How to detect a cheater in your group! - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to detect a cheater in your group!

Consistent Contributor Fatherllama's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post
    The amount of self-congratulations in this is just epic.

NGF - we can't spot cheaters by their inventory, so if we can beat someone they must be cheating!
    Can you please direct me to the thread that you're reading that suggests what you're saying?
    MW 485-323-301
    CC 471-967-706

Post Count

NGF - we can't spot cheaters by their inventory, so if we can beat someone they must be cheating!
    Let me interpret this for you as apparently it's not that easy for everyone... NGF IS NOT A STRONG TEAM, therefore if we beat a player with very high stats it means he/she is cheating and gree has already spotted it. You are welcome

Consistent Contributor Tony 432847666's Avatar
    Post Count
    Good call simply.

Banned
    Post Count

Your lack of reading comprehension in this thread is disturbing.

Post Count
    Is there any reason why players already spotted by gree for cheating are being left in the game/nerfed instead of just removed

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lame View Post
    Is there any reason why players already spotted by gree for cheating are being left in the game/nerfed instead of just removed
    Well, it punishes them by having dead weight, at least. If they had removed the cheaters as soon as they were discovered, a syndicate could have replaced them with a different account that hasn't been discovered cheating yet. The first match of the war, we matched with a syndicate using a blatantly obvious (500+ of every high level RP item, etc) hacker as their defense leader. But he was nerfed, so everyone was able to post big stats by killing him repeatedly. I bet they were confused how their player with monster stats ended 0-500+ after the very first battle, haha.

Post Count
    Ask them "Are you a cheater?"
    If then say 'No' then they're OK

(Sorry just trying to get my postings up. Got threads to start)

Banned
    Post Count
    Hunting and bashing these cheaters has become just as fun, or more, than the event itself. To be honest, it encouraged me to spend more gold, to find and get in more hits on the cheaters when they were discovered. I know the same to be true for a few others in our syndicate also.

So, well played GREE, if this is intentional. I was telling my syndicate how I was done buying gold after this event due to the rampant cheating and hacking. If this proves to continue, and they complete the backlog of reports, it does change things for me.

Banned
    Post Count

Your witty remarks make me laugh. So logically lets look at this, how much of someone's inventory can you see when in a syndicate battle? Top 45 defence items?
    Well actually I'm done explaining this to you, clearly your midset of a child has stopped you from being respectful.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CohibAA View Post
    Hunting and bashing these cheaters has become just as fun, or more, than the event itself. To be honest, it encouraged me to spend more gold, to find and get in more hits on the cheaters when they were discovered. I know the same to be true for a few others in our syndicate also.

So, well played GREE, if this is intentional. I was telling my syndicate how I was done buying gold after this event due to the rampant cheating and hacking. If this proves to continue, and they complete the backlog of reports, it does change things for me.
    I think Gree spent significant amounts of time trying to figure out what to do. Hackers are like weeds or rats. They multiple fast. So why not nerf them instead? They kill out the Respect hackers but now need to hit the scratcher and cash hackers. If only the next update they can put a L or C or some symbol on their hoods so we can attack them outside of Syn wars as well.

I would think that this also puts the syns, many in top 100, on warning that they will get punished if they continue to host hackers. It's obvious with DLs but hit and miss to find them in all 60 team hacker syns.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Justsimply View Post
    Your witty remarks make me laugh. So logically lets look at this, how much of someone's inventory can you see when in a syndicate battle? Top 45 defence items?
    Well actually I'm done explaining this to you, clearly your midset of a child has stopped you from being respectful.
    As a 13 year old, I appreciate your kind words. I wish my father, grandfather, uncles and brothers were as wise as you, Justsimply.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Banned
    Post Count
    As a 13 year old, I appreciate your kind words. I wish my father, grandfather, uncles and brothers were as wise as you, Justsimply.
    Just call me Papa Simply

Banned
    Post Count

Bro no offense but you're just straight up ignorant. Here's a couple tips for you when spending your time one these forums:

1. Get over this annoying troll attitude your appear to have in your posts or you'll end up like Reaper (that's bad FYI)
    2. Grow up because your only embarrassing yourself and making HTC look bad
    3. Read your dam posts and stop skimming them then maybe you'll be able to understand the context of what someone's trying to say so you don't go and make yourself look ignorant.

Consistent Contributor reesebutton's Avatar
    Post Count

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Weston View Post
    or how about the guy has a hood full of level 10 def buildings so has a posted def of say 120k but a real def of only 60-70k(seen it myself). are they cheaters or simply victims of gree's flawed game mechanics?

discuss.
    Could be either. Then it's up to the syndicate to check out his hood to make a realistic assessment.

The tipoff from NGF is a good start.

If he's low on defence buildings, yet has 100k def and is hammered silly by NGF (who by their own admission don't seem to have the necessary stats to beat that)... well it does look fishy.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by reesebutton View Post
    The tipoff from NGF is a good start.
    The tip from that player complaining that they can't log into their account will probably come quicker, no?
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1