right corner, scrolling down it says - "Load more Alliance Members ... 498 Total, 39 grunts, 50 showing". What are grunts? are these the ones you get from such things as finishing maps?? Why doesn't it just say I have 537 total?If grunts are the ones I have won....
    The grunts are ones that are "fake" allies that are awarded from mastering the early maps, finishing early quests, etc. they are "awarded allies" instead of finding a fellow gamer and adding them.

...why does it say 499 at the top and 498 at the bottom (plus these grunts).
    .....No clue. Programming glitch from way back when. But rest assured, if it starts to affect your game play in some way, you can send in a support ticket. But it won't.

I find this confusing.
    Hope the above helps.
    Last edited by The_Legend_Shall_Live_On; 05-03-2013 at 03:24 PM.
    Since April 2012

And for laughs...

Post Count
    WOW, that is amazing info!! Thank you so so much, it's exactly what I was looking for. Clears up the lot for me in one message. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions, your a star!!

S

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    There have also been past prizes with special bonuses that allow people to bring more allies into battle. Some even reduce the amount of allies your opponent can bring into battle.

I'm not sure if those bonuses work, of if that even affects the number of allies that shows up, but its a possibility

Lurker
    Post Count
    Has anyone noticed that u can get an extra ally for 17 gems?