Defense buildings

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Defense buildings

Banned
    Post Count

Defense buildings

Hey guys I have recently started trying to get a ll my cannon towers and other defense buildings level 10 will this have a big impact on my overall defense if any?

Post Count
    I wish I could say yes, your efforts will be rewarded, but I highly doubt it will make that much of a difference. However, your current level and allies count could have a significant factor in their effectiveness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    Gree games have a 2 year life span. First 6 months gets you hooked then they start the squeeze. After 12 months they start flushing it down the toilet. It's much easier to drive all your players out then try and compensate those who have spent heaps when you decide to turn the server off. They just released another new version of the same basic concept.

Best advice is play the game for what it is. An iPhone ap designed to suck your money from you. How do you win? Stop spending.

Banned
    Post Count
    I am level 200, 500 allies 555k and 505k attack and defense. Will that effect it for Better or worse?

Post Count
    My guess the overall effect will be worse in your case. I'm sure a person around level 39, the level required to unlock cannon towers, would notice a significantly higher effect.

Edit: at your level though there might not be many things you can upgrade that don't require you going over vault and be raided constantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    Gree games have a 2 year life span. First 6 months gets you hooked then they start the squeeze. After 12 months they start flushing it down the toilet. It's much easier to drive all your players out then try and compensate those who have spent heaps when you decide to turn the server off. They just released another new version of the same basic concept.

Best advice is play the game for what it is. An iPhone ap designed to suck your money from you. How do you win? Stop spending.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    It doesn't hurt to upgrade them. Now the real question is when. The defense buildings might be on the back burner while the money/boost buildings are done first.

Has anyone ever made some in depth analysis of this? I feel they're a bit of a waste as long as you have other buildings to upgrade.

Post Count
    defense buildings take up space and look ugly
    Always looking for more friends please add me

My ally code 582-960-040

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nacon10 View Post
    defense buildings take up space and look ugly
    And I'm sure you have them.
    So you found the God, huh? That's awesome.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstrol View Post
    And I'm sure you have them.
    every single one wrapped around my manors
    Always looking for more friends please add me

My ally code 582-960-040

Banned
    Post Count
    If you assort them into patterns they can look pretty. Shame you can only build 5 of each.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    After some testing early on, it seemed that they didn't affect the win/loss ratio for raids against their protected buildings. The only thing they seemed to affect was casualty rates of the person attacking. However, that isn't an effective enough deterrent to be worth spending your valuable upgrade time on. If they gave % based defensive boosts to their area of protection, then they'd be worth it, but then everyone would just place them around their manors and raiding would die, so they won't do it. As it is, unless you have no further use for gold(read:nobody), the opportunity cost of upgrading them is too high to be worthwhile. Note that this is my considered opinion, backed up by data gained in the beginning of the game. Things may have or could change(d). Feel free to disagree, everyone's entitled to be wrong. As it stands, when I see a kingdom with upgraded defense buildings, I know that I don't even need to check their stats, because they don't have the IPH to support any kind of worthwhile units.

Also note that I still built them and put them around my manors, like most everyone else, I just know it doesn't do any good.
    Last edited by Shinazueli; 04-23-2013 at 01:30 PM.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013