Quote Originally Posted by Marco_ View Post
    After "The Final Push":
    More like Dork Prince: collect 18 Evil Jewels, craft 1 The Dark Prince's Royal Armor 5000G, 3350XP, 1 gem.
    "collect" quests start counting from the moment you view the quest intro, so any Evil Jewels you get before that don't count towards the quest. (not that it really matters, since you need 2x 22 Evil Jewels for Dark Prince+ and KoD Epic gives you way more Phoenix Feathers than Evil Jewels... -_-; )
    Thank you! That is very helpful.

I knew about the item drop counter from before. Its very annoying, but as you quite rightly said, I need to craft 2 of them, so its really no biggie.
    It just means I can take my time with enhancing completing this quest.
    Andorid Gamer
    Lotak
    Please PM me if you want an add. Freezing really bugs me so I don't like to keep more than 40 friends.

Level 97
    Big4+ level 50

SS+ lvl 70
    AoIL+ - lvl 70
    DPA - Still need jewels

Quote Originally Posted by paganizer View Post
    Well my problem is that insane amount of farming which is necessary. True i could burn gold by using commons, but getting all those commons would also require a lot of farming and with little to show for it in regards of enhancement. So basicly it's just an option to burn gold.
    I'm looking for a way to enhance armor without having to spend hours grinding the same place over and over. Fusing would be a good option, as it burns gold, but with fusion stones being so rare it's not an option
    I would like to see fuse stones as a more common drop, but seeing as Gree nerfed the drop on them, that's probably not gonna happen.
    If you've been Snakeskin farming and not using the earth and water shards from Skeletons Tomb at all, you quickly build up a whole bunch of them, so you should have plenty for your armorsmiths to burn through without needing extra farming.
    (I myself don't have many, since I'm using them all to make Stonescale_lvl11 ... (eats up 5 basic earth and 3 basic water per Stonescale))
    Either you grind a lot or you open lots of DPCs for enhancement armors. There's no other ways to play this game.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Mm I have around 100 fusion stones.. I am getting like 2-3 per day by farming snakeskin.. so I saved them up for my when my lvl 70 armors hit lvl 50+
    Lvl 100+ Android player (Majestic pants)
    Guild: Majestic

Kerst+ max ----- beast max
    devo+ max ----- necro max
    forge+ max ----- blazestone max
    mael+ max ----- blaze max
    tec+ max ----- moon max
    blaze+ max ----- arborsteel max
    moon+ max

I need more pants currently at 122/129

Quote Originally Posted by Jello View Post
    Here are the minions/bosses in KoD:

Stage / All Elements / Boss Elem / Need
    1/4 / water-spirit-earth / water-earth / air-fire-spirit
    2/4 / spirit-air-fire / air-spirit / fire-earth-water
    3/4 / fire-earth-air / fire-earth / water-spirit-earth
    4/4 / spirit-fire-air / spirit/fire / fire-water

You will need to use friend(s) until you get some of your armors like Inf+ and Shaman+ maxed. I'm on farm in KoD with maxed Eurus+, Infernal+, and Shaman+. It works well, even though I end up on stage 3 using Inf+ which requires 3 hits on the boss (vs 2 with a water armor). But I get through no problems and no friends needed for it anymore.
    Thank you for this post Jello! Vaguely recall seeing it previously but now having finished HC powerleveling to 100, time to start farming Jewels... which mandates actually trying KoD for once
    --Rev

Quote Originally Posted by Revelate View Post
    Thank you for this post Jello! Vaguely recall seeing it previously but now having finished HC powerleveling to 100, time to start farming Jewels... which mandates actually trying KoD for once
    You're welcome. I gain about a level a day by running KoD Epic 4-5 times a day. I set aside 3 knights for it - Follower in Eurus+ maxed, Follower in Infernal+ maxed, and Commander in Shaman+ maxed. Gets me through with about 150-200 health remaining on my commander. All 3 heal max at the same time and I run it again.

I use the other 3 knights to farm Skeletons Tomb for snakeskin and Writhing Cascades for typhoon gems. It's 6,000 to craft an AA but it fills the gap with 24 EP on anything with Air and the gems drop fairly well. To get a Snakeskin to level 5 (to make it 24 EP on any non earth/water) would cost 4,000 gold (300*8 basics + 600 & 1000 for 2 enhancements).
    Jello of Jokerz, Guild Champion
    Level 165+, Code: XBC-WNV-ZFR

Big 4, Bigger 4, Sky Guardian, Sky Guardian+, Eurus+, Phyrus+, Slimebane+ Maxed
    Notus+ (53), BKal+ (38), Assasin's Shroud+ (34), Boreas+ (29)

Current Boss Armor: Sky Guardian+ 70

Click for Data Sheet

KoD Quests

Quote Originally Posted by Lotak View Post
    That's disappointing! I'm on 2nd stage of KoD, but taking my time as am trying to do the quest path properly. Gotta redo Stage 1 again, which is a little annoying but no biggie.

Just wondering, if you do know, what is the next quest that follows "The Final Push"? This is the one where you have to get HH to lvl 20, SC and SS to lvl 15 and Roc and AoIL to lvl 10. I ask because I don't want to have to redo KoD if the quest that follows this has something to do with KoD!
    Mmm, have you gotten the "Climactic Clash" quests? I believe there's one for each level of KoD--these are in addition to the one where you have to get evil jewels / DP armor. From your question I suspect you've gotten the first one, mentioning it just in case so you don't have to go back and do each one a second time.

On another topic...does anyone understand how the game chooses arena opponents? I did a couple strings of double-downs on the first night of the current tournament and got myself up around rank 100 or so. It then stuck me fighting "other" rank 100 opponents as my rank dropped below 500. It is VERY slowly giving me lower ranked opponents as I continue to get beat up by people who are currently ranked about where I was a day or two ago. Is it wiser to just not play the arena for the first few days to get easier opponents later on?

Does anyone have a picture of Clayplate Mantle at level 1-11?

what next?

So I've just maxed swamp+ and am working to maxing my infernal+.

I'm wondering which lvl 70 I should go for next to maximise my chances of getting an epic boss+.

I've got roc+, WW, DP+. Obviously DP+ has the highest stats but I already have the same element combination in LF+.

Thoughts?
    QUIT

Quote Originally Posted by cubey View Post

I'm wondering which lvl 70 I should go for next to maximise my chances of getting an epic boss+.

I've got roc+, WW, DP+. Obviously DP+ has the highest stats but I already have the same element combination in LF+.

Thoughts?
    I'm going to suggest that you work on DP+ or Wicked Wraith next. If you're really concerned about having to put so much time into DP+ because of its elements, WW is probably a better option. I am personally avoiding Roc+ because I'm not convinced it's worth the time.

Just my $.02
    CasuaLady
    Casually Majestic - Lvl 163
    Lady - Lvl 1000 - RETIRED!

Armors Data

Quote Originally Posted by cubey View Post

Thoughts?
    I'm in a similar transition situation and I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that maxing an individual armor and hoping to get lucky with the boss draw, is begging for a long and painful process completely at the mercy of Gree's whimsy.

Here's what I'm intending to try, and if anyone has any advice or suggestions I'd appreciate it:

Basic math off the armor data sheet suggests I can raise two level 70 armors to 45 for the price of one to 70. I'm stuck in the situation where I have more armors than I have time, and trying to raise a level 70 from zero to hero, well, I found this week isn't likely without a bunch of pooled resources which I don't have (yet).

So instead, I'm going to raise a couple: SG in wings, Inf+, DP+ (once I get the stupid place on farm, first test run went incredibly poorly), the Guardian's which is now at 45, and any random boss armors that fufill a niche I can't cover (hopefully plus but...) and beyond that, just pool resources.

Comments off the recent Slimelord thread suggest that with proper friend management even Big 4 level armor is sufficient to hit 43, I don't quite have the friends list they do but mine isn't shoddy either. Interestingly enough, most legendaries at level 50, are right in line with Big 4.

So, for Epic Boss maximization, if I draw a boss where I have a good suit waiting in the 45-50 range, spend the resources to level it quickly, and then start pooling immediately after.

I think this will give me the highest chance of making a match between Gree's selection, and my own armor pool as keeping a bunch of legendaries at 1 and trying to take the shot, just isn't going to be effective and I have far too many gaps to cover right now.

Yes, in theory in 2-3 months with proper armor selection and resource management I should be able to take on any boss to 43; however, the goal is to get to that point as soon as possible, ideally (if I get lucky) starting next or maybe two weeks from now.
    Last edited by Revelate; 08-05-2013 at 07:19 PM.
    --Rev

I'm in a similar transition situation and I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that maxing an individual armor and hoping to get lucky with the boss draw, is begging for a long and painful process completely at the mercy of Gree's whimsy.

Here's what I'm intending to try, and if anyone has any advice or suggestions I'd appreciate it:

Basic math off the armor data sheet suggests I can raise two level 70 armors to 45 for the price of one to 70. I'm stuck in the situation where I have more armors than I have time, and trying to raise a level 70 from zero to hero, well, I found this week isn't likely without a bunch of pooled resources which I don't have (yet).

So instead, I'm going to raise a couple: SG in wings, Inf+, DP+ (once I get the stupid place on farm, first test run went incredibly poorly), the Guardian's which is now at 45, and any random boss armors that fufill a niche I can't cover (hopefully plus but...) and beyond that, just pool resources.

Comments off the recent Slimelord thread suggest that with proper friend management even Big 4 level armor is sufficient to hit 43, I don't quite have the friends list they do but mine isn't shoddy either. Interestingly enough, most legendaries at level 50, are right in line with Big 4.

So, for Epic Boss maximization, if I draw a boss where I have a good suit waiting in the 45-50 range, spend the resources to level it quickly, and then start pooling immediately after.

I think this will give me the highest chance of making a match between Gree's selection, and my own armor pool as keeping a bunch of legendaries at 1 and trying to take the shot, just isn't going to be effective and I have far too many gaps to cover right now.

Yes, in theory in 2-3 months with proper armor selection and resource management I should be able to take on any boss to 43; however, the goal is to get to that point as soon as possible, ideally (if I get lucky) starting next or maybe two weeks from now.
    I'd rather get one level 70 armor than 2 level 45 armors. A level 70 armor and good friends(assuming you're matching up decently against the boss) will be able to get to level 43 of the boss. A level 45 armor is barely better than a Big 4 armor and the only benefit is some more elemental combinations. Getting a solid core of friends that are active is the most important thing for cracking the epic boss barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Unresolved View Post
    I'd rather get one level 70 armor than 2 level 45 armors. A level 70 armor and good friends(assuming you're matching up decently against the boss) will be able to get to level 43 of the boss. A level 45 armor is barely better than a Big 4 armor and the only benefit is some more elemental combinations. Getting a solid core of friends that are active is the most important thing for cracking the epic boss barrier.
    I probably didn't make myself clear.

Instead of just maxxing a single 70, and then repeating the exercise, I want to build a staple of 45's (or some breakpoint) with enough resources to push any single one of them to 70 with the release of the boss or within a day or two when it starts to matter.

What I'm hoping to accomplish is spreading my base such that I can respond more effectively to whatever combination Gree gives; this breaks down as I'm not certain I can raise to 70 and have another useful armor to push to 45 in a week, plus pool the requisite resources for next emergency raise, but I do think this shortcuts the time period where I'm simply waiting for Gree to release a boss I can hit hard by giving me more options to be able to accomplish that.

I'm expecting I'm going to have to effectively skip some weeks, but my goal is to keep those weeks as few as possible.
    --Rev

I probably didn't make myself clear.

Instead of just maxxing a single 70, and then repeating the exercise, I want to build a staple of 45's (or some breakpoint) with enough resources to push any single one of them to 70 with the release of the boss or within a day or two when it starts to matter.

What I'm hoping to accomplish is spreading my base such that I can respond more effectively to whatever combination Gree gives; this breaks down as I'm not certain I can raise to 70 and have another useful armor to push to 45 in a week, plus pool the requisite resources for next emergency raise, but I do think this shortcuts the time period where I'm simply waiting for Gree to release a boss I can hit hard by giving me more options to be able to accomplish that.

I'm expecting I'm going to have to effectively skip some weeks, but my goal is to keep those weeks as few as possible.
    Ah, okay. That's a good idea. It gets easier after you get a legendary or two under your belt.

Quote Originally Posted by flchamberlain View Post
    On another topic...does anyone understand how the game chooses arena opponents? I did a couple strings of double-downs on the first night of the current tournament and got myself up around rank 100 or so. It then stuck me fighting "other" rank 100 opponents as my rank dropped below 500. It is VERY slowly giving me lower ranked opponents as I continue to get beat up by people who are currently ranked about where I was a day or two ago. Is it wiser to just not play the arena for the first few days to get easier opponents later on?
    Trying to understand the selection process is an ongoing chore. It is tempting to just skip the area for a while to get 'soft' opponents, then get a bunch of easy double-downs to catch up.

I seem to be able to hover around the 150 mark if I select my opponents carefully, but have slipped to 200 & something because I just can't be bothered to keep checking my options. I'd like to stay in the top 250. Getting into and staying in the top 100 is too much effort. Once I get up around 150 my opponents are in the top 50 and almost all seem to have either Moonplate or Dark Kaleidescope, or both, which makes them near unbeatable.

The higher you are the fewer opponent options the system has to choose from, so you do start seeing the same opponents again and again. If you keep a record of who you can beat, and especially who you can't, you can try for longer double-downs. I usually give up on the DDs half-way through the week because I just can't get beatable opponents without a lot of fuss.

So is the big 4 guaranteed to get you to lvl 43 epic boss and beat it?