Quote Originally Posted by Jman View Post
    bkal into another bkal is 120 points if i remember correctly (saw someone do it once).
    I had a few bkals as fodder and they gave 90 ep to normal armors - not sure how much it would give to another bkal but I believe it would be 90 as well.
    IGN: Thatzme
    Guild: The Rainbow Room - Last Hurrah

Is the + version of the current boss really that great? I mean, I'm stoked, because it's looking like I have 43 in the bag, I'm only 7 kills away and I still have 4 more days to get those 7 kills(ie: easy street), and it's going to be my first ever, but the stats look fairly mediocre. A total of 2530, which is only 300 more then my Storm Sorc +(2273). Are those extra 300 stats going to make a significant difference?

Not that I'm not going to make the +, I'm still very happy that I'm finally going to hit the 43rd tier for a boss, that's been my goal since I first found out that the 43rd tier is what you needed to reach to get the + version. Just kinda sad that's going to be a weaker armor then the previous ones, lol!

On another note, I have to say, I've had a lot of luck with EE drops from the boss this time, and I'm still probably only going to reach about 47 kills or so(no way I'll hit 51, not a chance), and the only time I've missed making kills are the hours that I'm sleeping. Is the only way to hit 51 and then 60 is to sac sleep or spend gems? I Just don't see being able to hit those two particular tiers without setting an alarm, getting up and blearily slogging my way through a kill or two half-asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Is the + version of the current boss really that great? I mean, I'm stoked, because it's looking like I have 43 in the bag, I'm only 7 kills away and I still have 4 more days to get those 7 kills(ie: easy street), and it's going to be my first ever, but the stats look fairly mediocre. A total of 2530, which is only 300 more then my Storm Sorc +(2273). Are those extra 300 stats going to make a significant difference?

Not that I'm not going to make the +, I'm still very happy that I'm finally going to hit the 43rd tier for a boss, that's been my goal since I first found out that the 43rd tier is what you needed to reach to get the + version. Just kinda sad that's going to be a weaker armor then the previous ones, lol!

On another note, I have to say, I've had a lot of luck with EE drops from the boss this time, and I'm still probably only going to reach about 47 kills or so(no way I'll hit 51, not a chance), and the only time I've missed making kills are the hours that I'm sleeping. Is the only way to hit 51 and then 60 is to sac sleep or spend gems? I Just don't see being able to hit those two particular tiers without setting an alarm, getting up and blearily slogging my way through a kill or two half-asleep.
    If you're not getting epic armors, Epic boss+ armors are your next best choice. From what I remember, your armors aren't that good at the moment, so this armor will probably be a pretty big help. By the way, you may want to consider that although you may have enough time to reach boss 43, beating it will be much harder because bosses at the end of each reward tier jumps in difficulty, if you haven't found that out already.

With regards to reaching 60, having very good armors against the boss is a necessity. For example, I managed to kill the last boss with only 1 knight until somewhere between level 18 to 20. It made reaching 60 much easier because I saved energy using more knights, so I could kill the boss more times. I never actually needed to sacrifice sleep, and I managed to kill 60 roughly 8 hours before the next boss.
    Knights and Dragons iOS.
    Guild: Rainbow Room
    Main knight's named Aiden.

My friend's list is currently full, i won't be able to accept new players at the moment.

Cheers, my fellow knights!

actually, those boss armors (bear and swamp demon) are sort of the best legendaries you can get for now. Only aegis of the dragon, combustion+ and clayplate+ are better than those, and causethey are chest only.... I think is worth the max.
    (All those fusedbornes vanguards.... They are getting a real foe on legendary ranks. I'm maxing it even if i have a maxed clayplate regular.)

Quote Originally Posted by deathexe View Post
    If you're not getting epic armors, Epic boss+ armors are your next best choice. From what I remember, your armors aren't that good at the moment, so this armor will probably be a pretty big help. By the way, you may want to consider that although you may have enough time to reach boss 43, beating it will be much harder because bosses at the end of each reward tier jumps in difficulty, if you haven't found that out already.

With regards to reaching 60, having very good armors against the boss is a necessity. For example, I managed to kill the last boss with only 1 knight until somewhere between level 18 to 20. It made reaching 60 much easier because I saved energy using more knights, so I could kill the boss more times. I never actually needed to sacrifice sleep, and I managed to kill 60 roughly 8 hours before the next boss.
    That is very true in regards to having a good strong armor to take you to close to 20 kills solo. I made it to 14 against this one before I had to add someone, so that certainly helped me out a lot.

I do realize that they jump in difficulty, but right now I can kill him with 5 knights and I don't even get to the fifth knight before he's dead. I figure come the 43rd kill I"ll probably go 5 and 2 against him for the win, or maybe 4/3, using the strongest knights I have on my friends list, but I'm confident that I'll be strong enough to do it. Frankly, if it comes down to it, I have 20 gems saved, and I'll HAPPILY burn them for extra epic energy to kill him for the +.

Also, you are partially correct. My armors WEREN'T that strong, but I've been doing nothing but leveling them for the last few days, they are all 50+ now, with my Storm Sorc + being at 60. It's slowing down now, as I have no fusion boost armors, so I'm just feeding my storm sorc + Atlantean Avenger armors for the double bonus to EP. I get 1 level right now from 4 of them. Still, I've gained a TON of strength, gone from like 1450 atk/1050 defense to nearly 1700/1200 now. It's definitely quite a difference to what I was, I've been winning a significant more of my arena/friends list duels in the last few days, it's great. I definitely see why I probably should have focused more on leveling my armors early on instead of leveling.

Edit: gotta say, I'm getting irritated with fusing right now. I'm about to attempt my fifth fusion of Infernal Lord and Rocfeather robes, and every time it's been 2 star(3 embersteel and 1 flowstone). Hopefully I'll finally get lucky on this last attempt and snag a combustion finally.

Oh, one other question: If I don't have to burn any gems for the 43rd kill(I don't think I'll have to), would it be smarter to save them and use them on a chance chest in the future, or should I save until I have enough to kill Beringar in the Summoning stone 4 times, because then I could craft the + version of his armor, which with the current boss, would give me two + version of boss armors.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 10-06-2013 at 12:01 AM.

That is very true in regards to having a good strong armor to take you to close to 20 kills solo. I made it to 14 against this one before I had to add someone, so that certainly helped me out a lot.

I do realize that they jump in difficulty, but right now I can kill him with 5 knights and I don't even get to the fifth knight before he's dead. I figure come the 43rd kill I"ll probably go 5 and 2 against him for the win, or maybe 4/3, using the strongest knights I have on my friends list, but I'm confident that I'll be strong enough to do it. Frankly, if it comes down to it, I have 20 gems saved, and I'll HAPPILY burn them for extra epic energy to kill him for the +.

Also, you are partially correct. My armors WEREN'T that strong, but I've been doing nothing but leveling them for the last few days, they are all 50+ now, with my Storm Sorc + being at 60. It's slowing down now, as I have no fusion boost armors, so I'm just feeding my storm sorc + Atlantean Avenger armors for the double bonus to EP. I get 1 level right now from 4 of them. Still, I've gained a TON of strength, gone from like 1450 atk/1050 defense to nearly 1700/1200 now. It's definitely quite a difference to what I was, I've been winning a significant more of my arena/friends list duels in the last few days, it's great. I definitely see why I probably should have focused more on leveling my armors early on instead of leveling.

Edit: gotta say, I'm getting irritated with fusing right now. I'm about to attempt my fifth fusion of Infernal Lord and Rocfeather robes, and every time it's been 2 star(3 embersteel and 1 flowstone). Hopefully I'll finally get lucky on this last attempt and snag a combustion finally.

Oh, one other question: If I don't have to burn any gems for the 43rd kill(I don't think I'll have to), would it be smarter to save them and use them on a chance chest in the future, or should I save until I have enough to kill Beringar in the Summoning stone 4 times, because then I could craft the + version of his armor, which with the current boss, would give me two + version of boss armors.
    Uh, actually you don't get any extra EP from enhancing your storm sorcerer with atlantean avenger armors. As long as there's one matching element, you get the extra EP, having two makes no difference.

Also, I wouldn't actually consider Your armors being strong yet. Considering how your best armor is a storm sorc+ at level 60 at the moment.

Another thing to point out, your current level affects how much damage and health your friends you use have. Basically, the stats and health of your friends are capped, making them much less effective until you're around level 90+ I believe.

Gems should be spent on maxing your training fields first if you haven't already done so.
    Knights and Dragons iOS.
    Guild: Rainbow Room
    Main knight's named Aiden.

My friend's list is currently full, i won't be able to accept new players at the moment.

Cheers, my fellow knights!

So I'm fairly new, and I've only boughten gems once and never got anything. I'm lvl 86, and my armors are Doran's, levithan, and guardians. I dont seem to ever get any epic boss+ should i try maxxing out the "bigger 4" instead of what I'm using atm?

Quote Originally Posted by deathexe View Post
    Uh, actually you don't get any extra EP from enhancing your storm sorcerer with atlantean avenger armors. As long as there's one matching element, you get the extra EP, having two makes no difference.

Also, I wouldn't actually consider Your armors being strong yet. Considering how your best armor is a storm sorc+ at level 60 at the moment.

Another thing to point out, your current level affects how much damage and health your friends you use have. Basically, the stats and health of your friends are capped, making them much less effective until you're around level 90+ I believe.

Gems should be spent on maxing your training fields first if you haven't already done so.
    Uhh, I'm already level 100 ^^ So there is no worries there. And, I meant comparatively, I'm a helluva lot stronger then I was just 3 days ago .

I had no idea that you didn't get a double bonus for matching both elements when enhancing armors, That's quite interesting to learn, I appreciate the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravendark View Post
    So I'm fairly new, and I've only boughten gems once and never got anything. I'm lvl 86, and my armors are Doran's, levithan, and guardians. I dont seem to ever get any epic boss+ should i try maxxing out the "bigger 4" instead of what I'm using atm?
    If you have the Big 4 maxed out, it's a matter of stats. Long ago it was necessary to do the Bigger 4. For a number of reasons. Now, an EB non-plus may be equally as strong and better elements. So it goes by the week. Infernal and Dark Prince+ are necessary though. That's a fairly universal idea.

Uhh, I'm already level 100 ^^ So there is no worries there. And, I meant comparatively, I'm a helluva lot stronger then I was just 3 days ago .

I had no idea that you didn't get a double bonus for matching both elements when enhancing armors, That's quite interesting to learn, I appreciate the tip!
    How did you get to EB14 with one knight and still think you'll need 5/2 at 43? What armors are you using that there's such a huge scale in the ability of your lower knights? Your lower knights should have previous gear on, which means if you're building upwards correctly, instead of skipping steps, you'll have adequate gear for all 3 knights fighting. Don't worry so much about the rush to EB+. Trust me, it's a wall. If you don't have the ability to ease your way into it, you will be spending a huge amount of frustration not being able to level it. Remember, once you get 43 once, you'll want it every week. That's a brand new legendary plus to get every week. A brand new non-plus to get to 35, every week. It's a lot of work, and unless you're fully prepared for it, you will always end up bottle necked. The armors you have will not get leveled, and you will have to use them for something else when a better version comes out, still in nostalgia about how it was your, "first eb+ armor."

Get the bigger4 first. don't worry about EB+ until it happens naturally.

Unless you're an addict capable of maxing a legendary+ every week like some of us do. In which case more power to you, and make sure you go 2/5 or 3/4, not 5/2 or 4/3. The boss will use 2 special attacks if he's under a certain point of life, but only 1 if he's above that point. Saving you HP and getting you more damage by going in with less knights first.

I reached 60 last week without gemming, since the stars aligned:
    - the boss had consecutive elements
    - I had a strong armor that was double element strong, so did 100% bonus damage and not weak (Forgestone+)
    - I had a lot of friends with good armors (Forgestone+)
    - good EE drops

spirit/earth bosses (Forgestone friends) and water/fire bosses (Maelstorm friends) are probably the only ones where I have a chance of getting close to 60 right now, though I'd need to be really lucky/efficient on the EE and friends for the latter...

Managing your EE and friends is also pretty important if you don't want to have to get up in the middle of the night.
    "commander / 1 follower + commander / commander + 1 friend / 2 followers + commander / 1 follower + commander + 1 friend / either commander + 2 friends or 2 followers + commander + 1 friend or a mix of those depending on what your bottleneck is" seems to be decent sequence for the first 30+ levels of the boss.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Yep, Snakeskins will give you the same EP in this case (because of the water) for 3000 gold instead of 6000 gold.

Quote Originally Posted by EljayK View Post
    Remember, once you get 43 once, you'll want it every week. That's a brand new legendary plus to get every week. A brand new non-plus to get to 35, every week. It's a lot of work, and unless you're fully prepared for it, you will always end up bottle necked. The armors you have will not get leveled, and you will have to use them for something else when a better version comes out, still in nostalgia about how it was your, "first eb+ armor."

bigger 4 also need their non-plus crafted and leveled first (though only to level 20) so there's not too much difference there compared to epic boss+. So if you can get to 43 without gemming, do it and level that armor instead if it fits you w.r.t. element combination.

Unless you're an addict capable of maxing a legendary+ every week like some of us do. In which case more power to you, and make sure you go 2/5 or 3/4, not 5/2 or 4/3. The boss will use 2 special attacks if he's under a certain point of life, but only 1 if he's above that point. Saving you HP and getting you more damage by going in with less knights first.
    To clarify that, on your second run the boss will always start with 1 or 2 crits. You want a follower to take those blows and not your commander.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Hi, I have a question about beast brawl rewards.
    You gain the keys if you keep the armors and such, but here is the question:
    Do i have to keep the normal version armor, even I have completed the "normal" stage of the rewards with 2 keys, or do I have to wait the remaining 3 days still?
    Do i have to keep the normal version armor to get to the 2nd stage, even if I have the +version?

Why do I ask? Someone got Moontide with soulshard and swanpstone and I want to try this out asap, but when I use soulshard now (old beasbrawl) ... or swampstone (new one, which will start in a couple of days -.-') i cant complete the beastbrawl rewards then i fear ... :/

Quote Originally Posted by EljayK View Post
    How did you get to EB14 with one knight and still think you'll need 5/2 at 43? What armors are you using that there's such a huge scale in the ability of your lower knights? Your lower knights should have previous gear on, which means if you're building upwards correctly, instead of skipping steps, you'll have adequate gear for all 3 knights fighting. Don't worry so much about the rush to EB+. Trust me, it's a wall. If you don't have the ability to ease your way into it, you will be spending a huge amount of frustration not being able to level it. Remember, once you get 43 once, you'll want it every week. That's a brand new legendary plus to get every week. A brand new non-plus to get to 35, every week. It's a lot of work, and unless you're fully prepared for it, you will always end up bottle necked. The armors you have will not get leveled, and you will have to use them for something else when a better version comes out, still in nostalgia about how it was your, "first eb+ armor."

I did it last week on armored bear. I used marco's forgestone+ and only had to use 5 people. I had to use 3 people for level 15.

Has anyone worked out the drop% of snakeskin leather strips on the various difficulties?
    Dragon Realms Code: 205-371-641

Knights and Dragons code: WBB-VFW-FVY
    Level 100 - 2013/09/24
    Maxed L70: SG+, AotB+
    Maxed L99: Beastmaster Battlegear, Shoushard
    In the queue: Blazeborn, Armor of the Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by gnolaum View Post
    Has anyone worked out the drop% of snakeskin leather strips on the various difficulties?
    I only Farm in the morning K&D Time Zone 9-10am PDT, 100% drop on normal stage in the morning 70-80% afternoon 50-70% night.

So morning farming is the best for me