DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Repent your sins Joe Army

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    It wasn't 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,10

Seems to be 2 numbers missing.
    However if there were only 9 teams pushing that hard for top 10 that would have been 5 million points less for teams 3,5,6,7,8,10,11

What needs to happen is either a top 25 Strip down (it needs to be done for all factions...but for the time being top 25)....or one of the Hactions need to overtake number 1 as i think that will cause the game to break and we can all move on with our lives.
    I've tried, I've really tried.

Soon, I release my nuclear option.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PIRATE JUSTICE View Post
    There is a way to avoid such madness.

I know how.

I will invite representatives of the TOP factions to contact me, or one of my compadres.

I am in a serious conversation with an important player in a top 5 faction.

If I could obtain the consent and cooperation of FIVE of the TOP TEN factions, things would change for the better for your everyone.

Do not worry about alleged violaters.

We are NOT the Gree Police.

Crime will never be eliminated, so all you can do is live your life normally, yet remain vigilant.

There is a way to make violaters irrelevant.

I can show you.

Think Arabs, think oil, think differences, think collaboration.

There is a way.....
    Will not work, co-operation of the top alliances to keep wd points down and reduced spending will just be compensated by the ever so slightly lower factions desperate to get the top prizes, and if they were to overtake the top alliances I can already imagine the top alliances responding to the threat with gold...

If this is not what you were referring to I would be very interested to hear you expand on this?

Unfortunately gree is on to a winner as its human nature to want the best of things, whether it be in real life or on a game. The people who do not have this desire probably do not play the game and are doing more charitable things with their lives...

We all want to win, who wants to be a loser? And unfortunately only the hackers win and gree is not interested in stopping them
    Last edited by Chilli!; 04-24-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopenshire View Post
    my fear is nothing can or will be done. we just have to wait it out and see.

Fear not, my friend, I've got solutions(S) a plenty.

The REAL enemy is often unseen, usually inactive, often unresponsive, and normally silent.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilli! View Post
    Will not work, co-operation of the top alliances to keep wd points down and reduced spending will just be compensated by the ever so slightly lower factions desperate to get the top prizes, and if they were to overtake the top alliances I can already imagine the top alliances responding to the threat with gold...

If this is not what you were referring to I would be very interested to hear you expand on this?

Unfortunately gree is on to a winner as its human nature to want the best of things, whether it be in real life or on a game. The people who do not have this desire probably do not play the game and are doing more charitable things with their lives...

We all want to win, who wants to be a loser?

It'll work, trust me, it'll work.

It has worked on several occasions.

The factions outside of TOP FIVE, maybe TOP TEN, are powerless to do anything.

They can readily be exterminated.

If you're interested, not just curious, I may let you in on how.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    It'll work, trust me, it'll work.

It has worked on several occasions.

The factions outside of TOP FIVE, maybe TOP TEN, are powerless to do anything.

They can readily be exterminated.

If you're interested, not just curious, I may let you in on how.
    Very interested, for the good of the game. Chances are I may try and pick fault in your logic, but I truly hope I will not be able too!

If you would like to pm me or expand in thread it would be appreciated

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilli! View Post
    Very interested, for the good of the game. Chances are I may try and pick fault in your logic, but I truly hope I will not be able too!

If you would like to pm me or expand in thread it would be appreciated
    It isn't my logic.

The technique I tout has been tried and proven.

For the moment, enlighten the infidels here.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    It isn't my logic.

The technique I tout has been tried and proven.

For the moment, enlighten the infidels here.
    Show me the light?.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Agree give the darkness what they are owed ......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Philsbase View Post
    Agree give the darkness what they are owed ......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've been a supporter of this since 5 min after the event....but the reason they won't do it based on this:

They have to remove Rewards from 2 top 10 factions:
    They then have to award factions 11,12, Faction 26, 27, Faction 51, 52, Faction 101, 102....all the way down to 4001 and 4002. (As they would have addmited this happened) In addition they would need to go through all factions in the process and identify any other potential Hactions.
    VFF Legends

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by senex morosus View Post
    Arabs cant collaborate. We cant even succeed in revolutions.
    Lol that's funny.

But you forget a little incident in the early seventies, they did just fine then. More than just fine in fact.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    This is disappointing maybe a gesture of goodwill from Gree to the Darkness in this case I mean they don't want to lose a gold buying faction at the end of the day but as you pointed out other factions have lost out too.

I've been a supporter of this since 5 min after the event....but the reason they won't do it based on this:

They then have to award factions 11,12, Faction 26, 27, Faction 51, 52, Faction 101, 102....all the way down to 4001 and 4002. (As they would have addmited this happened) In addition they would need to go through all factions in the process and identify any other potential Hactions.

Lurker
    Post Count
    As a proud member of Darkness, we appreciate everyone who is pulling for us. Thank you all. We shall see how this plays out.

Consistent Contributor Brummied's Avatar
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Hi theif! And thanks for support from all!
    all thats needed is for gree to do a little work.. Hmmm a script is required, same as the scripts gree organise every day to fix things, like removing extra units when the awards went wrong in Greenland.... It's whether gree determine that the script is required is all that needs solving, not how they fix/ implement the outcome. Do they let hackers randomly spoil the game for genuine players? When it's discovered that's the case what's are gree obligations as the game provider? Let the hackers have there day or reward the real spenders? That's gree's position and there are a lot more people than the darkness members interested to see the outcome...

Post Count
    I completely agree...but i'm just "trying to play devils advocate"
    As i said if it was my choice you would get it for this reason....but only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Brummied View Post
    Hi theif! And thanks for support from all!
    all thats needed is for gree to do a little work.. Hmmm a script is required, same as the scripts gree organise every day to fix things, like removing extra units when the awards went wrong in Greenland.... It's whether gree determine that the script is required is all that needs solving, not how they fix/ implement the outcome. Do they let hackers randomly spoil the game for genuine players? When it's discovered that's the case what's are gree obligations as the game provider? Let the hackers have there day or reward the real spenders? That's gree's position and there are a lot more people than the darkness members interested to see the outcome...
    VFF Legends

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    We don't give feedback on cheat reports because 99% of what we get are reports on people who aren't cheating. You can believe that or not, but it is true. The #1 source of cheat reports is people spending gems legitimately. And we don't share financial info about other people even in a roundabout way, period.

The disconnect here is obviously about that other 1%, but I wanted to mention the environment we operate under as far the reporting structure. Since we have a policy not to discuss the particulars of another player's account (one way or another), that means when there IS something valid, it looks like we're not doing anything or don't care.

Which isn't true. A great deal of staff time over here is spent preventing or fixing bugs that allow exploits or tracking down the people exploiting them and then banning those people (personally, I spent about 20% of my work time on hings related to this).

That takes time. It is lame that it is not an instantaneous process, but the fact is that it takes time. That doesn't mean we are not on it or that we don't care.

A couple of facts:

-a banned account does not magically disappear from the game, banned does not equal deleted; people that have it in their newsfeed or their allies list can still see it for awhile. It generally won't show up in the rivals list, but sometimes does when we're shifting the algorithm about (at which point we usually get a bunch of reports about "why we haven't done anything about X"). The vast majority of valid reports are for someone who's already banned and was banned less than 24 hours after they were first reported.

-one or two dedicated griefers who find an exploit can make it look like cheaters are everywhere. Which is kind of the point; these people aren't generally as concerned about winning as they are trying to make people angry and frustrated. We ban them and fix the exploit, repeat.

-Sometimes, we would like to find out what someone is doing so that we can cut it off at the root. That can mean watching them do it. Which, again, looks like we're doing nothing from the outside.

-There's only so many end goals when it comes to cheating, honestly. Regardless of the means to do so, you're looking for better, faster items/units/buildings/guild upgrades. The problem is that there may be a whole lot of ways to go about getting those things but all anyone can really see is the end result. Hypothetical situation: We fix all the ways people could theoretically cheat more honor items (or the raw honor itself, or get too many attacks to get more honor, etc.). Three versions later, a bug in the code makes an entirely new potential exploit to get lots of honor. Over on our side, it is "Crap, a new way to do that popped up, let's squish it". Player side, and this is completely understandable, it ends up looking like "Why won't they ever fix this?!?". That's frustrating, but new bugs mimicking the effects of old ones can happen.

-The worst situation, which does happen occasionally when dealing with old code, is the situation where fixing something in the "easy" way would break some aspect of the game for everyone. In those cases, you have to stop and find a better solution. It might even require a redesign of a core part of the architecture. *We still do that when required*, but this increases the time required by a lot. It is exceedingly important to us not to break new things while fixing another issue.

All this said, what I said in the other thread about the forums is true: almost every single thread about hacking or cheating in the forums, devolves into finger pointing and harassment. Which is why we've asked people to stop making those threads. I don't like closing posts and leaving a lame "report it to support" stock response, but I also don't like it when six hours later my inbox is full of people reporting other people for calling them or their factions out or swearing or threats or whatever.

I also don't like it very much when people make new forum accounts with a new name to rile people up, but that's another story.

People need to follow the rules on the forums. Even when they're really unhappy about something. The rules need to apply to everyone.

This was posted on KA for Similar Thread and thought i should bring it over for MW players to read. I have not edited this so i think i'm allowed to post in an attempt to spread the word.
    Last edited by Thief; 04-24-2013 at 03:12 PM.
    VFF Legends