@CJ54 - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: @CJ54

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr T Perfect View Post
    At least we have someone from gree that will chat to players via this forum - they dont have to you know and lets give CJ the chance to respond before the gree bashing begins.
    Very true!

Consistent Contributor Jean marc's Avatar
    Post Count
    The Green Guru, i agree and support you.
    jean marc

Lawful good does not always mean lawful nice.

Banned
    Post Count
    Well I guess I now I have to be in fear of being banned for saying this (but it needs to be said):
    The fastest way to ruin an online community it to ban the players that really help... Also to ban the highest paying player in the game, is the worst business decision I have ever heard of (and what message does it send to you lower paying customers?). If the company really wants to make all players feel meaningless as a consumer, this was the very best way to do it! I am in complete shock right now....

Post Count
    Our concerns didn’t manifest overnight, GREE has had ample time to respond. My patience and that of most here has all but expired. Many forum members have stuck around and taken the time to address flaws in the game. How many non-forum members have simply gotten fed up and just quit? GREE has completely lost their business and soon will lose many of ours as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    Gree games have a 2 year life span. First 6 months gets you hooked then they start the squeeze. After 12 months they start flushing it down the toilet. It's much easier to drive all your players out then try and compensate those who have spent heaps when you decide to turn the server off. They just released another new version of the same basic concept.

Best advice is play the game for what it is. An iPhone ap designed to suck your money from you. How do you win? Stop spending.

Consistent Contributor travelingsalesman's Avatar
    Post Count
    LOL this seems to be going well...

Forum Dragon Knights - Immortals ( FDI )

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Hey CJ i got a ticket aged about 30 days still open...is that good support? Gree switched the bonus progam and claims it can't program to account for sales for full value....as a programmer im suppossed to believe that...really? I've had multiple queries into hackers and i know their hackers because the idiots have 5000 armor and weapons and they are all battle axes and baneret plate with low iph. I'v posted people with low iph who continually load gold, now there are people using the honor hack. If i can spot one it means you can to would it really be so difficult.

When some obtains gold at some point it syncronizes the data with the main servers (like when you go to ally kingdom, hit refresh, go to LTQ, protect gold) would it be sooooo hard to take setup a query that proactively monitors people who have drastic changes to their honor or gold between syncs? Its one thing to see our devalued by rapid inflation of units its another thing to allow guilds unmonitored access. I get there will be always be hackers but there is no transparency here that Gree acknowledges its a problem. YOu said it yourself 90% bs which means 10% is. How is that acceptable rate? You make good money off guild wars to not have it properly enforced in a transparent manner is insulting to everyone. How hard is it to automatically look at guilds with a lot of bonuses unlocked? even though it takes billions of gold to do there are guilds with 60 members and they are not named FUN, RK, BGK nothing has been done from dragons roost to now. Why don't you take some time not through out a million events that are full of bugs and work together with the people here to make the game better. Gree will get more cash in the long run.

Last edited by bgood; 04-24-2013 at 01:19 PM.
    IGN: Bryan
    Member Of:

Post Count
    If GREE would just employ more people with the extra money they earn last months all these problems would've been solved by now...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    From the forum or the game?

Consistent Contributor travelingsalesman's Avatar
    Post Count
    from the forum not the game

Forum Dragon Knights - Immortals ( FDI )

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    How long is a "moment" in Gree land?
    Carpe Jugulum

"nothing personal. don't know who you are." - v

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Ladies and gents

a policy is a policy - it is there to be followed - there are actions that can be taken to sort out any issues - just have to wait for a response. Everything takes time.

Now a suggestion to our developer friends that play this game and communicate on this forum

If CJ was to release a copy of dead code of the game that codex and number values were changed so you could not use it to hack - would you spend the time to try to fix bugs?

policy is law and law is not to be broken
    guidelines are there to guid and are there to be bent to interpritate. (wrong spelling i know)
    **Former** Founding member of Band Of Barbarians (till we get KA on andriod)

** TriggerHappy Terry - Special Operations Brigade**

Wanna be an S.O.B - we have 3 crews with different minimums for all levels of play

SOB 1. Top 50
    SOB 2. Top 150
    SOB 3. Top 400

Wanna come and play then PM for details - We use Line for communication

Post Count
    I give my friends on the forum right.U should something or u loose many guys they spend the most money in the game.
    The support sucks in the last time.We must wait for long for a response or we become a average response to it.
    When we spend hundreds of dollars or euros, we have the right to say what we need.And not everytime, that u close or deleted the threads.U say everytime, we should write to support, if we something need.But by support nobody cares what we want.Also we are angry and write on the forum now.
    When u take so much money from us, than u can more for us.
    Please do something with the glicthes, bugs, hackers, slow down with events and give us the old bonus program back.
    And unban Greenguru and The1only,this is really childish
    I hope u understand this
    Regards

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bgood View Post
    Hey CJ i got a ticket aged about 30 days still open...is that good support? Gree switched the bonus progam and claims it can't program to account for sales for full value....as a programmer im suppossed to believe that...really? I've had multiple queries into hackers and i know their hackers because the idiots have 5000 armor and weapons and they are all battle axes and baneret plate with low iph. I'v posted people with low iph who continually load gold, now there are people using the honor hack. If i can spot one it means you can to would it really be so difficult.

When some obtains gold at some point it syncronizes the data with the main servers (like when you go to ally kingdom, hit refresh, go to LTQ, protect gold) would it be sooooo hard to take setup a query that proactively monitors people who have drastic changes to their honor or gold between syncs? Its one thing to see our devalued by rapid inflation of units its another thing to allow guilds unmonitored access. I get there will be always be hackers but there is no transparency here that Gree acknowledges its a problem. YOu said it yourself 90% bs which means 10% is. How is that acceptable rate? You make good money off guild wars to not have it properly enforced in a transparent manner is insulting to everyone. How hard is it to automatically look at guilds with a lot of bonuses unlocked? even though it takes billions of gold to do there are guilds with 60 members and they are not named FUN, RK, BGK nothing has been done from dragons roost to now. Why don't you take some time not through out a million events that are full of bugs and work together with the people here to make the game better. Gree will get more cash in the long run.

As a programmer and dba I COMPLETELY agree with you. It's not hard or taxing on the servers to create a separate process that monitors the top guilds. Or to run queries on guilds with all bonuses unlocked and see who and how much gold was generated within a certain time period. You can even create ongoing logs of the top players/guilds. I understand not doing it for every single player....but people on this forum claim certain guilds/players are cheating... monitor that player. People (Ex: GreenGuru) on this forum are helping you guys. Put flags in your program too find drastic jumps in gold/gems. If there's a drastic jump in gems and the player didn't pay a dime....then obvious answer is he is cheating... hire me i'll get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by P4TR1C14N View Post
    Dear CJ54... We understand your rules, but please dont be ignorant for your own rules. People have sent loads off tickets. They dont get any feedback on results and dont see any results on the battlefield.

So where is here the problem? It Seems you try to Say ppl just need to accept gree is not doing What they should do. Closing Posts is for me equal to saying we can go to xxxxx as long as nothing is moving on gree side to prove we shouldnt post and keep sharing info with other players.

Dont put the ball in the camp off your playing and paying customers. Invest your time in your company and management where the real root cause is situated.

People do wonder if gree is working with pen and paper instead off with a db where Every single action, unit is logged. A querry is probably not yet known in gree and Will be invented in 2020? Sorry... Sarcastic but true.
    We don't give feedback on cheat reports because 99% of what we get are reports on people who aren't cheating. You can believe that or not, but it is true. The #1 source of cheat reports is people spending gems legitimately. And we don't share financial info about other people even in a roundabout way, period.

The disconnect here is obviously about that other 1%, but I wanted to mention the environment we operate under as far the reporting structure. Since we have a policy not to discuss the particulars of another player's account (one way or another), that means when there IS something valid, it looks like we're not doing anything or don't care.

Which isn't true. A great deal of staff time over here is spent preventing or fixing bugs that allow exploits or tracking down the people exploiting them and then banning those people (personally, I spent about 20% of my work time on hings related to this).

That takes time. It is lame that it is not an instantaneous process, but the fact is that it takes time. That doesn't mean we are not on it or that we don't care.

A couple of facts:

-a banned account does not magically disappear from the game, banned does not equal deleted; people that have it in their newsfeed or their allies list can still see it for awhile. It generally won't show up in the rivals list, but sometimes does when we're shifting the algorithm about (at which point we usually get a bunch of reports about "why we haven't done anything about X"). The vast majority of valid reports are for someone who's already banned and was banned less than 24 hours after they were first reported.

-one or two dedicated griefers who find an exploit can make it look like cheaters are everywhere. Which is kind of the point; these people aren't generally as concerned about winning as they are trying to make people angry and frustrated. We ban them and fix the exploit, repeat.

-Sometimes, we would like to find out what someone is doing so that we can cut it off at the root. That can mean watching them do it. Which, again, looks like we're doing nothing from the outside.

-There's only so many end goals when it comes to cheating, honestly. Regardless of the means to do so, you're looking for better, faster items/units/buildings/guild upgrades. The problem is that there may be a whole lot of ways to go about getting those things but all anyone can really see is the end result. Hypothetical situation: We fix all the ways people could theoretically cheat more honor items (or the raw honor itself, or get too many attacks to get more honor, etc.). Three versions later, a bug in the code makes an entirely new potential exploit to get lots of honor. Over on our side, it is "A new way to do that popped up, let's squish it". Player side, and this is completely understandable, it ends up looking like "Why won't they ever fix this?!?". That's frustrating, but new bugs mimicking the effects of old ones can happen.

-The worst situation, which does happen occasionally when dealing with old code, is the situation where fixing something in the "easy" way would break some aspect of the game for everyone. In those cases, you have to stop and find a better solution. It might even require a redesign of a core part of the architecture. *We still do that when required*, but this increases the time required by a lot. It is exceedingly important to us not to break new things while fixing another issue.

All this said, what I said in the other thread about the forums is true: almost every single thread about hacking or cheating in the forums, devolves into finger pointing and harassment. Which is why we've asked people to stop making those threads. I don't like closing posts and leaving a lame "report it to support" stock response, but I also don't like it when six hours later my inbox is full of people reporting other people for calling them or their factions out or swearing or threats or whatever.

I also don't like it very much when people make new forum accounts with a new name to rile people up, but that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastlin View Post
    Well I guess I now I have to be in fear of being banned for saying this (but it needs to be said):
    The fastest way to ruin an online community it to ban the players that really help... Also to ban the highest paying player in the game, is the worst business decision I have ever heard of (and what message does it send to you lower paying customers?). If the company really wants to make all players feel meaningless as a consumer, this was the very best way to do it! I am in complete shock right now....
    People need to follow the rules on the forums. Even when they're really unhappy about something. The rules need to apply to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean marc View Post
    i am still waiting for the gems that i bought or my money back. And could not buy gems during the past week end and still locked. And as usual no answer.
    We have been working as fast as we can with Apple to get that issue to stop happening.
    Last edited by CJ54; 04-25-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    As a former IT guy who basically did GM's truck cost analysis ($50 BILLION in cost) off of an Access database (fed from hundreds of legacy systems) I laugh at everything Gree says. Either you have no records of anything past a minute ago that does not generate revenue directly for Gree (ie gold/cash/gem purchases) or you have the single most incompetent IT department in the world.

Regardless this is not CJ's fault as I have been that guy on the frontline trying to explain the incompetence of others.

What Gree needs to realize is that things are rapidly coming to a head and its starting in KA and moving to MW given the recent quests. It doesnt take an MBA to see your business model may be churning right now but is ready to fall off a cliff. Talk is cheap. Setup simple queries as suggested. Hell I could probably code them and I havent done any IT in a decade. You need to culprits over the head with the ban-for-life stick and restore credibility to the game. You need to publicly listed who was banned. If your lawyers are any good they have no recourse anyways given the relative paucity of digital ownership law. Words are cheap we want action and we want them gone. And while you are at it ban the bozo I sent you in CC with 1000 doomsday frags and 1700 wins.