Improved Casualty Rates - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Improved Casualty Rates

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Gree admin thanks for making a effort but this is still not good enough. You changed the rules in the middle of the game which is wrong. You encourage players to pray on the weak which is not fair or sporting. You make all my hard won valor units the first to be picked off which is exasperating. These play balance adjustments that make the very basis of competition blatantly slanted to wringing money out of your loyal base makes me feel used for throwing away $50 to $100 per battle. All so you can attrite my valor units and force me to go gold or go away. If you changed the balance to attrite the meat shields too i might have believed you were make a strategy balance adjustment. mBut if appears you want to get rid of loyal players who used the competitive balance you had for many months. For what reason. I don't buy the yes yes no no explanation. I really have to do some soul searching to support this blatantly greedy change. You made some fantastic enjoyable improvement to the game with factions and the other interesting events between battles. Please fix this grievous and greedy error in judgement on unit attrition. I love my faction mates as almost everyone else obviously does but this is hard to accept. Please fix it and keep it fixed.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Soccerfossil View Post
    Gree admin thanks for making a effort but this is still not good enough. You changed the rules in the middle of the game which is wrong. You encourage players to pray on the weak which is not fair or sporting. You make all my hard won valor units the first to be picked off which is exasperating. These play balance adjustments that make the very basis of competition blatantly slanted to wringing money out of your loyal base makes me feel used for throwing away $50 to $100 per battle. All so you can attrite my valor units and force me to go gold or go away. If you changed the balance to attrite the meat shields too i might have believed you were make a strategy balance adjustment. mBut if appears you want to get rid of loyal players who used the competitive balance you had for many months. For what reason. I don't buy the yes yes no no explanation. I really have to do some soul searching to support this blatantly greedy change. You made some fantastic enjoyable improvement to the game with factions and the other interesting events between battles. Please fix this grievous and greedy error in judgement on unit attrition. I love my faction mates as almost everyone else obviously does but this is hard to accept. Please fix it and keep it fixed.
    Do you have a higher casualty rate or are you upset with what i would call an extremely low casualty rate compared to what i've experienced during the whole time i've played the game (probably longer than most of you). 1 casualty in 10+ fights is nothing in comparison. What is the point of gold units and casualty ratings (low/medium/high) if nothing was dying for you guys? The game was not balanced, this is a huge step up from what it was before. Honestly, it is still not balanced, because us with casualties had a year and a half of losses while the others received near zero. I can understand some of the complaints before when switching from zero to 1-3 every fight, but at the current rate, it's nothing to complain about.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    JMC that is a good point but I developed a strategy to avoid the high casualty rate I also experienced. Then all the rules of the game were changed and that is my gripe. If you had used the same strategy I used you would not have high casualties. It was a grind to advance my strength and build deep stacks of the strongest unit i could afford as i grew in strength compared to my peers. So am I missing something about the previous high casualties. I think it was a result of reckless tactics.

Post Count
    Personally I don't think this is still right. I have just woken up to find I am down 4k in stats, then while attacking & raiding players much lower than myself to reduce casualties I noticed I was still losing units however on checking the result screen for the other player I didn't see any of them lose a unit.

This is not me bit ching, this happened! I am only saying what I have just experienced.

Post Count
    JMC that is a good point but I developed a strategy to avoid the high casualty rate I also experienced. Then all the rules of the game were changed and that is my gripe. If you had used the same strategy I used you would not have high casualties. It was a grind to advance my strength and build deep stacks of the strongest unit i could afford as i grew in strength compared to my peers. So am I missing something about the previous high casualties. I think it was a result of reckless tactics.
    The previous high casualties was just a difference in the casualty rate between two groups of people. We've investigated this many times, especially when it first came out and there was absolutely nothing special whatsoever about any of the players' armies/bases/skill points that were experiencing extremely low casualties.

Lurker
    Post Count

Casualties

Well I'm still losing my top end stuff whilst raiding and attacking and I can't get enough money from those raids or attacks to cover my losses so what should I do? Play a game and wait for ages for the money to come if from my buildings to buy land and build/upgrade? Would love to but it's gonna take ages!! The fun in this game is raiding and attacking which I can't really do now as bankruptcy and a total loss of an army will follow rather swiftly me thinks!!! For me the fun is not the same and is very disappointing as you start off on one road then the rules change and now its completely different.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    JMC Thanks for the empirical feedback. I expected flames. I can see you have been on this game quite a bit longer than me so I respect your opinion for that. I too heard from some others that they had high casualties and I tried to find the reason and still don't see a plausible explanation. I knew I build my army carefully picking some deep stacks of the highest valor and play money units I could afford as I progressed in level, avoided fights with players who were stronger or could go more often than my situation allowed. I could see my friends with high casualties had higher level and more krap units and assumed all that was the difference. That worked until China. So I and everyone I talk to in game have my same opinion of the unit lose increase since China. Even the ones who had more unit lose than me before. The people on the forums who are ok with the change appear to be established gold fingers and this will only make them stronger. So waiting for a resolution and seeing little plausible explanation rips me in half because I really want to support my guild mates and move forward but I feel cheated and ripped off. This is a great game until the rules keep changing.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Thanks Gree looks like unit lose is close to pre China levels for me now. Thank you for reading... If you are reading. I will soon go to the store for iTunes cards so wife won't keep asking what is this on the credit card

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Are you sure the casualty rate was LOWERED? Since the announcement, I have again started losing Brigand Lightning units AND am now also losing for the first time, Transport Raiders - which had a very low 0.90% casualty rate BEFORE Gree reduced the casualty rates of all units. I really have to question if there is something upside down in the casualty calculations, particularly when taking into account the odd results we all see in our bonus sections & anecdotal evidence not just that the infirmary doesn't work, but that it may actually increase casualties.
    KA: nic/Emerald Dragon-BGK 770-309-844 (HLP)
    BLACK GRYPHON'S KNIGHTS (BGK), Officer, War Commander [battles 1-3]
    Guild Invite Code #400849072 [1:1 KakaoTalk ID nic4msu to apply]
    #4 Giant's Alley; #22 Darkhome (Boycott); #3 Dwarven Mines; #4 Blighted Woods,
    #3 Dragon's Roost

MW: nic 383-736-295 (HLP)
    Elites United (ELU), Leader, Faction #428827514 [to apply: PM nic4msu, add 383-736-295]
    #63 Madagascar, #42 Columbia, #37 Ireland, #70 China, #42 Egypt, #73 Greenland,
    #68 Brazil

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I can understand why you would be upset as it is no fun when the rules change mid-stride after lots of time, work, and real money have been spent adapting to the game as it was. As the wise JMC put it, this has been investigated for a really long time and it has nothing to do with one's superior strategy or anything like that. There were 2 different games being played. The reason that the normal players had lesser units than the ones with the casualty advantage glitch since they are easier to replace when you lose on order of a minimum of 1-3 units every attack/raid regardless of strength of opponent, skill points. There have been lots of well respected senior members that have spent a lot of time and research investigating these matters. Part of the reason why you are probably losing your better units is that you are taking so many of them into battle. The more you have of a particular unit that you take into battle the greater the likelihood of losing said unit even if if it has a very low consumption rate, which would make since as that is how odds and probabilities work. But on that note I do feel your gripe is warranted as the game you had been preparing for is now different. But also think how people who in some cases have played over a year have been losing much much worse. We were not able to accumulate all high end units due to the way you are now losing them, so you should be happy that you were able to buy and maintain high end units without massive casualties to establish an edge over your peers for so long- you basically admitted to having the casualty advantage and not a better strategy there. Those that had the normal game would not be able to retain those units through heavy attacking/raiding regardless of how smart you pick your fights. Those that had the casualty advantage still have a considerable head start as JMC mentioned and should be happy that it was much easier to accumulate stats than others for the time you had it. I think Gree did the right thing in making a compromise. They brought everyone down from the casualty advantage so everyone was on the same playing field then lowered the consumption rates for all the units resulting in a nice middle ground. Quite frankly they should probably extend a lil' something something for those that have been hindered all this time, but I do not expect them to send us all into the casualty advantage territory as it would then not be fair to gold spenders, especially heavy gold spenders since everyone else would have nearly indestructible armies.
    Last edited by Philly982; 04-11-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Post Count

Question

The casualty rates were fine just how they were. The high casualties made the game more challenging.

Thanks!
    Tired of whiners.

Causality is still higher than reward

I am trying find out why am I raiding anybody , the answer is for money , but if I am getting 50000 money for the raid and I am loosing a Comando or anything similar to that , then actually I am in a net loss by raiding , so the point of attacking and raiding in the game has lost interest for e at least . I don't know about others , I am camping for the moment and upgrading my infirmary to get less causality

Post Count
    JMC Thanks for the empirical feedback. I expected flames. I can see you have been on this game quite a bit longer than me so I respect your opinion for that. I too heard from some others that they had high casualties and I tried to find the reason and still don't see a plausible explanation. I knew I build my army carefully picking some deep stacks of the highest valor and play money units I could afford as I progressed in level, avoided fights with players who were stronger or could go more often than my situation allowed. I could see my friends with high casualties had higher level and more krap units and assumed all that was the difference. That worked until China. So I and everyone I talk to in game have my same opinion of the unit lose increase since China. Even the ones who had more unit lose than me before. The people on the forums who are ok with the change appear to be established gold fingers and this will only make them stronger. So waiting for a resolution and seeing little plausible explanation rips me in half because I really want to support my guild mates and move forward but I feel cheated and ripped off. This is a great game until the rules keep changing.
    Not just the gold users are happy with the change.
    I am a free player who most definitely had his casualty rate reduced. Not a huge amount probably cut in half which to you probably seems like a huge increase but to me is a significant decrease.
    And your friends with crappy units above you had crappy units BECAUSE of the high death rate not vice versa. You are losing tons of high end units now because that is the only thing available to die but if you start replacing those high end units with cheaper, high casualty units eventually you will reach a new equilibrium and begin to grow again. Yes your stats willl be reduced overall. I guess you will just have to be happy with all of the amazing indestructible units you earned with your invincible army which I will never be compensated for.
    Last edited by scurvynaive; 04-11-2013 at 08:51 AM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JMC View Post
    Do you have a higher casualty rate or are you upset with what i would call an extremely low casualty rate compared to what i've experienced during the whole time i've played the game (probably longer than most of you). 1 casualty in 10+ fights is nothing in comparison. What is the point of gold units and casualty ratings (low/medium/high) if nothing was dying for you guys? The game was not balanced, this is a huge step up from what it was before. Honestly, it is still not balanced, because us with casualties had a year and a half of losses while the others received near zero. I can understand some of the complaints before when switching from zero to 1-3 every fight, but at the current rate, it's nothing to complain about.
    Couldn't agree more with this! While JMC has been playing for about a month longer than me i can honestly say in the past i would loose on average 2 Units (ranging from 1-4) every fight. The only thing i could hit were Supply Depots and Armories to try and reduce my casualties.

What i don't understand is why would someone go spend a few hundred to a thousand gold on a unit when they could simply get a loot item? Ohh thats right because the loot items dies. It's supposed to die.

To be hoenst from my perspective i would rather they just made Normal Casualties for all. I've been dealing with them for a year and a half almost so why not make it fair to all? I have friends that have the No Casualty Glitch too and i really like the people but their stats are much higher than me for that reason. In the end i will take the current Casualties but it burns me to hear people complaining about loosing a couple troops every 10 fights. That is 10x better than it has been for me.

Anyways Thanks gree! any idea how long we will have these reduced casualties?
    VFF Legends

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Well said scurvynaive and Thief!! JMC is spot on as usual.