Okay, thanks but now my next question is, how can I unlock that quest? Also I followed the auggested armor for blazing tides but I want to know if there is a better knight combo order so I don't have to rely on friends too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash23884 View Post
    Okay, thanks but now my next question is, how can I unlock that quest? Also I followed the auggested armor for blazing tides but I want to know if there is a better knight combo order so I don't have to rely on friends too often.
    You're allowed 10 friends a day and at your level you probably shouldn't invest too many of those into the epic boss fights, so you should have some left over for beating the higher stages of the locations.
    Another helpful tip: ideally you want each level up to happen just before the boss of the furthest location/stage available to you with only one knight still alive, since that will revive and fully heal all your knights. Make sure you watch your XP bar, so you don't waste level ups on farming missions!

Roots quests:
    - Marsh Memories 3 (5 roots) Quest chain leading upto that one: X Marks the Gravestone 1-4, Marsh Memories 1-2
    - Man's Best Friends 3 (10 roots) Quest chainleading upto that one: Soaring Ambitions 1-4, Man's Best Friends 1-2
    - Swamp Swag 1 (18 roots) Quest chain leading upto that one: Complex Combination, Flame On, Flames Rise Higher, Hydra Hunting, Armor Restoration, Pirate Prep, Pirate Power
    - A Mind for Metal 5 (12 roots) Quest chain leading upto that one: "hitting level 55"(?), A mind for Metal 1-4
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Thank you very much, and about the epic boss, I don't use my friends much there unless I know I can beat it. I stop when I know I can't beat it any further that I need gems for it to get even the regular armor. Seems quite unfair not many people can get the plus version without buying gems. Fair game gree, very fair game.

Thank you very much, and about the epic boss, I don't use my friends much there unless I know I can beat it. I stop when I know I can't beat it any further that I need gems for it to get even the regular armor. Seems quite unfair not many people can get the plus version without buying gems. Fair game gree, very fair game.
    Getting to the + version is fairly easy if you have the big 4 maxed and 1 to 2 70+ armors alongside good friends. You don't need gems to get it.
    Knights and Dragons iOS.
    Guild: Rainbow Room
    Main knight's named Aiden.

My friend's list is currently full, i won't be able to accept new players at the moment.

Cheers, my fellow knights!

Yeah but that's only if you have the right element combo for it. Chances are slim to have the right ones for the boss. The 2 lvl 70 plus armors might not be the right one.

Just big n bigger 4 and it's a confirmed farm mode on level 43 bosses

KayOrzz
    aka
    Shikamaru

I'm your source of self-destruction
    Leading on your death's construction
    Come crawling faster
    Your life burns faster

Friend add code : XBB-ZYN-FMC
    LINE id : darthcow

"You're GREEtarded"
    "There is no cure for Stupidity"
    "Bad luck? Sucks to be you"
    "The white milk is stale, come join me and savour the sweetness of chocolate milk"
    "More pew pew, less QQ"

Yeah but that's only if you have the right element combo for it. Chances are slim to have the right ones for the boss. The 2 lvl 70 plus armors might not be the right one.
    True, but making it any easier wouldn't be an option especially with guild boosts. Anyways you'll still be able to get storyline 70+ armors first. Bosses come after that.
    Knights and Dragons iOS.
    Guild: Rainbow Room
    Main knight's named Aiden.

My friend's list is currently full, i won't be able to accept new players at the moment.

Cheers, my fellow knights!

Hmm, well I shouldn't even try to get the craftable boss reward, just the extra armor and gold.i'll aim for the plus after maxing out my big 4 and bigger 4. I'm only lvl 40 with a lvl 30 AA+ and 26 CRIUS+ not even close to getting the LF+ since the phoenix is being an a** dropping mystic cloth and wasting my time. Health regen gets slower each lvl up.

Hmm, well I shouldn't even try to get the craftable boss reward, just the extra armor and gold.i'll aim for the plus after maxing out my big 4 and bigger 4.
    And with an attitude like this is the reason why you will succeed where others have failed. Clap clap.

KayOrzz
    aka
    Shikamaru

Come crawling faster
    Your life burns faster

"You're GREEtarded"
    "The white milk is stale, come join me and savour the sweetness of chocolate milk"
    "More pew pew, less QQ"

Hmm, well I shouldn't even try to get the craftable boss reward, just the extra armor and gold.i'll aim for the plus after maxing out my big 4 and bigger 4. I'm only lvl 40 with a lvl 30 AA+ and 26 CRIUS+ not even close to getting the LF+ since the phoenix is being an a** dropping mystic cloth and wasting my time. Health regen gets slower each lvl up.
    You: "stupid Phoenix, give me Feathers!"
    Me: "Stupid Dark Prince, stop giving me Feathers!"

Health regen stays constant at 1 health per 20 seconds. (3 per minute); it's just that full health gets higher and higher the further you level.
    A way to optimize doing a stage in 2 parts if you don't have any friends to assign:
    - put your Commander in 3rd place behind 2 Followers
    - once your 2 Followers are dead and your Commander has lost as much health as the total health the Followers have, press the X to flee. All your knights heal at the same rate, so that way your Commander will hit full health again at the same time as your followers and you can pick up with 3 full health knights where you left off. If instead you kept fighting until your Commander was also dead, he would probably have had to do something like 45+ more minutes of healing than the Followers.
    (IIRC, knights 1 and 2 won't revive for a "continue" until knight 3 hits 100% health)
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

If only you could give me the extra feathers you get but trading isn't implemented yet, or even going to be implemented.
    Thanks for the tips, now trying to get the plus LF so I can focus on caballero and finally focus on saving up gold and maxing the big 4 all out before sunken carrack. Or I couldnwork my way up whole maxing out my big 4 before misty marsh. Everyone seems hyped to get SS then SS+.

Roc Feathers and Epic Armors

I like all the info I just have a question.

Is the Roc God always stingy in dropping his feathers or am I just unlucky? 10+ kills and 2 feathers.

Should I grind out the +Roc the stats arn't that great? (No sky gaurdian for me still need gems for TF)

I am now able to get the epic boss armors not the + just the normals but are they worth the cost?

Thanks,

Nec
    Epic: Northerner's 99/99, Forgestone 99/99, Snowstorm 99/99, Arclite 99/99, Stalwart 99/99, Beastmasters 99/99
    EB +: To Many to List

Android User WBB CGV HXW
    Level 100+

Quote Originally Posted by Usul View Post
    I agree with Cube. I tried a few fusions to try to get regular SS to get a "head start" for the plus version. But I couldn't bear blowing away more gold so I stopped and focused on mining.

This is purely speculation, but it seemed that I had a better drop rate for the wriggling roots when I had at least one quest active to collect roots. I got all but six mats for both SS and SS+ this way. The last six mats took a lot longer to get! My suggestion is keep the wriggling root/craft SS quests OPEN until you get ALL mats necessary for SS and then SS+.
    If such a beast exists, it's possible only when you still have roots required to complete the quest: I can pretty much anecdotally confirm that with the gathering portion of the quest completed roots sort of suck (armor not crafted).

My experience has been a little different: I actually got a lot of roots over time, I've using the zone for exp farming on my spirit knight (as I have zero useful armor for this toon for Haunted, just a waste of health trying it). In fact, for two days straight I received virtually nothing but roots with the quest active; however, I *might* have needed roots at that time to complete the quest through part of it, I honestly wasn't tracking it that carefully as strangely enough I actually was looking for the undercard hydra scales without having to go back to the Desert.

Now though, with the quest still active (but no more roots required, crafting another SS is just a waste of time and resources for me, to be done when I get a 3rd or 4th AS and don't have a 70 to level sooner rather than later), yesterday's and today's haul I can see what everyone's been complaining about: 3 x hydra scales every single drop.

Either this game goes in streaks or they quietly nerfed drop rates in normal (as my Snakeskin farming rate in normal mode has been abysmal since yesterday too, not sure); I think the former is more likely than the latter. Sadly though for a blanket confirmation that quests being active help, I rather doubt it. Certainly wasn't the case with Phoenix feather farming as Crash has been complaining about for me .
    --Rev

Think of grinding mats as a way of leveling up and you will have found your "purpose". God knows how many people try to take the expensive shortcut and still ask questions like "where's the best place to level up in?" They've in fact found it but were too blind to notice.
    Last edited by KayOrzz; 08-03-2013 at 11:24 AM.

KayOrzz
    aka
    Shikamaru

Come crawling faster
    Your life burns faster

"You're GREEtarded"
    "More pew pew, less QQ"

which is better: HH+ or LF+?

now i have crius+ and atlantean+ and i want to lvl up only one more of the big four