Hello guys, I know that it is better to use the same element armor to upgrade but does using the + version make a different?

Example would be using fire armor + instead of fire armor to upgrade my hydra armor.

If it is better to use + armor to upgrade should I get all the basic element armor to the + stage? Should I also get the next armor tier to the + stage also?

Quote Originally Posted by hydesd2 View Post
    newb question.. for my lower tier armor the basic ones should i just be crafting as many of the same types (earth, water etc) and keep using them to upgrade? or is it not worth it to upgrade them? Thanks for the info
    You can use basic armors of the same type to enhance an armor with a matching element to get most of EP otherwise you will get less EP (about 20% less) if you're using it to enhance a non-matching element.

Most veteran player would suggest to you that you can keep using basic armor to upgrade an armor then switch to uncommon armor to upgrade and then to rare armor for upgrade and/or use fusion stones. See for an example below. Assuming time and/or gold is not issue with you.

Leveling Atlantean Avenger Armor (i.e. AA for abbreviation for this armor)

Level 1 to 15 - you would use 4 basic wind armor or 4 basic water armor

Then you stop at level 15 to unlock the "plus" version of Atlantean Avenger Armor. Craft the "plus" version of AA.

Leveling AA+ has higher stats growth than the regular version.

Lvl 1 to 20 or 25 - you would use 4 basic wind armor or 4 basic water armor.

Lvl 25 to 35 - you would use 4 uncommon wind or water armor.
    OR
    Lvl 25 to 50 - you would use 4 Snakeskin armor or 4 uncommon wind or water armor.

To craft one Basic armor takes about 5 minutes and 300 gold.

To craft one Uncommon armor takes about 30 minutes and 500 gold.

To craft one Snakeskin armor takes about 2 hours and 3000 gold.

Hopes this helps !
    K&D (iOS):
    Current Level: 153
    IGN: Cloud
    Code: XBB-CDM-VCY
    Maxed armors: All Ancient Dragons Armors (plus version), SB+, BKal+, AS+, AoftB+, HB+, AoftF+, RM+(62), WR+(54), SP+(61)

In progress: Future Weekly Epic Bosses
    Data: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Quote Originally Posted by Gittt View Post
    Hello guys, I know that it is better to use the same element armor to upgrade but does using the + version make a different?

Example would be using fire armor + instead of fire armor to upgrade my hydra armor.

If it is better to use + armor to upgrade should I get all the basic element armor to the + stage? Should I also get the next armor tier to the + stage also?
    As far as I know, using a regular or "plus" version, say fire armor, would still yield 6 EP to a matching element when upgrading an armor.
    K&D (iOS):
    Maxed armors: All Ancient Dragons Armors (plus version), SB+, BKal+, AS+, AoftB+, HB+, AoftF+, RM+(62), WR+(54), SP+(61)

For materials like Hydra Scales, do I have to kill the boss with the attack special? On the material list, it doesn't list the drop as "boss", so does that mean it's just the boss's regular drop without killing it with an attack special? I've gotten the crimson dragon scales twice now when I've killed it with the special.

As for the question with + armor, the + means it's the upgraded version of the armor (receives better stats per level and higher max level stats), and whenever you use it as a piece to enhance another armor, you get the level of the +armor, subtract 1, and that gets added as enhancement points towards the armor you're enhancing. Example, you use Seafoam+ level 11 to enhance Atlantean Avenger+, you get an extra 10 enhancement points from the Seafoam+ (for it being a +, you get a transfer of enhancement points. A regular Seafoam armor, without the +, does not yield you an extra 10 towards the armor you want to enhance).
    Last edited by SoloStar; 07-15-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirro View Post
    Level 1 to 15 - you would use 4 basic wind armor or 4 basic water armor
    Small note to prevent confusion: for ex 3 basic wind and 1 basic water would be fine too. Not all 4 armors need the same element, they just need to match (at least one element) to one of the elements of the armor you're enhancing to get the full effect.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Quote Originally Posted by SoloStar View Post
    For materials like Hydra Scales, do I have to kill the boss with the attack special? On the material list, it doesn't list the drop as "boss", so does that mean it's just the boss's regular drop without killing it with an attack special? I've gotten the crimson dragon scales twice now when I've killed it with the special.
    No, normal attack drops would be fire or water shards.
    Later bosses just have 2 types of special attack drops: their own and those of an earlier boss. (Heck, that started at Gorgon dropping Stone Slabs in addition to Snakeskin Leather)
    I'm currently in a similar situation: Swamp Kraken is trolling me by giving about 1/3rd Wriggling Roots and 2/3rds Hydra Scales on Normal stage...
    If you team is strong enough, playing on the higher stages should give you a higher percentage Hydra Scales over Crimson Dragon Scales.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Yeah, I'm getting trolled too. I'm only advancing when I have friends available while farming/arena/enhancing between, so it kind of sucks to not get the drops I need. As for the 2 items drop rate, the other bosses (besides Gorgon since it's easy to notice when you farm I guess) haven't trolled me at all so I haven't noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_ View Post
    Small note to prevent confusion: for ex 3 basic wind and 1 basic water would be fine too. Not all 4 armors need the same element, they just need to match (at least one element) to one of the elements of the armor you're enhancing to get the full effect.
    Good catch !
    K&D (iOS):

advice on whats next

im currently level 87 with the big 4+ and at level 50.
    I am at the mighty stage on the kingdom of darkness.
    All my training fields are fully upgraded and i have have over 50 gems and 51 fusion stars.
    i have never got a + version on a epic boss yet cuz its hard to fit in that many fights in only couple days.
    should i try and get infernal lord+, maybe is there something i should be trying to fuse to get and then upgrade it to +, or use gems on chests to get something and upgrade it or can u actually just get a + version from a chest, or lastly only focus on epic boss +

Quote Originally Posted by gatman003 View Post
    im currently level 87 with the big 4+ and at level 50.
    I am at the mighty stage on the kingdom of darkness.
    All my training fields are fully upgraded and i have have over 50 gems and 51 fusion stars.
    i have never got a + version on a epic boss yet cuz its hard to fit in that many fights in only couple days.
    should i try and get infernal lord+, maybe is there something i should be trying to fuse to get and then upgrade it to +, or use gems on chests to get something and upgrade it or can u actually just get a + version from a chest, or lastly only focus on epic boss +
    Farm the mats to get Infernal+. Don't bother trying to fuse for it. You won't be able to defeat level 43 of an epic boss with the Big 4 unless you're in a top guild.

Question i was wondering if there is a list of possible armor combos to fuse 4star armors

is there such a list? at least is there a complete (or nearly so) one? ive seen several that were sad, incomplete nuisances. btw add WBB-CRQ-QFM id really like the rewards. thnx.

Quote Originally Posted by hungerdowns View Post
    is there such a list? at least is there a complete (or nearly so) one? ive seen several that were sad, incomplete nuisances. btw add WBB-CRQ-QFM id really like the rewards. thnx.
    Theer is no reliable way to fuse 4* armors, don't waste your fusion stones trying. Even if you could fuse them, theyd be regular versions and not worth enhancing.

Get your 4* armors by fighting the Epic Bosses. Better still, wait until you can beat 43 levels, craft one set and level it to 35, then craft the +version with the remaining materials. This is the only 4* armor you will want to level to 70 and use against future Epic Bosses.

Which armors should I prioritze in levelilng?

Hi Guys,

I have a small collection of 4* armors but I'm not entirely sure whether there is a preference for leveling one specific armor or if I should just level whatever armor works best against the current epic?

Here are my current armor sets, any advice as to what priority order they should be leveled in would be great thanks.

Armor name (current lvl)
    Admiral + (25)
    Eldritch (11)
    Horrible wurm + (40)
    Jian (25)
    Pyromancer (5)
    Armor of Boreas (1)
    Armor of Eurus (16)
    Deep Dragon (1)
    Half Dragon (27)
    JAckalope (27)
    Mantle of the Beast (51)
    Wanderer Shroud (1)

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgangs246 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have a small collection of 4* armors but I'm not entirely sure whether there is a preference for leveling one specific armor or if I should just level whatever armor works best against the current epic?

Here are my current armor sets, any advice as to what priority order they should be leveled in would be great thanks.

Armor name (current lvl)
    Admiral + (25)
    Eldritch (11)
    Horrible wurm + (40)
    Jian (25)
    Pyromancer (5)
    Armor of Boreas (1)
    Armor of Eurus (16)
    Deep Dragon (1)
    Half Dragon (27)
    JAckalope (27)
    Mantle of the Beast (51)
    Wanderer Shroud (1)

Thanks in advance.
    None of the above imho

KayOrzz
    aka
    Shikamaru

I'm your source of self-destruction
    Leading on your death's construction
    Come crawling faster
    Your life burns faster

Friend add code : XBB-ZYN-FMC
    LINE id : darthcow

"You're GREEtarded"
    "There is no cure for Stupidity"
    "Bad luck? Sucks to be you"
    "The white milk is stale, come join me and savour the sweetness of chocolate milk"
    "More pew pew, less QQ"

Quote Originally Posted by KayOrzz View Post
    None of the above imho
    Seriously? None? Not one of them is worth leveling to 70? Geez. I thought my sets would be bad but I didn't think they would be THAT bad.

Ok what would be a good armor set to target to craft then? I know that armor sets become redundant over time because of the constant of introduction of higher specced sets. So does this mean I should try and unlock the + version of one of the current 4 epic dragons and focus on leveling that one?