Suggestion on a simple remedy for hacked guild accounts.

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Vote if you agree with in game solution presented in this post.

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 71.11%
  • No

13 28.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion on a simple remedy for hacked guild accounts.

Post Count

Suggestion on a simple remedy for hacked guild accounts.

Ok so a lot of heated discussions, warranted complaints and some unwarranted flaming on the subject of guilds with members with hacked accounts.

1) Some guilds knowingly have hacked users in their guilds.
    2) Some guilds discover they have a hacker in their guild and remove the player and report the person and the situation to Gree.
    3) Some guilds deliberately send someone into a guild un-hacked and then hack the account once in to donate a large amount of gold and then report the guild a very dirty tactic.

I don't believe in lynch mobs and people should know if a guild fits into category 1 or 2 before spreading rumors or openly flaming a guild. Which is prob 1 of the reasons that Gree asks people to send in a ticket rather than discussing the situation here in the forums.

On the other hand some people have followed the protocol Gree asks people to follow but see no action on reported guild. So have posted here as a result.

If people are informed of what happens when a guild gets reported for POSSIBLE hacking it would probably give an explanation of the process and what is considered in the process and such. This would probably give understanding and satisfy a lot of people of course it would not satisfy everyone.

If Gree would create a post:
    1) Guilds that have been reported and have been banned cause they were found to be cheating.
    2) Guild did have a hacker but reported it player was removed and the guild has been cleared.
    3) Guild has been wrongfully accused and has been cleared.

Or

Gree could respond to the hacker tickets with th results of the findings and what was done as mentioned above.

To Gree people are going to resort to posting here if they see no results of their report of hackers it is only natural. Informing people of what happens and what is taken into consideration and how the situation is handled as well as either creating a post or replying to tickets with what was done will satiate most people and you wouldn't have the current problem on discussions on gem bans, the need to silence people by banning them from funzio forums and people openly saying goodby to the game in protest. Silencing people that have complaints I am not sure is a good idea but it is your forums just a suggestion not to do it as it could create a slippery slope between Gree and its customers.

To players you should not be so quick to judge a person or a guild of hacking if you do not know for sure if they are hacking or not. It is not fun to be wrongfully accused of something.

I am merely trying to mediate what I have seen from both sides regarding hacked accounts and guilds that have hacked accounts. So I am addressing both sides of the issue in hopes that we can come to a peaceful resolution.

What I posted above also implies to Hacked accounts as well as Guilds that have had hacked players.

As far as a fair in game solution to guilds that have had hacked accounts in them if I may suggest.
    1) Tally the donation amount that the hacker or hackers, via the donation logs, that were in the guild donated for upgrades.
    2) Subtract the amount of donations the hackers made from the total amount spent on guild upgrades.
    3) Reset the upgrades with just the founder and the first 20 people in the guild roster.
    4) The guild can then re-invite the remaining members as they purchase guild bonuses with what is left in guild bank minus the amount the hacker/hackers donated into the guild.

This would satisfy everyone and be fair.

A guild should not be dismantled because they had 1 member that hacked and donated with hacked gold if they did everything to report it.

Any unfair advantages gained through hacked gold should be removed from the guild to be fair also.

Hope my suggestion leads to a fair system that satisfies Gree and the people who play the game.

Then Gree can go back to making the game better.

Players can go back to having fun playing the game Gree provides.

I hope Gree takes this as a good faith post and doesn't remove it or ban me as i understand this may break some normal protocols but i will take the chance to help both side of the coin both Gree and the Players.

This post is not intended to create a riot, protest or anything of the sort but do the exact opposite find a good solution that helps both sides.

Thank You
    Tempus

Numbers speak louder than words at times so if you like the cause. Vote
    To help keep the post alive reply to the thread with your thoughts or I agree
    Last edited by TempusDA; 04-26-2013 at 01:37 PM.

Post Count
    Sorry, but you left off the option "you are a fool if you think Gree is gonna do something about it."
    adding allies: 732-633-110

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Sorry, but you left off the option "you are a fool if you think Gree is gonna do something about it."
    That's exactly the type of attitude that keeps not only the game but the world from progressing.

Would that be along the lines of:
    1) They will never add more honor units. (done)
    2) They will never add more gold units. (done)
    3) They will never increase the vault size. (done)
    4) They will never add donation logs. (done)

So festivus what exactly do you do other than insult people that actually try to make a difference in the game. Your attitude is exactly the reason things take so long to change in the world. You probably complain about how things never change and do nothing about it, you obviously try to demoralize the people that actually take action to instill change.

Try spending some energy accomplishing something in life or creating something, you may just wake up one day and find your self in a better world.

To me a fool is:
    Someone that buys into the idea that things will never change.
    Someone that is in a system that one does not like and does nothing about it.
    Someone who demoralizes or insults the people that actually try to fix something that one does not like.

What have you done in the forums lately?

Thank you for bumping the thread tho.

Tempus
    Last edited by TempusDA; 04-28-2013 at 04:27 PM.

We'll be posting a policy about this kind of situation in a few days, actually.

Banned
    Post Count
    You guys should have been onto this long ago...
    The honour hackers are all coming out of the woodwork now... Even gem players are turning to hacking honour...
    BAN them or we walk...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    We'll be posting a policy about this kind of situation in a few days, actually.
    That would be great I think a response to the people from Gree will definitely help out.
    Last edited by TempusDA; 04-28-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Cool Great Solution-crossroad for the game

Thank you Tempus for taking the time to provide a solution that seems very achievable .. I totally support the suggestion provided so eloquently . I think that we have reached a crossroad for this game. For everyone to continue enjoying this game and play fairly, we ned to receive a good support from Gree that something will finally will get done. I have been submitting multiple tickets to Gree regarding potential hackers that I suspected .. I support their confidential investigation of the case as you don't want "whistleblowers" to abuse the system. However, once investigation is complete and a player/ is found guilty well least we should be notified with the results. And once results are posted, that would certainly discourage other players from playing unfairly when they know the consequences.. Gree has to act as an effective police for this game to strive and move forward. Otherwise the crossroad may take all of us to another game .. No player want to continue playing a game he or she is not enjoying for whatever reasons.. I am glad CJ replied to your constructive feedback.. And I would like to encourage everyone to continue providing solutions to Gree.. gree will only get better at fine tuning this game if they continue to get constructive feedback and solutions.. We are the consumers and we would be telling the company best what is wrong with their product. It is up to the company to decide what they want to do with the comments depending on how long they count on keeping the product in the market ..

Post Count
    In our Guild had a doubtful player. He was not buyer of gems and have gone up 500 K At/Def levels, with the purchase of the new units, with honor points. As he explained to download version 1.7 of KA, met with 9 million honor points. We had to throw him out of the Guild. Our Guild is clean from hackers or cheats, although according to him.
    It has not been guilty of anything, because it appeared to him without looking for it.
    Sorry for him

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestatciez View Post
    In our Guild had a doubtful player. He was not buyer of gems and have gone up 500 K At/Def levels, with the purchase of the new units, with honor points. As he explained to download version 1.7 of KA, met with 9 million honor points. We had to throw him out of the Guild. Our Guild is clean from hackers or cheats, although according to him.
    It has not been guilty of anything, because it appeared to him without looking for it.
    Sorry for him
    I can see this being a big problem for honest players. There have been many small glitches that could be interpreted as hacking. For example, i started a new character who for about an hour did not use energy points. At level 7 or 8, that didnt translate to much but would have been big for my level 152 character!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Cool More hackers reporting suggestions

Once a hacker is investigated and truly identified by Gree, maybe the account should be still be accessible from our battle list and when one would click to fight, raid, or whatever check the stat, one would get a pop out that this player has been found guilty of hacking and account terminated.. With a skull sign or something ...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by OM-Kingdom Age View Post
    Once a hacker is investigated and truly identified by Gree, maybe the account should be still be accessible from our battle list and when one would click to fight, raid, or whatever check the stat, one would get a pop out that this player has been found guilty of hacking and account terminated.. With a skull sign or something ...
    That's a cool one if they cant remove the account for what ever reason but account removal is best if not able that would be a nice fall back.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Cool I am posting suggesting this on Behalf of one my Guild mate

I think if Gree could do this, run a query on people with heroic units and cross reference that to gems usage, they would have to ban half of the population in Kingdom Age. So I doubt if they would ever fix any cheating going on in this game unless it was so blatant that they would have to do it...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Proprioc3ption View Post
    You guys should have been onto this long ago...
    The honour hackers are all coming out of the woodwork now... Even gem players are turning to hacking honour...
    BAN them or we walk...
    I've gone free and am trying to use my remaining gems for maximum long term free play benefit from here on out. I doubt anything will be done, hackers drive the profit margin in GREE's favor. Especially after the whole "report them via email and we'll take care of it" garbage we've been fed for so long.

Then, add to it, on the guild recruitment thread, there's a guy recruiting for a guild where he admits his guild received all bonuses through cheating, and GREE sent him an email allowing him to be leader of that guild while keeping all bonuses.

Yep, actively looking for a new game to play. Anyone have a good suggestion?

KA ally code - 583-237-638

MW ally code - 861-947-758
    PvP 1 - #80, PvP 2 - #45, BfB - #33, PvP 3 - #25, BfG - #23, RfE - #27
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Leader *Retired*

Consistent Contributor Klassenr@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Post Count
    @kjctnorris. Same here. This Forum along with the Game has become a joke. As suggested to me from a guildmate, i am waiting on 'RePopulation' to release. Its PC platform.

KA - Pauxly & Gimin

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Klassenr@hotmail.com View Post
    @kjctnorris. Same here. This Forum along with the Game has become a joke. As suggested to me from a guildmate, i am waiting on 'RePopulation' to release. Its PC platform.
    interesting. Our guild leader mentioned Repopulation as well. Maybe I'll see you there.

KA ally code - 583-237-638

MW ally code - 861-947-758
    PvP 1 - #80, PvP 2 - #45, BfB - #33, PvP 3 - #25, BfG - #23, RfE - #27
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Leader *Retired*