What if Gree sponsored an event to help several charities?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if Gree sponsored an event to help several charities?

Banned
    Post Count

Exclamation What if Gree sponsored an event to help several charities?

What is Gree would donate a percentage of their sales to several charitable causes?

You could choose how your donation would be applied.

Maybe 2%, 3%, or some percentage of your purchases for a WD event could be donated to hunger causes, disease research, domestic violence abuse victims, wounded veterans, or other good charitable causes?

Heck, factions could pledge donations based upon their WD point totals, or some other criteria.

Just a thought how we could all do something productive and useful while playing a game.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Lol, like Gree(d) cares about anything but its own profits.

Post Count
    Interesting proposal, definitely make for some positive PR.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Great idea!

Lurker
    Post Count

Close to GREEs home.

Perhaps a charity involved in assisting relief efforts for the 2011 Tsunami that affected Japan would be considered?

Banned
    Post Count
    it's a great idea. What was the reaction so far?

Post Count
    very honorable thought but come on, lol....tis be the gree man we are talking about. check out bloomington and do a search for Gree. kind of an interesting read

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Don't quite understand why it's such a good idea. Why not ask McD or Papa Johns to do the same rather than give us a pizza with unlimited toppings for 9.99 after the Redskins win? If you have such a bleeding heart, make a direct donation yourself. No need to ask others to do this.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    NO WAY. This may add a level of legitimacy to what is essentially a gambling/ addictive rewards base game. Some people can handle this game, for others it can cause massive social personal problems by not controlling their addictive behaviors and therefore the father or mother of the family blowing the grocery bill or this weeks rent on the game.

In Australia, we have a thing called "community clubs". Governments relaxed laws permitting gambling through poker machines (Not sure if Americans call them slots?). Anyway, they caught on and they are a cancer in the poorer suburbs of sydney. They justify their existence by supporting local sports clubs, (their legitimacy), and harp on about this over and over. In reality, their help to the community is about 2-3% total revenues. I know families who have been destroyed by poker machines and their legitimacy makes me sick. Gree is a business. I hope for those who cannot set themselves limits and boundaries and spend too much, have the proper help they need

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by WI(AusNz) View Post
    NO WAY. This may add a level of legitimacy to what is essentially a gambling/ addictive rewards base game. Some people can handle this game, for others it can cause massive social personal problems by not controlling their addictive behaviors and therefore the father or mother of the family blowing the grocery bill or this weeks rent on the game.

In Australia, we have a thing called "community clubs". Governments relaxed laws permitting gambling through poker machines (Not sure if Americans call them slots?). Anyway, they caught on and they are a cancer in the poorer suburbs of sydney. They justify their existence by supporting local sports clubs, (their legitimacy), and harp on about this over and over. In reality, their help to the community is about 2-3% total revenues. I know families who have been destroyed by poker machines and their legitimacy makes me sick. Gree is a business. I hope for those who cannot set themselves limits and boundaries and spend too much, have the proper help they need
    You make an excellent point. My thoughts exactly.

If Gree were to attempt to circumvent possible legal regulation of their games, they probably would want to add an element of legitimacy to their games. What better way to do that than winning the hearts and minds of the general public.

Banned
    Post Count
    I have tried to pitch it locally, but I am afraid it won't work

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PIRATE JUSTICE View Post
    What is Gree would donate a percentage of their sales to several charitable causes?

You could choose how your donation would be applied.

Maybe 2%, 3%, or some percentage of your purchases for a WD event could be donated to hunger causes, disease research, domestic violence abuse victims, wounded veterans, or other good charitable causes?

Heck, factions could pledge donations based upon their WD point totals, or some other criteria.

Just a thought how we could all do something productive and useful while playing a game.
    Every company especially the size of Gree gives a good amount away to charity's each year. It's not that they are good people its for tax right offs and good PR. Even the Gates foundations although it does really good things, there is a hidden agenda behind there work in Africa

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    There are also a lot of charities that I personally wouldn't give the time of day to. Not because I don't agree with the causes, but due to the way they're run and how much donated money is wasted on advertising and "administration". A lot are run more as a business than a true charity organisation. Then there are the plain fraudulent ones.
    If I want to give money to a charity then I will do so directly and choose which one(s) I find worthy of my money without expecting anything in return.

Post Count
    Your best post PJ. I think that'd be a great idea, and people would probably end up spending more.

Of course the charities would have to be carefully selected.

Banned
    Post Count
    I am just looking for a buyers market to sell my white gold to, come to me!