Feature Proposal!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Should we have a video feature?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Idea

18 18.75%
  • Bad Idea

78 81.25%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature Proposal!

Feature Proposal!

How would you like a feature that allows you to upload video of your action in game to a site like YouTube? This way you could show off your victories against rivals or easily show any bugs you find or any number of other things.
    https://www.facebook.com/RPGMonsterQuest

Post Count
    I guess it could help. MAYBE
    1 thing I really hate.

1. Stealing tonyspaghettti's sig idea.

Post Count
    I think the server is slow enough already. Video would only make it worse.

Post Count
    Not really necessary. I'd rather the time and resources were used on other things. It would probably only be used as a novelty a couple of times by the various gangs beating each other senseless, best case scenario. Worst case scenario it's used by cheaters blowing their own horns and promoting it, or as a show case for any glitches. I'm not sure why you want people to be videoing bugs.
    Someday - and that day my never come, I'll call upon you to do a favour for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift.

Post Count
    ONLY IF we would be able to speak into our mic on out phone to record sound. that way, we could explain the cheater's details easier while showing you.
    I haven't played since 2012... I heard there was inflation since, lol.
    NAME LVL BONUS INCOME ATT : DEF
    MW Dreno33 60 UK 3XX,XXX,XXX 66,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX : 68,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX
    CC TheDreno33 62 Tycoon 70,XXX,XXX 9,XXX,XXX,XXX : 7,XXX,XXX,XXX
    GREE bought Funzio's games for $210 Million! Why?
    I downloaded it for free!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferianism View Post
    Not really necessary. I'd rather the time and resources were used on other things. It would probably only be used as a novelty a couple of times by the various gangs beating each other senseless, best case scenario. Worst case scenario it's used by cheaters blowing their own horns and promoting it, or as a show case for any glitches. I'm not sure why you want people to be videoing bugs.
    I agree with this as place for cheaters to show off there skills and rub our faces in it. soon as there acct gets banned they just hack and make a new one and do it all over again

Post Count
    Yes, I think it would be great. Sometimes it's nice to show off all your hard work.
    "Death is the only Truth, everything else is a lie that needs to be Challenged" ~me

CC 713 326 852

Post Count
    Too many other valid issues ongoing that needs resources directed to them. Fix those in the pipeline first, address customer concerns, then allocate resources to new projects.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    What in game action? Play is mostly static pics - your hood, event items won, etc. That lends itself more to posting pics & notifications on Facebook, not a YouTube video.

As for "showing bugs" ... You appear to be suggesting that we'd use a secondary website to inform Gree of bugs & problems instead of sending a ticket outlining the problem (and sending pics along with the message if needed) directly to the company. Is there any reason that customer service or engineering needs to see video of the issue to understand what the player is talking about? Time and resources for all could be better utilized.

Having said all of this, I do appreciate that you're thinking of different ways to improve play & the forum. Maybe just start with simpler, more direct things that improve player-company communications & responsiveness to problems.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    At this point, I'd rather see things that make gameplay more enjoyable (new buildings, respect items, etc.) Since the game is relatively static, there isn't much that seems to be doable with video. My guess is the community would grow bored with this feature relatively quickly (and would make the servers more apt to crash).

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAZ View Post
    Too many other valid issues ongoing that needs resources directed to them. Fix those in the pipeline first, address customer concerns, then allocate resources to new projects.
    x1

SAS 4 Life

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I don't think its really necessary. Spend the time creating events that are more fair, even for non gold users.

Post Count
    Not necessary I dont think.

The game does not have much action as such. Its a number crunching game. Its not like FIFA where you want people to see your goals etc.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    as most said, we dont need that kind of feature to keep us interested, get rid of the cheaters in first place. check ur pm plz Mark
    lvl: 250
    atk: 17m+ @ 230 mafia
    iph: 14m

ID 431 445 807

Post Count
    I know I'm going slightly off topic - but you mention to show off your victories... so I'm assuming you guys want to look at a way to have more "gang fighting" abilities... and having more of way to rub in a win...

Anyways - I use to play a FB game called mobsters (I think?) and it had 2 awesome features that I think would go a long way in this game:

1) a health bar... so you could get killed... if you die you can't attack.
    2) attack people that leave comments on your wall... so if you're going to trash talk... you can get attacked - not only by that persons profile - but by anyone that visits that wall...

So lets say I leave a nasty msg on CK Gwiz's wall but I'm twice as powerful as him - well Baroness can attack me via that comment I left on the wall...

This would make having a "gang" MUCH more useful....

Indian Groupie
    A/D 15k/15k | IPH $80k | LVL173 | 499er