Rival's List: Everyone ok with it now? - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rival's List: Everyone ok with it now?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The worst part of all this is that from reading through this thread is seems some still have the old rival's list. Some that have two accounts actually have one of each. How did this occur? Not trying to stir the pot, but was the new rivals list distributed like the casualty advantage randomly. I miss out on the casualty advantage but am lucky enough to receive the crummy new rivals list. If so boo-hoo me, I never have any luck with this game.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Like the others posting here, I used to have no trouble finding rivals I could beat. Now, it is at be 1 in 10 people in my rivals list, and even then I just barely beat them, with significant casualties. What was wrong with the old system? Under the new system it seems to be impossible to get any stronger relative to your rivals, since you just get matched up against stronger people. What's the point of doing anything to make yourself stronger? No matter what you do you'll always be average.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I like Theifs idea.. My thing is that I'm never attacked by a player that is at my level all that attacks me are level 250 players with 500+ allies. I'm 90 levels lower and around 450 allies. My rival list just recently went all over the place now whereas I would only see rivals within 5 to 6 levels of me. The other small variable in this is those players with bonuses that brings the rivals less allies to battle. Either way it still gets confusing sometimes and the level of player doesn't necessarily matter it's the stats they carry. On a few occasions now I've attacked with 180k attack and lost to a 120k def... So it appears that things are all over the place....or best yet is finding a rival that is in your faction and an ally...I could see a non faction rival be an ally but both? It's kinda like the square rectangle effect... Or how does the attack actually work because I find that when I attack after 12 hits the player becomes "to weak to battle" but yet I've been attacked 40+ times by one player in one attack. Is that a hack, glitch or just normal?
    Last edited by Yankster; 04-11-2013 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Add

Lurker
    Post Count
    They were probably trying to add more in the mix. I would consistently see the same players all the time. So if you have an active player then they are going to see the same person attacking them over and over and over again. Then they are not picking on them, it is probably just one of the few names that they are able to beat in PVP.

I find many people that have 100 or more allies than me and I can attack them easily.

Post Count
    I agree with Thief's method. Keep it simple

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    If your having problem drop or bring your allies to 499 that seams to be a good mix of high and low stat players. You have to be carful in those waters there are some crazy players hiding and waiting. Trust. Me.
    Attack: three fifty
    Defense : 3.50
    Iph: tree fifty

Banned
    Post Count
    I can't stand this system. I have a camper that's level 31, with 12 or so allies, ~6.2k atk / 5.6k def. With the previous system, I'd only be attacked by people with ~25 allies or less, which is fine as I can contend with them. Now, I've been attacked by people with over 450 allies.. I'm honestly not concerned with what level these people are, it's their alliance size that's really killing me. Also, the higher alliance players don't show up in my rivals list; that's not the problem. It's that they can see me on their list.

Personally, I've never had a problem finding rivals to fight. It could be due to my level, alliance, etc., but I truly don't think I've ever attacked the same person twice, and I can't imagine anyone around my level / mafia having a problem with it. With that in mind, there's really no need to change something that isn't broken. I understand at higher levels, it may be slightly harder to find adequate rivals without picking on the same person, but I can almost guarantee people with low level and low mafia have never had any complaints.

I'd prefer to still be able to add mafia at my own leisure as I gain more items, instead of just maxing it because Gree has decided to pigeon-hole me into doing so. This makes no sense, and hopefully it gets reverted back soon, because I'm hemorrhaging money to people with 10x - 40x my mafia count.

Please fix this terrible mistake you have made Gree.

Post Count
    Roll the servers back for this too.
    Big Fish, Small Pond.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by olka View Post
    Roll the servers back for this too.
    Agreed!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD@wg View Post
    Curious how a player can be expected to adapt bringing for example 500 units to battle against someone that brings 2000 units to battle when level constrains the maximum allowable number of allies?

The solution is NOT to buy more gold.
    If the player is limited by level constraints and can only bring 500 units to battle, then he is level 25, he wont be seen by players of level 100+ bringing 2000 allies.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I sent in a ticket on this subject (a lot of strong people in my rival list all of the sudden) and today I got a response saying that they are aware of this problem and are in the process of fixing it! Let's hope!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DunkNL View Post
    I sent in a ticket on this subject (a lot of strong people in my rival list all of the sudden) and today I got a response saying that they are aware of this problem and are in the process of fixing it! Let's hope!
    Sounds promising. Let's hope so.

Lurker
    Post Count

No I'm not happy with it

Just keeping the thread at the top, most of my losses (5 out of 9 now) have come from people with at least 2x the number of allies as me, since I don't attack/raid it has to be that they can see me but I can't see them. Wish we could at least get some info on this.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    My rival's list has just gotten even worse than before last Friday. I have not leveled up nor increased allies, but have won several event rewards and now my list is even tougher and getting attacked constantly by players ranked 5 - 15 levels above me. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Banned
    Post Count
    And so the scam by GREE begins