why lvl big 4 armor?

So many people say to level the plus versions of big 4 but I don't understand why. I have 5 epic armors, all regular around level 50, not plus. I beat all levels, kill epics 15x to unlock armor with no friends. Are plus versions of big 4 better than regular epics? I

Quote Originally Posted by jbreezy View Post
    So many people say to level the plus versions of big 4 but I don't understand why. I have 5 epic armors, all regular around level 50, not plus. I beat all levels, kill epics 15x to unlock armor with no friends. Are plus versions of big 4 better than regular epics? I
    No lol.. The Big Four used to be good armors to have at a low level. They're outdated now (but still useful if you don't spend gems).
    no

Quote Originally Posted by Sent View Post
    No lol.. The Big Four used to be good armors to have at a low level. They're outdated now (but still useful if you don't spend gems).
    The big 4 are SO much easier to max than a EB armor though that there's really no reason not to have a set of them. It's the bigger 4 that's now outdated imo.

Quote Originally Posted by hoticehunter View Post
    The big 4 are SO much easier to max than a EB armor though that there's really no reason not to have a set of them. It's the bigger 4 that's now outdated imo.
    I wasn't saying they're terrible but still. And anyways, regular EB armors are better at a low level than any of the maxed big four are.

EDIT:
    You need to get the regular Rare armor to level 15 before being able to craft the +.
    You need 291 xp to get to level 15. Then you need 1,501 xp to get to level 50 (from level 1) for the +.
    1,792 xp needed to max a big four armor.
    You need 1,742 xp to get a Legendary to level 36.
    Let's use Atlantean Avenger Armor in this example. It's combined total for the + is 1,523 (746/777).
    Now let's use Nian Wargear (the most recent water/air EB). I'll use the stats at level 35 (because I could only find a level 35 picture on the wiki). The combined total at 35 is 1600 (684/916). Slightly lower attack, much higher defence. Then with Nian Wargear (Let's assume you can't get to level 43 to get EB+ anyways), you can still enhance it towards level 70, whereas with one of the Big Four, you're already maxed with slightly lower stats.

Maybe I was wrong with what I said about EB armor being better at a lower level (well it is slightly better), but if you can fuse an EB armor, it's definitely a better option than a Big Four armor.
    If you can't beat the EB 15 times, than yeah, the Big Four is a better option.

Idk why I decided to do this but yeyeye.
    Last edited by Sent; 02-15-2014 at 11:02 AM.
    no

But what are your knights wearing until you can reliably kill bosses x15? And even then it takes a couple of weeks to get an EB armor for every knight let alone max them. I guess every one will end up just maxing all "big 4" anyway . Also as backup armors when you want a certain element.

Hi,
    I'm a new player at level 35 and I'm working to max big 4 (1 at 50 e other 3 at 25) and now i think I will able to kill EB 15 times for first time (I have very few high level friend...).
    I understand i should first use EB in place of big 4 and then? I'm a bit confused...I read i should work on bigger 4 but now i read here they are outdated, so? I have jump bigger, craft some EB armor and then just start fusing and hoping in a good luck?
    Please I need some hints...
    Thank you

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Xamyr View Post
    Hi,
    I'm a new player at level 35 and I'm working to max big 4 (1 at 50 e other 3 at 25) and now i think I will able to kill EB 15 times for first time (I have very few high level friend...).
    I understand i should first use EB in place of big 4 and then? I'm a bit confused...I read i should work on bigger 4 but now i read here they are outdated, so? I have jump bigger, craft some EB armor and then just start fusing and hoping in a good luck?
    Please I need some hints...
    Thank you

Max
    Bigger Four will take too long to get. Too many wasted resources. If you get an EB, upgrade that until you can replace your Big Four armors. Like Konny said, you can keep the Big Four after to use as backup (in case you need the elements) for other EB/whatever.
    no

Thank you for answer.
    And after EB? I should try fusion with 2+ gold stars armor? I'm not spending so I'm wondering if I have just to count on fusion or something else...

Max

Thank you for answer.
    And after EB? I should try fusion with 2+ gold stars armor? I'm not spending so I'm wondering if I have just to count on fusion or something else...

Max
    Just fuse whatever. Just make sure you fuse two armors of the same rarity (e.g. Two silver stars, two 3*, etc).
    I'd save all 3* and spare 4* until you have a lot of them and just have a mass fusing session. Fuse all the 3* with each other, then fuse all the 4* with each other. Make sure you fuse armors together that'll make an epic. Most combinations should, but don't go for Moontide.

Remember:
    Bronze* + Bronze* = 1*
    Silver* + Silver* = 1*/2*
    1* + 1* = 1*/2*/3*
    2* + 2* = 1*/2*/3*/4*
    3* + 3* = 2*/3*/4*/5*
    4* + 4* = 3*/4*/5*
    Don't fuse 5* unless you have a lot of multiples lol
    no

thank you for the help, now i can plan my work
    I'm curious, why i should avoid moontide?

Max

thank you for the help, now i can plan my work
    I'm curious, why i should avoid moontide?

Max
    Worst epic. It's basically a Legendary+. Just wait until the next Spirit/Water EB is released, and the + version of that will probably be as good or better.
    You can go for it though. It's all up to you.

EDIT: I'm just saying that you can save your spirit armors for Forgestone and Beastmaster, and save your water armors for Northerner's, Arborsteel, and Maelstrom.
    Last edited by Sent; 02-15-2014 at 05:21 PM.
    no

EB+ armor are beyond my possibilities and will be so for muuuuuch time...
    I still haven't managed to kill 15 times EB so i see 43 (the number of kill i think you need for + version) very very far...
    With big four maxed i could kill EB at least for normal version? I don't have many high level friends and so i have to count on my knights...

Max

EB+ armor are beyond my possibilities and will be so for muuuuuch time...
    I still haven't managed to kill 15 times EB so i see 43 (the number of kill i think you need for + version) very very far...
    With big four maxed i could kill EB at least for normal version? I don't have many high level friends and so i have to count on my knights...

Max
    Yeah go for maxing the Big Four then. Also, try going on the leaderboards for arena/EB and sending a bunch of friend requests. And pm me your friend code and I'll add you (if you're on android).
    no

Thank you Sent for all the help!
    Unfortunately I'm an iOS user

Max

The powerful friends are very, very important. I would not have achieved my Level 43 EB without them.
    Michael Chan
    DN StMichael, WBB-YWQ-BXZ
    Commander, Dark Nights
    http://www.senseimichael.com