Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last

I have found no advantage in finishing boss with a charged attack. I have found the nemesis reducing in defense over the last couple of weeks making it. Little harder. Before this week have killed level 60 boss every time with just 8 energy but this past week, it was not enough because the nemesis had the lowest defense ever.
    IGN: Dragon
    Friend Code: XBB-MQV-GFX
    LEVEL:100+
    Guild: CENTURIONS
    PM me if you want to add me as a friend. My list is pretty full and I have to go through hundreds of requests.

Rad, you rock!

Rad,

I have been playing this game for a couple weeks and am now level 62. There are many things from this post that I have learned from and appreciate you spending the time to write it for the new players like myself.

Biggest thing that helped me was that you could only use one knight at a time... I went the last four bosses using 6 energy every battle because I thought I had to. With that knowledge I have beat the Dragon Tortoise boss 13 times on the first night!

You rock! Thanks a lot!

Z
    XBB-XHP-PQX Level 79

Quote Originally Posted by Mastagarwar View Post
    Rad,

I have been playing this game for a couple weeks and am now level 62. There are many things from this post that I have learned from and appreciate you spending the time to write it for the new players like myself.

Biggest thing that helped me was that you could only use one knight at a time... I went the last four bosses using 6 energy every battle because I thought I had to. With that knowledge I have beat the Dragon Tortoise boss 13 times on the first night!

You rock! Thanks a lot!

Z
    Thanks man! Makes the game more fun, doesn't it?
    K&D Add Code: XBB-HRB-NXN
    In Game Name: RadLonghammer
    Level 90 as of 4/28/2013

Friend Adds: I cant keep track of all requests, send me your code, and I'll add you.

For New(ish) Players... "Things I Wish I Knew When I was I Noob:"
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Leveling/page4

When I say "The Spreadsheet," this is what I mean: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...xSko4VlE#gid=0

Has anyone else seen the picture on Knighrs and Dragons facebook page of Rad' (awesome) guide? I was wondering what the armor is in the top left corner, with the hammer? never seen it before.

Rad is awesome.
    Knight's name: HHM Lvl 12x
    Guild: RainbowRoom.

Accepting 69+. PM first Please.

Rad,

For what it's worth, your insightfulness and desire to educate and help the newer players is inspiring. It's nice to see players "give back" and help others. M

Having said that, I am currently working on my own little 'guide to..' and I may need your help if you're up for it.
    In a few days when I get farther ill PM you and share what I'm working on and perhaps you'd want to contribute.

The forums are very lucky to benefit from your time.
    Sir William

Level 200+
    Member of Rainbow Ponies

I completely agree, I'm mostly a lurker but the information that you are contributing (and trying to contribute? Ie: exp it takes per level) is really helpful. Keep up the good work Rad!

Nicely written, very informative too...if only i stayed on top of the weekly bosses as much as i should ._.
    Level 100+ Guild "GodSpeed" Join if you meet requirements, can contribute to the strongest guild :] :] :]

I just noticed that your friends armor and attack cap is determined not only by your current lvl but also by your current armor/atk stats.

For example, when i used my chimera corps lvl14, my friends armor/atk cap was around 660 but then if i switched to AA+ lvl 44, it would jump to around 900.
    the numbers aren't exact but a rough estimation.

sometimes, especially as a low lvl, it could be wiser to use a disadvantageous armor in order to improve your friends cap, i myself found it to be always true :-) (at least for the time being)

thought i'd share this, feel free to use, it helped me a lot in the current boss =)

Thank you!

Hi Rad,

I wanted to thank you for this and for your other guides. I read them when I was still lurking and there is some great info in there! Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

I'm still little, but I can't wait to be able to beat the boss to 60! It will be fun!

One other thing to consider...

If all the knights are equal, 5 knights followed by 2 knights will do 1250% of the damage of a single knight (5 * 200%, plus 2 * 125%). 4 knights followed by 3 knights will do only 1150% (4 * 175% plus 3 * 150%). But all the knights aren't equal -- your second and third knights are much wimpier than your leader and probably have worse armor, while your friends are probably as good as your leader or better. So when you're trying to squeak out that last kill, you may be better off doing

leader + wimp + friend + friend, wait 1.5 hours, leader + friend + friend

instead of

leader + wimp + wimp + friend + friend, wait 1.5 hours, leader + friend

Quote Originally Posted by BethMo View Post
    One other thing to consider...

If all the knights are equal, 5 knights followed by 2 knights will do 1250% of the damage of a single knight (5 * 200%, plus 2 * 125%). 4 knights followed by 3 knights will do only 1150% (4 * 175% plus 3 * 150%). But all the knights aren't equal -- your second and third knights are much wimpier than your leader and probably have worse armor, while your friends are probably as good as your leader or better. So when you're trying to squeak out that last kill, you may be better off doing

leader + wimp + friend + friend, wait 1.5 hours, leader + friend + friend

instead of

leader + wimp + wimp + friend + friend, wait 1.5 hours, leader + friend
    But if you're assuming they're doing the same damage, then with 7 people the first time and 2 people the second time, you'll have 1250 damage. If you have 6 people followed by 3, you'll only have 1150 damage. That's if they all do the same damage that is. Though your method is viable only when you're at your last few kills cause you'll be using a lot of friends for one kill.
    Knights and Dragons iOS.
    Guild: Rainbow Room
    Main knight's named Aiden.

My friend's list is currently full, i won't be able to accept new players at the moment.

Cheers, my fellow knights!

very informative. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by deathexe View Post
    But if you're assuming they're doing the same damage, then with 7 people the first time and 2 people the second time, you'll have 1250 damage. If you have 6 people followed by 3, you'll only have 1150 damage. That's if they all do the same damage that is. Though your method is viable only when you're at your last few kills cause you'll be using a lot of friends for one kill.
    Right -- if they all did the same damage. But my second and third knights don't do nearly as much damage as my main knight and my friends. This is probably true for most people.

I've only done this for the level 60 boss, which is significantly tougher than level 59. By throwing four friends at it in this fashion I managed to kill it without using crystals. This is the first week I've achieved that and I'm feeling very happy.

Collecting gems!

Hey guys,
    I have a question on collecting gems.. How do you guys do that?
    The only free gems are from the videos which is rarely one a day...
    Help pleasE?