Everyone here knows what is right and what is wrong, so...

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Everyone here knows what is right and what is wrong, so...

Banned
    Post Count

Everyone here knows what is right and what is wrong, so...

Android... All maps are open at lvl65. Error or new game-play mechanics?
    Android... All multi-click loot drops 100% of the time. Error or new game-play mechanics?
    Android... If you have a brownstone building and do the "build a brownstone" goal then you can build two buildings at once. How can you call that an error when it has been the Rule for over 6 months?

/s Android version... Mistake from the beginning? /sarcasm

If you think any of the above should not be used because they are errors that people are "exploiting" then how can you justify having a NC at level 55 when it is so obvious that it is just a mistake that GREE hasn't gotten around to fixing yet? It is the top building in the game. It obviously shouldn't be available before level 190! Everyone who builds one knows they are cheating! Stop exploiting "errors" that GREE hasn't fixed yet!

Did you iOS players consider yourselves to be glitching when you played the Boss event a couple months before I could? No. I have to assume that iOS will get all the maps opened at level 65 within the next couple months and that GREE just updated Android first.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    iOS has the maps open and has done for a week or two

Post Count
    That was a really long post considering your position could be summarized as "it's not unethical to take advantage of a glitch the game gives you." You had like 15 rhetorical questions too many in that post.

I think most of these should be answered on a case-by-case basis. EVERYONE (not just Android users) have the maps available. I don't think you're unfairly taking advantage of a glitch if everyone has access to it, and it doesn't seem like a mistake on GREE's part (perhaps preparing for LTQs, etc).

The issue I brought up, was a guy who was singularly mistaken for being a level 200, when he was actually in the 80s. How many hoods have you been to at level 80 that have hotels, condos, etc? Those buildings aren't cheap, either. He recognized he was level 200 when he should have been, and he used it to give himself a competitive advantage. That's not "playing smart" or anything like that, that's just unethical.

I don't really want to both with the argument, but I think your whole rant against NCs is misguided. They unlock at 300 mafia or something like that. It's a singular building that everyone has access to purchasing, and considering how long it takes to earn and upgrade the building, it has a lifespan that will last for many levels. Making it only available at level 190 or something, when most people already have significant IPHs, is misguided at best. It's part of the game: if you want a better hood, you're working to build and uopgrade your NCs. Other people can rob them, which can provide them with bursts of income as well. It's how the game is.

Consistent Contributor psxnitro's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by gambet1234 View Post
    Android... All maps are open at lvl65. Error or new game-play mechanics?
    Android... All multi-click loot drops 100% of the time. Error or new game-play mechanics?
    Android... If you have a brownstone building and do the "build a brownstone" goal then you can build two buildings at once. How can you call that an error when it has been the Rule for over 6 months?

/s Android version... Mistake from the beginning? /sarcasm

If you think any of the above should not be used because they are errors that people are "exploiting" then how can you justify having a NC at level 55 when it is so obvious that it is just a mistake that GREE hasn't gotten around to fixing yet? It is the top building in the game. It obviously shouldn't be available before level 190! Everyone who builds one knows they are cheating! Stop exploiting "errors" that GREE hasn't fixed yet!

Did you iOS players consider yourselves to be glitching when you played the Boss event a couple months before I could? No. I have to assume that iOS will get all the maps opened at level 65 within the next couple months and that GREE just updated Android first.

ROFL

Didn't know mafia unlocked NC is supposed to be a glitch, now I feel bad for exploiting the game and building them when I was under level 25.

*dies laughing*
    CC 761 639 639 Camper
    MW 963 806 461 Camper

Banned
    Former 2nd in command of the now defunct cheater syndicate EA
    Post Count

OH, The Irony...

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoney View Post
    That was a really long post considering your position could be summarized as "it's not unethical to take advantage of a glitch the game gives you." You had like 15 rhetorical questions too many in that post.

I think most of these should be answered on a case-by-case basis. EVERYONE (not just Android users) have the maps available. I don't think you're unfairly taking advantage of a glitch if everyone has access to it, and it doesn't seem like a mistake on GREE's part (perhaps preparing for LTQs, etc).

The issue I brought up, was a guy who was singularly mistaken for being a level 200, when he was actually in the 80s. How many hoods have you been to at level 80 that have hotels, condos, etc? Those buildings aren't cheap, either. He recognized he was level 200 when he should have been, and he used it to give himself a competitive advantage. That's not "playing smart" or anything like that, that's just unethical.

I don't really want to both with the argument, but I think your whole rant against NCs is misguided. They unlock at 300 mafia or something like that. It's a singular building that everyone has access to purchasing, and considering how long it takes to earn and upgrade the building, it has a lifespan that will last for many levels. Making it only available at level 190 or something, when most people already have significant IPHs, is misguided at best. It's part of the game: if you want a better hood, you're working to build and uopgrade your NCs. Other people can rob them, which can provide them with bursts of income as well. It's how the game is.

Banned
    Post Count
    I'm disappointed with the lack of reaction. I usually get a decent laugh out of it the next morning when I post drunk.

Edit: my rant against NC's is a joke intended to point out how calling any current game mechanics "glitching" or "cheating" is incorrect (IMHDO).
    Last edited by gambet1234; 05-03-2013 at 01:06 PM.