Is it me or is this game dying?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it me or is this game dying?

Post Count

Is it me or is this game dying?

I downloaded this near enough when it first came out and in that time I have seen a lot of changes and lot of great forum members and players come and go. Funzio/Greed have always been controversial but it seems things have got worse lately. Even more than before, it seems all about milking you dry of money and a life (what with the constant events). How can your regular players kept up when you items with 10,000 plus stats?
    I don't know guys but it seems like a totally different game now. I would appreciate your views, specially the old timers that have been here a while lol.
    CC 306 212 556 Level 200

KA 990 808 167 Level 98

Post Count
    It's just the forum and the new policy of prohibiting fun in any form. The game is the same it's always been.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Thx for the reply dipstik, long time no see. Didn't know they had new policies on the forum as I haven't been on for a while.
    CC 306 212 556 Level 200

KA 990 808 167 Level 98

Post Count
    greed is the cause of downfall, need examples?

Post Count
    I may not be an "old timer," but I've been playing about a year now. I agree it does seem like certain aspects f the game have gotten a bit out if control, what with constant events and an increasing push to buy gold, but being that I'm only level 47 I don't feel too much of the pressure. It's voluntary to participate in the events, and all the players who buy gold don't really bother me as it's because of them that I'm able to play the game for free. I suppose at higher levels it may be discouraging being pitted against tons of players with incredible stats from gold items, but I just enjoy playing the game, having fun with my syndicate buddies and doing the best I can as a semi-free player Just because I have no hope of ever being the strongest player doesn't take away from the enjoyment I get from the other aspects of the game.

Post Count
    The game is dying from what i can see because there's been no development to this game. Yes there given us new respect weapons but this was after the introduction of Syndicate and it should been done before. I didn't notice this until i started playing modern war and i saw how much development that game has got since i played. They get new money building every months and get better units in crates and free gold every month for just playing the game.

If there put same amount of development into this game as they do with that this game would be better.

Dippy is correct it's still the same game with weekly events this is what you wanted when last year there do event every 2 weeks and now that it done weekly you are fed up .

I am hoping when they introduce Limited time quest event it should make this game more interesting but until than continue upgrading your money buildings.

Post Count
    been playing 18 months and at times I wonder what i'm doing as its a chore, the whole syndicate thing seemed good at first but now i'm not convinced as it sucks all your cash and in order to do anything worthwhile you need to thump loads of gold into it as with every other aspect of this game.

the game is now nothing but a rich mans play ground, the higher you get level wise the worse it gets.
    abandoned

Articulate Author panty sniffer's Avatar
    Post Count
    I know I'm outvoted here but I disagree that there are too many events too close together. Part of being more powerful than others in ANY game depends on the amount of time you put into it. Daily players will naturally be more powerful than weekly players no matter what, merely due to time spent on it. The frequency of events has no bearing on how powerful you are as it evens out for everybody. ie. gold players and more frequent players will always be proportionately stronger with or without frequent events.

Events make the game more exciting and playable the more frequent they are. If events were only once every couple weeks or so, I'd get bored and cease to be a daily player.

Regarding the OP, I'm a noob and can't give an opinion.
    Last edited by panty sniffer; 04-28-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Been playing since December. I thoroughly enjoy the game. I buy gold on my main account, and go free on my second account. Game has only gotten better for me since I started playing.

Post Count
    this game is starting to demand far too much time, as a married man with a full time job and doing private work for extra income there simply isn't enough time in the day for all these events that simply cannot be completed without spending out real money on gold.

it would be nice if there was actually some kind of skill element in the game rather than luck, persistence and amount of disposable income.
    abandoned

Banned
    Post Count
    I agree about the time investment. Although this is the genre.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Weston View Post
    been playing 18 months and at times I wonder what i'm doing as its a chore, the whole syndicate thing seemed good at first but now i'm not convinced as it sucks all your cash and in order to do anything worthwhile you need to thump loads of gold into it as with every other aspect of this game.

the game is now nothing but a rich mans play ground, the higher you get level wise the worse it gets.
    they should've allowed using "stamina" first and then gold in the syndicate wars. i mean, how many attacks can u make with ur stamina to stay up ahead in the battle? u could consume ur stamina just in a few minutes and gree wud still earn money cuz the battle lasts 1 freagin hour. but still, for free players, there would've been some joy.

Post Count
    that's a good shout, more like the PvP battles
    abandoned

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala82 View Post
    The game is dying from what i can see because there's been no development to this game. Yes there given us new respect weapons but this was after the introduction of Syndicate and it should been done before. I didn't notice this until i started playing modern war and i saw how much development that game has got since i played. They get new money building every months and get better units in crates and free gold every month for just playing the game.

If there put same amount of development into this game as they do with that this game would be better.
    I fail to see how keying in higher numbers for the stats of crate items and dishing out some free gold is a significant amount of development compared to CC..

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala82 View Post

Dippy is correct it's still the same game with weekly events this is what you wanted when last year there do event every 2 weeks and now that it done weekly you are fed up .

I am hoping when they introduce Limited time quest event it should make this game more interesting but until than continue upgrading your money buildings.
    It's funny, from an android perspective, things seem to be exactly opposite of what you've said here. My Modern War still lags like hell when looting buildings, as well as most of the time in game regardless of action. Crime City has started running much better since the last couple patches, which shows the devs are actually optimizing things.

New RP items and cash items give new goals for people who were already maxed out on their stats from the previous tier items.

Syndicates being added have also brought a new aspect to the game, though they are money pits as others have stated..

Either way, I still don't see how better items from crates, free gold, and a new money building periodically equates to having more development for one game over the other..