Page 5 of 9 First ... 34567 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch Lamperouge View Post
    Ok when i reach a reward tier when i get stuck (like at tier 15, personally i like just collecting the epic armour and im only level 39 now so its not like i will actually get to tier 43 and be able to craft the + version) what i do is use two of my own knights (in appropriate elemental amour, like this week its the leviathan, so im using the AA+ (currently level 26) and the Crius + (currently level 22)) on ny main and another, then i hire two friends for a total of 7EE for my first fight to save 6EE to hire another two friends
    What im curious about is if im doing this efficiently? Like would it be more efficient if i used 8EE first fight then 5EE next fight (one friend) to get the 100% boost for the first? Or is the way im doing it currently more efficient?
    3/4 allows you to use 4 friends all together so gives more damage in total. 2/5 only lets you use 3 friends.
    QUIT

Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch Lamperouge View Post
    Ok when i reach a reward tier when i get stuck (like at tier 15, personally i like just collecting the epic armour and im only level 39 now so its not like i will actually get to tier 43 and be able to craft the + version) what i do is use two of my own knights (in appropriate elemental amour, like this week its the leviathan, so im using the AA+ (currently level 26) and the Crius + (currently level 22)) on ny main and another, then i hire two friends for a total of 7EE for my first fight to save 6EE to hire another two friends
    What im curious about is if im doing this efficiently? Like would it be more efficient if i used 8EE first fight then 5EE next fight (one friend) to get the 100% boost for the first? Or is the way im doing it currently more efficient?
    Assuming all knights have equal stats (which they never do)
    5 Knights (200% damage) = power of 10 knights and
    2 Knights (125% damage) = power of 2.5 knights
    12.5 total

4 Knights (175% damage) = power of 7 knights and
    3 Knights (150% damage) = power of 4.5 knights
    11.5 total

-------- Sidekick knights re- calculation ---------
    5/2 (200%) then 125%
    Main knight 1 x 2.00 = 2
    Sidekick1 1 x 2.00 x .67 = 1.34
    Sidekick2 1 x 2.00 x .67 = 1.34
    Friend x2 2x2.00 = 4
    Total for first wave 8.67

second wave (1.25%)
    Main Knight 1 x 1.25
    Friend x1 1 x 1.25
    Total for second wave 2.5

Total 11.17 for 5/2

4/3
    Main knight 1 x 1.75
    Sidekick 1 x 1.75 x .67
    Friend 1 x 1.75
    Friend 1 x 1.75
    Total for 4 = 6.42

Main Knight 1.x 1.5
    Friend 1 x 1.50
    Friend 1 x 1.50
    Total for 3 = 4.5

Total = 10.92

After new calculations you can see that it is very close assuming the same gear. Your friends best character will tend to have very nice armor compared to your sub knights. It is therefore recommended you do 4/3 (or 3/4) given you have enough friends available.
    Last edited by DG Magneto; 08-26-2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Re-Calculations

Quote Originally Posted by DG Magneto View Post
    12.5 total

11.5 total

Friends would have to be quite a bit more powerful to be the better choice. They usually are though. Good luck!
    My friends stats are anywhere between 1450 att and deff and 1000 att and deff
    My stats at best are 767 att and 776 deff (AA+ level 26) on my main and 659 att and 713 deff (Crius+ level 25) on a secondary (also level 39, almost 40)
    So would it be a better choice?
    Last edited by Lelouch Lamperouge; 08-25-2013 at 11:03 AM.
    Will there be sacrifice? Yes and not just soldiers, but innocent bystanders, as well. Even so ... no ... because of that, I cannot stop. Even if I need to cheat and hurt others, I must persevere. To that end I must become carnage incarnate. I must spill yet more blood, so that the blood already spilt will not be in vain.

K&D
    Lelouch
    XBF-DZH-QCZ
    Level 39 (currently)
    Guild:The Black Knights (could use some recruits )

Quote Originally Posted by DG Magneto View Post
    12.5 total

11.5 total

Friends would have to be quite a bit more powerful to be the better choice. They usually are though. Good luck!
    I think you're forgetting the sidekick penalty, which is something like 67% of a main character. In your top equation drop out 1.33 knights effectively in your math which brings the raw value below the 3/4 route. Also it's incredibly rare that you're going to have 2 let alone 3 sets of armor better than most of your friends list assuming similarly leveled (or superior) friends, and that further devalues the 5/2 when you really need to maximize a boss on a total of 13 EE available.

Generally speaking if you know you'll need it, it's better to go 3/4 or 2/5; basically on the second time the boss will SA right off the top the number of times it did in the first round in my experience (my math may be a little off there, I haven't tracked percentages correctly but this seems right anecdotally), so the fewer knights go first, the less likely you are to trigger multiple SA's off the top which is what hurts 5/2 so often is usually you'll get 2 immediately on the second fight (after taking 2 the first fight, 4 guarunted crits) whereas 2/5 you may only get 3, or even 2 guarunteed crits from SA's against your knights. More health efficient.
    --Rev

Good read! It's very useful. I hope others will come to read this too.

So much useful information, everyone should read
    Hello I'm Bob. Currently level 100+ in Knights and Dragons. I check on the game very frequently.
    Android Friend Code: WBB-HMZ-RPW

Meh so many questions

Which combination do you think is better:

3+2 (for max% dmg) and 1+1 or
    2+2 and 1+2
    (always own troops+friends).

I intend to the 2nd one but i am not 100% sure because of the %dmg

Quote Originally Posted by HalbeSuppe View Post
    Meh so many questions

Which combination do you think is better:

3+2 (for max% dmg) and 1+1 or
    2+2 and 1+2
    (always own troops+friends).

I intend to the 2nd one but i am not 100% sure because of the %dmg
    There is no "better".
    You do 5/2 or 2/5 as long as that works, since it only uses up 3 friends, then switch to 4/3 or 3/4 once that no longer works.
    4/3 / 3/4 == friend are bottlenecking it to 10 / 4 = 2.5 runs per day.
    5/2 / 2/5 == assuming 7 hours of sleep and boss runs immediately before/after sleeping: 24-(7-5) * 2 = 44 usable EE per day 44 / 13 ~= 3.4 runs per day based on EE, 10 / 3 = 3.33 runs per day based on friends.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_ View Post
    There is no "better".
    You do 5/2 or 2/5 as long as that works, since it only uses up 3 friends, then switch to 4/3 or 3/4 once that no longer works.
    4/3 / 3/4 == friend are bottlenecking it to 10 / 4 = 2.5 runs per day.
    5/2 / 2/5 == assuming 7 hours of sleep and boss runs immediately before/after sleeping: 24-(7-5) * 2 = 44 usable EE per day 44 / 13 ~= 3.4 runs per day based on EE, 10 / 3 = 3.33 runs per day based on friends.
    that theoriecrafting oO
    4/3 means mainchar + what? 5/2 is main + 1 minion + 2 friends i guess

The 4/3 or 5/2 designation is how many knights you take. Always start with 10 energy.

5/2 means:
    Main - Follower - Follower - Friend - Friend (8 energy)
    Regen energy before the 2 hour timer runs out (starting at 2 and getting to 5 means 1 1/2 hours later)
    Main - Friend or Follower depending on need (usually friend because they are stronger)
    Obviously, the follow and mains can be moved around however you see fit.

4/3 works with the same idea.
    Main - Follower - Friend - Friend (7 energy)
    Regen energy (3 remaining and going 1 1/2 hours to get 3 more)
    Main - Friend - Friend (6 energy)

It seems to be getting more common that people are using 3/4 instead of 4/3. I've been trying this way and it seems to work well.

Main - Friend - Friend (6 energy)
    Regen energy (4 remaining and going 1 1/2 hours to get 3 more)
    Follower - Main - Friend - Friend (7 energy)

From what I have read, the 3/4 or 4/3 give you the ability to do the most damage because you are using the most friends. Friends should be closer to or better than your main and better than your followers.

So the idea would be to progress as the boss progresses.
    Main until he can't go alone
    Main plus followers until that's not enough (reserving friends for when you'll need them)
    Main plus followers plus friends until that's not enough
    5/2 until that's not enough
    3/4 or 4/3 until that's not enough
    Wait for next week.

When you start adding friends, you can really play around to fine tune your energy and friend usage. Sometimes, you are better off taking your main and one friend rather than your main and two followers for example.
    Android
    IGN: Sifu
    Friend Code: WBC-FQZ-WHB

Meh... I always get stuck at lvl 13

You got to the same level boss two weeks in a row? I recommend enhancing your armours and getting experience by questing. Good luck.
    Android player

Do the minions in Kingdom of Darkness not count for spawning the Epic Boss? Normally I clear 1-2 stages of a level (usually snakeskin farming) and he'll pop up, but I've cleared Normal, Mighty, and 2/3 of Honor on Kingdom of Darkness and he still hasn't spawned @_@.
    WBC-MYC-YZM
    Level 97
    Commander in the MaJestic Alliance

Big 4+ Maxed
    Swamp Shaman + (70/70)
    Infernal Lord+ (50/70)

Quote Originally Posted by Moritsume View Post
    Do the minions in Kingdom of Darkness not count for spawning the Epic Boss? Normally I clear 1-2 stages of a level (usually snakeskin farming) and he'll pop up, but I've cleared Normal, Mighty, and 2/3 of Honor on Kingdom of Darkness and he still hasn't spawned @_@.
    No stage ending with a mini boss will spawn an epic boss. Go to relic runes
    MaJestic TwisT

Quote Originally Posted by RadLonghammer View Post
    Since the Arena offers very little in the way of rewards, and the Epic Boss offers a comparative ton, I thought I'd share some tips on getting the most out of fighting the weekly Epic Boss.
    They should definitely give out more rewards in the arena. I'd say, for every 10 wins, you get a guaranteed amount of XP depending on your level (doesn't even have to be a lot). And the gold reward is way to low. Seriously like 5 gold or whatever it is for level 100s? And also, the reward for black medalist is a legendary armor? I mean cmon, for being the strongest player in the game you'd seriously want a legendary that a lot of times isnt even good? What about an epic armor that has a different color/trim just so everyone knows ur like the baddest player around?

Lastly, instead of having titles like "Black Medalist" and "Gold Medalist" like few of us can hope to achieve, why not have more titles for number of wins or for getting a 50 win or 100 win streak OR maybe even a cape for getting a big win streak?