Quote Originally Posted by Synovia View Post
    Only if the weighting is towards worse armors.

The vast majority of my 3star+3star fusions have given me 3 or 4 stars. Like 90%+

You really think that leveling 2 armors to 20 (to open Bigger4+), 2 armors to 70, another armor to 35, and then finally one to 70 is less work than trying a handful of fusions and then leveling one armor to 70?

We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

Even some of the 'failures' you're listing are better than the bigger4 (like Blackfrost) (which has 300 points on Roc+, and is better stats wise than any of the bigger4) (or Sky Guardian).

The bigger4 made a lot of sense when we had 1500 point Big4, 1600 point boss armors, 1800-2000 point Bigger4, and 2200 point boss+ armors.

Now that we have 1900 point boss non-plus armors, and 2500 pt boss+ armors, and a whole bunch of fusable 2500 pt armors, the bigger 4 just aren't worth the point investment. They've got ****ty elemental combinations, and poor stats. There are way too many fusable armors that are better. Even fusing 3 starrs.
    Fusable 2500 stat armors? Combustion and Guardian regular are in the 2300's. And yes, leveling a single Bigger 4 is less of a hassle than attempting(and likely failing) to fuse and enhance a 2300 stat armor. The only armor that has been proven fusable and is 2500+ stats is moontide.

Only if the weighting is towards worse armors.

The vast majority of my 3star+3star fusions have given me 3 or 4 stars. Like 90%+

You really think that leveling 2 armors to 20 (to open Bigger4+), 2 armors to 70, another armor to 35, and then finally one to 70 is less work than trying a handful of fusions and then leveling one armor to 70?

We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

Even some of the 'failures' you're listing are better than the bigger4 (like Blackfrost) (which has 300 points on Roc+, and is better stats wise than any of the bigger4) (or Sky Guardian).

The bigger4 made a lot of sense when we had 1500 point Big4, 1600 point boss armors, 1800-2000 point Bigger4, and 2200 point boss+ armors.

Now that we have 1900 point boss non-plus armors, and 2500 pt boss+ armors, and a whole bunch of fusable 2500 pt armors, the bigger 4 just aren't worth the point investment. They've got ****ty elemental combinations, and poor stats. There are way too many fusable armors that are better. Even fusing 3 starrs.
    Read back on my replies on the previous page.
    Knights and Dragons iOS.
    Guild: Rainbow Room
    Main knight's named Aiden.

My friend's list is currently full, i won't be able to accept new players at the moment.

Cheers, my fellow knights!

Personally I just levelled to 100, got a decent guild to break rank 250, got Skyguard+, used big 4, Skyguard+, and big friends to crack level 43, and skipped fusing and bigger 4 both altogether.
    Last edited by gnolaum; 10-02-2013 at 10:13 PM.
    Dragon Realms Code: 205-371-641

Knights and Dragons code: WBB-VFW-FVY
    Level 100 - 2013/09/24
    Maxed L70: SG+, AotB+
    Maxed L99: Beastmaster Battlegear, Shoushard
    In the queue: Blazeborn, Armor of the Devoted

Please help...

Ive purchased 800 gems and haven't received them. Ive been billed on my itunes for the $100.00 and still no gems. Its been three days. Ive tried to contact apple and gree with no success. Could someone tell me who i could contact about getting my gems, please? Id really like to use them on the beast chest and there is six days left now. Please help, thank you.

For this boss (Water/Earth) if you had Air/Spirit armor would you use it (double advantage, single disadvantage)? Or would you stick solely with Spirit/X where X is not Fire or Air.
    Dragon Realms Code: 205-371-641

Knights and Dragons code: WBB-VFW-FVY
    Level 100 - 2013/09/24
    Maxed L70: SG+, AotB+
    Maxed L99: Beastmaster Battlegear, Shoushard
    In the queue: Blazeborn, Armor of the Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by Unresolved View Post
    Fusable 2500 stat armors? Combustion and Guardian regular are in the 2300's.
    Combustion : 2437
    Guardian : 2293
    Clayplate: 2389.

SO I probably should have said fuseable 2400 point armors.

And yes, leveling a single Bigger 4 is less of a hassle than attempting(and likely failing) to fuse and enhance a 2300 stat armor.
    Your entire argument is based on something you have presented absolutely no evidence for : that one is likely to fail at fusing these things. Like you showed above, if the odds are weighted evenly, you have roughly a 1/6 chance of ending up with either a 2400 point armor, or moonplate.

You have about a 1/3 chance of ending up with a 4star, which means when you try again, your odds of moonplate or the afformentioned 2400 point armors is higher.

That's not likely to fail. Unless you're assuming that I'm saying to only try once. Which I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by gnolaum View Post
    For this boss (Water/Earth) if you had Air/Spirit armor would you use it (double advantage, single disadvantage)? Or would you stick solely with Spirit/X where X is not Fire or Air.
    2 advantages + 1 disadvantage you do 2/1.5 = 1.33x damage per boss hit
    1 advantage + 0 disadvantages you do 1.5/1 = 1.5x damage per boss hit

Given that the boss has vastly superior HP, it is almost always better to pick the alternative where you have 1 advantage and 0 disadvantages.

The exception comes where your armor with 2 advantages and 1 disadvantage has much more superior stats than your armor with 1 advantage and 0 disadvantages, for example say, a Sky Guardian against a Chimera Corps+

Your entire argument is based on something you have presented absolutely no evidence for : that one is likely to fail at fusing these things. Like you showed above, if the odds are weighted evenly, you have roughly a 1/6 chance of ending up with either a 2400 point armor, or moonplate.

You have about a 1/3 chance of ending up with a 4star, which means when you try again, your odds of moonplate or the afformentioned 2400 point armors is higher.

That's not likely to fail. Unless you're assuming that I'm saying to only try once. Which I'm not.
    Well, the same could be said about your argument, where you assume that all chances for fusion are equal and also believe that you'll get good results based on you own experience, which is a very small number of fuses - 'the vast majority of my 3 star + 3 star fusion have given me 3 or 4 stars. Like 90+%.' quoted from you.
    Knights and Dragons iOS.
    Guild: Rainbow Room
    Main knight's named Aiden.

My friend's list is currently full, i won't be able to accept new players at the moment.

Cheers, my fellow knights!

Unable to access the Arena for PVP

Hi,

The game is working fine for me except for the fact that I am unable to access the Arena feature. Each
    time I click it, it loads the connecting.... screen for about a minute and then it says

Cannot Connect
    There seems to be a problem connecting to the server. Please wait a few moments and try again.

I have been experiencing this for the last week or so. Is there anyone experiencing the same situation and if there is a fix for this? I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app already.

Regards,
    Kelvin

Which armor for swamp monster boss?

So I don't have a good armor for this boss leveled up. Sky Guardian is good for the low levels, but it's going to quickly fall apart later on. I need to fast track an armor.

I have these but they're all level 1 and non-plus:
    Armor of the Bear 1049/780
    Soulshard Raiment 1088/776
    Wicked Wraith 836/1090

I'm thinking Wicked Wraith is actually the best out of all of these with a combined 1926 and more defense than the other two but want to confirm that. What do you think?

Sorry, but your argument is just as anecdotal as mine. The difference is that the normal method of armor progression does not rely on luck and will get you to the Epic Boss+ status just as easily. Yours hinges upon the 3/19 chance of landing the armor you want. And you need to craft the 3* armors to even fuse for that. If we say that you get one of those three armors every 6 fusions, then you'd need to craft probably 10 different 3* armors(assuming you get a few 3/4* armors back through fusion). That's 10 days worth of crafting time(for one smith). You could max a legendary in that amount of time and then be on your merry way towards taking down an epic boss.

If we say that you get one of those three armors every 6 fusions, then you'd need to craft probably 15 different 3* armors(assuming you get a few 3/4* armors back through fusion).
    You're not very good at probability, are you?
    If you have a 1/6 chance of fusing what you want, you have a 45% chance of having got what you want by fusion 3, 70% by fusion 6, and 80% by fusion 8. It actually escalates faster because any 4 stars you get decrease the pool of unwanted armors.

IE, most people will get one by fusion 4 or 5. The chances that you need to make 15 of them are very small.

Frankly, I'd much rather craft 8-10 3 stars than craft the a 3 star, and the 32 snakeskins it takes to get a 3 star to level 20 to allow the plus version to be crafted, and then spend a ton of time leveling a piece of armor that I'm going to immediately replace as soon as I can.

Also, Dark Prince is the only one that has a useful element combination, and by the time you can farm Dark Prince, you can get to EB43.

You're not very good at probability, are you?
    If you have a 1/6 chance of fusing what you want, you have a 45% chance of having got what you want by fusion 3, 70% by fusion 6, and 80% by fusion 8. It actually escalates faster because any 4 stars you get decrease the pool of unwanted armors.

IE, most people will get one by fusion 4 or 5. The chances that you need to make 15 of them are very small.

Frankly, I'd much rather craft 8-10 3 stars than craft the a 3 star, and the 32 snakeskins it takes to get a 3 star to level 20 to allow the plus version to be crafted, and then spend a ton of time leveling a piece of armor that I'm going to immediately replace as soon as I can.

Also, Dark Prince is the only one that has a useful element combination, and by the time you can farm Dark Prince, you can get to EB43.
    Whoops, I'm actually quite tired. Been studying all day. It's 2:30am here and I have a thermo test tomorrow. And why in the world would you use snakes to get to level 20? Spend 2 hours using basics and get it done real fast. And I never recommened DP+. Infernal would be a better choice because it's a hell of a lot easier to farm.

And I never recommened DP+. Infernal would be a better choice because it's a hell of a lot easier to farm.
    I agree. The problem is that Rocfeather+ and Swamp+ aren't any better than the epic boss non-plus anymore. Bear (non-plus) is a better armor than either one. Swamp Shaman + only has about 50 points on the current epic boss non-plus and takes about 800 EP more to level.

The Bigger4+ made a lot of sense when they were 1800-2100 points and epic boss non-plus were 1600. Now that the epic boss non-pluss are 1850-1900, and better element combinations, they don't make sense at all. Add in the fact that you've got (what I consider) a good chance of fusing something significantly better than either, and they just don't make any sense to me.

Infernal is the only one thats even worth thinking about, but again, Tempered pops up relatively often, and is better.

I don't know about you, but I had 4 Infernal Lord armors before I even got to the level where I could get the fragments. (fusing, chests from free gems, daily rewards, etc). That would have been enough (with a handful of rocs and spectral captains) to ensure a better than Bigger4+ armor. (If the stuff that is fuseable now was then)

I agree. The problem is that Rocfeather+ and Swamp+ aren't any better than the epic boss non-plus anymore. Bear (non-plus) is a better armor than either one. Swamp Shaman + only has about 50 points on the current epic boss non-plus and takes about 800 EP more to level.

The Bigger4+ made a lot of sense when they were 1800-2100 points and epic boss non-plus were 1600. Now that the epic boss non-pluss are 1850-1900, and better element combinations, they don't make sense at all. Add in the fact that you've got (what I consider) a good chance of fusing something significantly better than either, and they just don't make any sense to me.

Infernal is the only one thats even worth thinking about, but again, Tempered pops up relatively often, and is better.

I don't know about you, but I had 4 Infernal Lord armors before I even got to the level where I could get the fragments. (fusing, chests from free gems, daily rewards, etc). That would have been enough (with a handful of rocs and spectral captains) to ensure a better than Bigger4+ armor. (If the stuff that is fuseable now was then)
    The reason I progressed through this game faster than other non-spenders was because I didn't waste time fusing anything. Week one was getting TFs everywhere. Week 2 was maxing the Big 4. Week 3 was buying the last 2 castle expansions. No time to waste gold/smiths fusing for random things. After that, I joined a good guild and got Eurus+ in my 3rd full week. Never looked back since. Can't say I ever enhanced a Bigger 4, because I didn't. But now that good guilds have been locked up, players can't jump from the Big 4 to Epic Boss+, so they need an intermediate. Since combustion/GB/Clay/Tempered are worse than the current Epic Boss+, I just don't see a reason to expend the extra effort into a luck-based system when you could achieve the same results by going the tried-and-true method. If there's anything I learned from this game, it's that luck screws you over.