Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GREE, why no new buildings???

Post Count

GREE, why no new buildings???

Why are there no buildings that:
    - pay out respect
    - are limited but with money
    - that can be bought with respect

Plz write your ideas about what buildings should be added to the building list.

Post Count
    whooopieee .. buildings that can be bought with respect points. good idea

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TZora View Post
    whooopieee .. buildings that can be bought with respect points. good idea
    Thank you, dont you have any ideas of new types of buildings. I think you have because you are a member of THE FIGHT CLUB.

Post Count
    The reason is because Funzio didn't teach Gree how to add new buildings into crime city .

Idea for money building

1)Indian Restaurant 12 hour building paying same as Dominican

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala82 View Post
    The reason is because Funzio didn't teach Gree how to add new buildings into crime city .

Idea for money building

Is a good idea but gree is just a bunch of stupid people who dont know how to edit their own game.

Articulate Author [FwD] J1M H3N50N's Avatar
    Post Count
    I would love to see something like this implemented into the game.

Maybe after though we will start seeing whole hoods full of them with all the hacks out there.
    Last edited by [FwD] J1M H3N50N; 04-28-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TMI View Post
    Number 1 is Jim Henson!!

Post Count
    we need more expansions and buildings that help us in wars that either protect or regenerate health and help us gain IP, upgrading them would increase their effectiveness and they won't generate any money at all
    abandoned

Post Count
    What would you want first expansion than new buildings?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala82 View Post
    Idea for money building

So not surprised that this is your suggestion...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Weston View Post
    we need more expansions and buildings that help us in wars that either protect or regenerate health and help us gain IP, upgrading them would increase their effectiveness and they won't generate any money at all
    You mean boost buildings such as in modern war, but then increase gun attack, melee attack, explosive attack and car attack??

Lurker
    Post Count
    A previous statement by the forum admin stated that the way Crime City was originally coded it was much harder to add new buildings then it was in their other games. This makes me think that in other games, the numbers of buildings or list of buildings you can buy is dynamically added, or at least set so you just have to switch a constant, while in crime city they set an array of buildings that is set and cannot be expanded.

If you look at the different areas there are a lot of different building maps in game, so it isn't the issue of building pictures, they could just use the ones already present. So it has to be something with how your character interacts with your hood or the limited ability to add another building to purchase-able buildings. That is why I think the cities to purchase were probably originally coded with a statically allocated array that they would need to either change everywhere that array is used (and if they didn't use a constant and their code was messy, that could be difficult), or change the data type of the persons hood from statically allocated to dynamically allocated where it would be easy to add more items.

In other words: I bet that part of your hood data is an array that contains every building you COULD have. That array is set, and if you have that building, a counter for that building goes up. But this also means that the array is set in stone, and to change it you have to go to EVERYWHERE in code that array might show up and change it to a new value.

I bet that that same part of the hood data in MW is a linked list or something similar, where it can grow and expand at will. That way, you don't need to fiddle with a fixed array, and you can throw extra buildings on anywhere you want.

Those are just opinions from a person who programs as a hobby.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheBoo View Post
    You mean boost buildings such as in modern war, but then increase gun attack, melee attack, explosive attack and car attack??
    No idea, I don't play other gree games. This one takes up enough time!
    abandoned

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mundane View Post
    A previous statement by the forum admin stated that the way Crime City was originally coded it was much harder to add new buildings then it was in their other games. This makes me think that in other games, the numbers of buildings or list of buildings you can buy is dynamically added, or at least set so you just have to switch a constant, while in crime city they set an array of buildings that is set and cannot be expanded.

If you look at the different areas there are a lot of different building maps in game, so it isn't the issue of building pictures, they could just use the ones already present. So it has to be something with how your character interacts with your hood or the limited ability to add another building to purchase-able buildings. That is why I think the cities to purchase were probably originally coded with a statically allocated array that they would need to either change everywhere that array is used (and if they didn't use a constant and their code was messy, that could be difficult), or change the data type of the persons hood from statically allocated to dynamically allocated where it would be easy to add more items.

In other words: I bet that part of your hood data is an array that contains every building you COULD have. That array is set, and if you have that building, a counter for that building goes up. But this also means that the array is set in stone, and to change it you have to go to EVERYWHERE in code that array might show up and change it to a new value.

I bet that that same part of the hood data in MW is a linked list or something similar, where it can grow and expand at will. That way, you don't need to fiddle with a fixed array, and you can throw extra buildings on anywhere you want.

Those are just opinions from a person who programs as a hobby.
    But we have had extra holiday buildings like the Haunted Mansion, Gobble Gobble Buffet and the Snowman building.
    Should not be any difference adding them compared to adding completely new buildings if it's like you suggest.

They have to change the code in many places and one could imagine that if doing that in the meantime they do stuff more dynamic.
    CC Acount: 421 615 007
    MW Account: 494 398 266

Banned
    Post Count
    Probably becuase CC already has 3 times the amount of building of the other games

Lurker
    Post Count
    But we have had extra holiday buildings like the Haunted Mansion, Gobble Gobble Buffet and the Snowman building.
    Should not be any difference adding them compared to adding completely new buildings if it's like you suggest.
    I would almost bet that they only had a limited amount of room left for buildings when those came out, and those took the limited space they had. Especially because they had the three back to back to back. It really makes me wonder exactly how the building information is set up and saved.