Regarding Android Stat Changes

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding Android Stat Changes

Regarding Android Stat Changes

Hey all,

We've received a lot of reports on the stat changes made in MW Android yesterday, and we would like to clarify the nature of that change.

Previously, the numbers displayed in the attack/defense part of the profile and attack screen were calculated by the client (the app on your device). Meanwhile the actual attack used the numbers on the server. The client calculation was correct and in-line with the server the majority of the time, but the client could get things wrong. This became increasingly true as the number of boost effects in the game increased; as an example, some of the boosts from buildings/items were multiplying rather than adding together in the client calculation. This was particularly noticeable at higher boost levels.

So in the last MWA update, we changed it so that the numbers are direct from the server rather than being calculated by the client. In doing so, we accidentally caused an issue where boosts were briefly not showing up correctly at all. That has been fixed. We understand that after the fix, some players are still seeing their stats as lower than before the change; again, this is due to the fact that boosts were not calculating on the client correctly. The stats are now displaying correctly; what you are seeing are the stats as they are and have always been calculated on the server.

We understand the frustration when things like this happen, but we also understand how important it is to our players that they are able to see their stats and make correct decisions based on that information. Which is exactly why this change was made: we want to clear up any places where things are not displaying properly.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this change, and I will do my best to answer them.

Post Count
    Why aren't nation boosts showing up(or included) anymore?

And before you(and everyone else) tell me they are invisible, I am UK and I can see when I add sea units that my nation boost isn't being included at all.
    Last edited by ohgreatitsryan; 05-08-2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: sexification
    Add me before I get banned again for harassing the mods.
    Modern War: Ginger Lvl 80 ID#: 128 150 570 & Lvl 194 ID#: 643 379 083

Quote Originally Posted by ohgreatitsryan View Post
    Why aren't nation boosts showing up(or included) anymore?

And before you(and everyone else) tell me they are invisible, I am UK and I can see when I add sea units that my nation boost isn't being included at all.
    Good question, and I'm asking the devs about that.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Good question, and I'm asking the devs about that.
    Thanks CJ!

Banned
    Post Count
    I was just wondering if they test these updates before pushing them out or if they hit enter and then pray it works

Quote Originally Posted by njemt242 View Post
    I was just wondering if they test these updates before pushing them out or if they hit enter and then pray it works
    We test them. The BIG stat drop that happened wouldn't have shown up in test, because it was caused by something that went wrong in the actual deploy process.

Lurker
    Post Count
    People have been seeing incorrect stats on iOS too. Has that been fixed as well?

Post Count
    Thanks to you CJ for the development report!!
    MW - Stormchaser: 978-463-520
    VFF Elite Rangers

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Hey all,

We've received a lot of reports on the stat changes made in MW Android yesterday, and we would like to clarify the nature of that change.

Previously, the numbers displayed in the attack/defense part of the profile and attack screen were calculated by the client (the app on your device). Meanwhile the actual attack used the numbers on the server. The client calculation was correct and in-line with the server the majority of the time, but the client could get things wrong. This became increasingly true as the number of boost effects in the game increased; as an example, some of the boosts from buildings/items were multiplying rather than adding together in the client calculation. This was particularly noticeable at higher boost levels.

So in the last MWA update, we changed it so that the numbers are direct from the server rather than being calculated by the client. In doing so, we accidentally caused an issue where boosts were briefly not showing up correctly at all. That has been fixed. We understand that after the fix, some players are still seeing their stats as lower than before the change; again, this is due to the fact that boosts were not calculating on the client correctly. The stats are now displaying correctly; what you are seeing are the stats as they are and have always been calculated on the server.

We understand the frustration when things like this happen, but we also understand how important it is to our players that they are able to see their stats and make correct decisions based on that information. Which is exactly why this change was made: we want to clear up any places where things are not displaying properly.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this change, and I will do my best to answer them.
    Thanks CJ I have been waiting for this for to long. I like seeing my correct stats.

I have 1 question about the update but not stat related. We can now click on units in our inventory. Ios can do the same but also they can buy those units can the option to buy the units be added to android.?

Post Count
    @CJ54, Why are we still seeing attack swings of upwards of 60k in pvp on android?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ohgreatitsryan View Post
    @CJ54, Why are we still seeing attack swings of upwards of 60k in pvp on android?
    Same here, massive swings, Android also.

Another thing I've noticed is that if you look at the same profile using android and then iOS, the stats are different, why is this?

Ryan, regarding the nation boosts: the devs need to port a bit of code over to the live servers to address that issue, they're going to try and do that tomorrow.

We're also checking on faction boosts; we keep getting conflicting reports on those (they show up for us over here, but some players keep reporting that they aren't showing for them)

Quote Originally Posted by Blawson View Post
    People have been seeing incorrect stats on iOS too. Has that been fixed as well?
    iOS does not have all the kinks worked out yet. Due to the way our development cycle interacts with the required approval process on Apple's end, iOS updates tend to be way farther apart but have more fixes in them than the average Droid update. We will get all the kinks ironed out, from both games, it's just a process.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormchaser View Post
    Thanks to you CJ for the development report!!
    We're going to try to get them out more regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by atretes1 View Post
    I have 1 question about the update but not stat related. We can now click on units in our inventory. Ios can do the same but also they can buy those units can the option to buy the units be added to android.?
    I'll ask the devs about that as well.

Lurker
    Post Count
    cj54 did you get my pm?
    iDELPH

84th Greenland/German Alliance
    951st Egypt/Soldiers Of Today, SOT
    559th China/British Invation
    106th Ireland/All Legends
    98th Colombia/All Legends
    61st Madagascar/Infected Boot Of Blest
    31st Poland/iBOB
    22nd Australia/iBOB
    23rd Canada/iBOB
    59th India/DELPH
    25th France/iDELPH
    25th Mexico/iDELPH
    25th Italy/iDELPH
    26th Netherlands/iDELPH
    15th Cuba/iDELPH
    15th Chile/iDELPH
    18th Turkey/iDELPH

Post Count
    CJ, kind of off topic, but do you know when we will have the ability to change our name? I have been waiting since you told us in the forum over a month ago

Who doesn't want CDR Shepard as an ally? 543 668 387 - If you're not an ally, you're a rival!

LoW Recruiting! http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...95#post1235395

Banned
    Post Count

What about addressing the issues of wildly mismatched pvp losses????

CJ, what about the issues reported all over the forums about massive imbalances in attack/defence stats and losses to opponents with orders of magnitude less stats that SHOULD be easy wins? People with 500k plus attack losing to people with 200k or less defence. That's an issue on both android and iOS that didn't exist before Ireland. Everyone is complaining about it but no one from Gree is addressing it. What's happening with that??? Everyone is getting mightily ticked off over it, members of our faction are either boycotting gold spending or talking of quitting all together out of frustration. Can you let us know what the story is with that, and please don't trot out the tired excuse of hidden bonuses we don't see in opponent stats because hidden bonuses can't bridge a 300k plus stat difference between 500k and 200k. Real answers would be appreciated.