Droid updated, ios still no update - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Droid updated, ios still no update

Post Count
    Cmon Apple... get off your butts!!!

Post Count
    If it makes IOS folks feel better, my Droid still hasn't downloaded the new dataset for the construction crate event. I'm stuck with an eternally spinning 'updating...' Text in the about section of my game menu.

Xanius
    Level 71
    HTC - Red

Quote Originally Posted by PawnXIIX View Post
    I don't know what planet Apple lives on, but their decisions are just ridiculous. At this point they may have very well submitted the update before Android but the review period is taking forever
    The thing is, there are going to be times that Android has something a little ahead of iOS, and there are times when iOS is going to be ahead of Android. Some of the time that is going to be due to submission times, but some of the time it's also going to be down to the differences in platform.

What I mean is, you may have the same base mechanic or change or whatever, but getting it operating such that it passes Apple's review process may take longer by a ridiculous margin than just implementing it on Android. And sometimes we're ready to go on the iOS side, but meanwhile over on Android the new thing is working fine on the Galaxy but totally broken on the Nexus and NO ONE ON THIS OR ANY OTHER PLANET KNOWS WHY. Developing for mobile is pretty much unlike developing for anything else in terms of hitting unexpected snags.

We try to keep them as much in lockstep as possible these days (particularly for gameplay-affecting stuff), but if the alternative is to have one team sit around and twiddle their thumbs while waiting on the other...that's not a very good use of resources and it would just mean that all our players have to wait longer for everything. So sometimes we'll push the UI updates and such for the one that we have it ready for.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    So has the iOS updated been given to apple to review or are you guys still working on it?