MT's Camper/Boss Killer Guide - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MT's Camper/Boss Killer Guide

Post Count
    I'd really appreciate turning the thread back into what the intent of it was. I spent a lot of time putting it together to try to help people based on my experience. If you have something to add to that or a question along those lines, I'd appreciate we keep it to that.
    I've gone super Rogue.

Updated Hood Planner (w/ Bloody Barber Shop)

MT's Camping Guide

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    Nice thread MT. I haven't had the time to update my guides. It's good to see a lively discussion on the subject elsewhere.
    Thanks for your original thread emcee. I keep it saved in my favorites and refer back to it regularly even still. I also had it open as I typed up my own guide.
    I've gone super Rogue.

Updated Hood Planner (w/ Bloody Barber Shop)

MT's Camping Guide

Post Count
    This is an excellent guide MT, and is pretty much what I've stuck to as a camper. For anyone reading: I can guarantee that you'll be quite competitive within your bracket, even as a free player, if you follow these guidelines.

I did it a little bit differently myself, focusing only on defense buildings, scratcher prizes and maximizing Defense when I first began. I dropped my first 20 points into Defense to allow me to maintain a perfect W/L record for more than 6 months straight (Not a smart move by any means, I just wanted to ). After losing my first battle to someone with a maxed amount of the new Respect explosives, I began slowly leveling - Doing Boss Events, Collect 10, and Syndicate Wars). I took my Energy up to about 500, and am currently investing everything else into Stamina for Collect 10 events and PvP Wars. Looking back I could've spent better, but my build keeps me entertained, which is the only thing that really matters.

I don't have the best stats per se, because I spend very little out-of-pocket Gold on this game (When I do spend though, I like to make it count). But for being primarily a Tapjoy player, I've managed to place rather nicely within my bracket.
    Last edited by Sunsets; 04-10-2013 at 07:23 AM.

The KING of Camping
    586-642-292. The only thing better than playing Crime City, is playing it beneath the crimson sunset.

Consistent Contributor psxnitro's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MattThomas08 View Post
    I'm actually going to disagree with this. I took down many bosses and Peppers has too without spending any gold. I'm not what you would consider a heavy gold spender. Mxz also mentioned in an earlier post the same strategy I'm insisting upon. Once you get enough scratchers to beat 1 boss, the rest will steamroll if you follow this strategy. The first boss is the key though. The rest after that will be free.

I guess I'm talking through my experience on what I did on both my accounts, which was camping way before scratchers even started. But I still believe warehouses and basketball courts is not needed, just solely for the huge space it requires. And at the lower levels, space is at a premium.

And I do remember cursing at myself on my oldest account, when I ran out of space due to having 2 warehouses...
    CC 761 639 639 Camper
    MW 963 806 461 Camper

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I can understand the point if only upgrading what you'll need in the future, however, if I'm at level 6 and saving for a loft or another MT upgrade and it's benificial to upgrade and loss the income for 24 hours while I
    Upgrade because in 48 hours I will have made that plus some back, then why not?
    The way I'm looking at it is that in order for me to upgrade a MT to level 3 or 4 (one is level 3 and one is level 2), I'd have to save for about 28 hours or 43 hours. If I chance that and take two oter buildings during those wait periods and upgrade them so that something is always upgrading, the wait time in the future is shortened. I have no more buildings I can build. I have every building (minus defense and gold) for a level 6. So why not upgrade while I sit and wait for the money to be able to upgrade my MT as I am no where close to building a loft... (74 hour saving time plus saving for a hood expansion at $50,000 - which would be made off one more MT collection or 100 collections of both laundrymats.
    CC-
    572 739 028
    364 082 430
    668 483 974

Quote Originally Posted by tam
    ... if you believe you can buy a first place prize, knock yourself out buying one
    Prove to us all that its possible...I dare your do it
    Put your money were your mouth is
    its not possible to win with money

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    So your italians are already fully upgraded?

Personally I've got 1 ice cream, and I've designated houses as my non-optimal upgrade buildings, so while I wait for key upgrades they get upgraded. Should have MTs at a point where further upgrading should all be long-term by the time they're all at 10.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bald zeemer View Post
    So your italians are already fully upgraded?

Personally I've got 1 ice cream, and I've designated houses as my non-optimal upgrade buildings, so while I wait for key upgrades they get upgraded. Should have MTs at a point where further upgrading should all be long-term by the time they're all at 10.
    My Italians are at level 3. They are being upgraded in my down time of MT upgrades. That's my point though. Why not upgrade them and everything else while I'm saving for MT upgrades?
    CC-
    572 739 028
    364 082 430
    668 483 974

Quote Originally Posted by tam
    ... if you believe you can buy a first place prize, knock yourself out buying one
    Prove to us all that its possible...I dare your do it
    Put your money were your mouth is
    its not possible to win with money

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Italians are long(ish) term buildings.
    General idea is LMs to pay for italians, italians to pay for MTs, MTs to pay for Lofts, Lofts to pay for NCs.
    Upgrade focus is always the highest of these you have down, then move down the chain as required in order to save for that upgrade.
    Avoid all upgrading outside this if possible. And if you do upgrade outside this, focus on a building set you'll hold onto for a bit longer.

Broad-based upgrading isn't going to do you any favours.

Yes, once you have NCs up and humming a good argument can be made that you only need to hang onto the lofts, but IMO that's overkill. Expansions enough to fit in these buildings and the other end-game buildings (which are a very, very long way off) aren't expensive. Hang onto the key "chain" of buildings all the way through (LMs potentially excluded - they're handy if you have to bank and have hourly opens, boss attacks etc).

Then if you want the decoration buildings make the decision on whether further expansions are worth your while.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Banned
    Post Count
    I'd like to publicly thank Mxz for all he has done for the various Gree games. You can use his links above to find out a bunch of info on various Gree games and items within those games. None of them address in detail what I've done in this thread, so I hope it's useful to others in different ways than they are.

If you need to reach Mxz, please see his contact above, or find any post from an SAS member and he'll be trolling it because who knows why.

I truthfully don't know why he has decided to troll this one, but I honestly hope it helps people and I had no intention for it being his sounding board of minute details and do not wish to feed him any longer, as I've tried to avoid this far.

If anybody else has any questions of which I can be of assistance, I ask that you post them here as others have done and I will answer them to the best of MY ability. I've tried to compile everything that I wish somebody would have told me when I started.

Nothing like an epeen battle based off of mobile app game stats.

Post Count
    Well, for the whole dispute on developing an economy ...

My solution is this:

If you want the buildings, then build them.

Being a camper myself, I started off with Basketball Courts and Ice Cream Shops as well. My courts are both at level 10 now and I still have them both to this day. Do they take up a boatload of space? Yes. Are they the most effective buildings in my hood? Heaven's no. But I like them, and right now I enjoy having the double 10 buildings at the front of my hood. That's not to say that they might not get removed one day, but if I like them now, I'm keeping them. Plain and simple.

I thoroughly appreciate economic analysis, but it should really boil down to finding what you enjoy, and building an economy that works best for you. Your actual in-game play-time and collection cycles should be one of the biggest factors considered.

If you're not a very active player, then focusing on building up your Laundromat's is going to pretty much be a waste in the long run. You'll maybe collect them 2-3 times a day, far from being a worthwhile investment (Although they are excellent to initially get you going). Similarly speaking, if you're only able to collect on your Italian Restaurants once per day, then you're missing out on most of their benefits.

For people who only log in once or twice a day, I would strongly disagree with developing hoods that focus on buildings that produce cash quickly. Now you can use those buildings at first to help get the financial ball rolling, but don't really focus on developing them past anything reasonable (Perhaps level 4-7). You really won't be using them at all once you get your collection cycles running. Anything that generates cash in under 8-12 hours is pretty much going to be sitting in your hood all day, going uncollected. For any player, I would suggest looking at how many times you can realistically collect a building each day, and then focusing primarily on building up those buildings that will be the most effective for you.

For a newer player who is only on once or twice a day, having all of your 12/24/48 buildings built up is a much better focus. So Basketball Courts, Houses, Pawn Shops, Tattoo Parlors, Gun Shops, etc., should be the primary focus, with faster-producing buildings being the "secondary" upgrades as you get the chance (Ice Cream Shops, Laundromats, Italian Restaurants, etc).

Then you basically just keep up that routine until you can buy your first Movie Theater. Once you hit this point your MT upgrades become your primary focus. Everything else becomes secondary. Rinse and repeat until you can buy your first Loft. Same thing happens again until you can get your first Nightclub. And once you get your first Nightclub ... Well, by then cash won't even be a problem anymore

The KING of Camping
    586-642-292. The only thing better than playing Crime City, is playing it beneath the crimson sunset.

Post Count
    Quality guide MT!

Been thinking of starting a camper for a while now, will definitely be following this guide when I get round to it.
    Transtech Hijinks Event - http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Building-Event
    Dockside Mill Madness - http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ide-Mill-Event
    Pagoda Pandamonium - http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...da-Pandamonium

I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Post Count
    I truthfully don't know why he has decided to troll this one, but I honestly hope it helps people and I had no intention for it being his sounding board of minute details and do not wish to feed him any longer, as I've tried to avoid this far.
    I apologize if my peer review offended you in any way.

Part of publishing these types of things is adapting and tweaking them. It's impossible to be the foremost expert on every topic - there's nothing wrong with taking other people's suggestions and learning from their math.

If you wanted to write an autobiography of your camper account, that would have been fine, and I probably wouldn't have even read it. However, when presented as an end-all-be-all guide to growing a camper, you probably should have expected some differing opinions. The fact is - your main dispute with my points, backed up by math and reasoning, had more to do with how little I've helped the community. I don't think I ever saw Tramp Stamp, itz, WF, jimmyshines, allhail, Ramshutu, emcee, Dreno and all the other pioneers of the game (whine) and moan about being peer reviewed so much. My advice...let it go. If you disagree with me, use math not character assassinations.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Articulate Author Tommy Two Toes's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsets View Post
    If you're not a very active player, then focusing on building up your Laundromat's is going to pretty much be a waste in the long run. You'll maybe collect them 2-3 times a day, far from being a worthwhile investment (Although they are excellent to initially get you going). Similarly speaking, if you're only able to collect on your Italian Restaurants once per day, then you're missing out on most of their benefits.
    For me it was quite the opposite. When I first started playing, I rarely missed collections during daytime hours, even Laundromats, so they were valuable upgrades, along with my Italian Restaurants. Now, I log in less, but it like finding a thousand dollar bill on the floor to collect my Laundromats, so I do it, and I feel no need to replace them (yet).

As to hood planning, like you, I think the most important part is to figure out how often you will collect from a building, and modify the IPH Gain accordingly.

For instance, I expect to collect from a T-Shirt Stand once per day, which means my Realistic Collectible IPH (RCIPH?) is 75% of my IPH.

As a real-world example, two of my choices for upgrade include an L4 T-Shirt Stand and an L8 Basketball court. I prefer to upgrade whichever building will give me the highest RCIPH/Upgrade time.

Since L4->L5 T-Shirt will give me a RCIPH gain of ($10.00*.75)/per Upgrade hour (or $7.50/Hr/Hr), and an L9 Basketball court upgrade will give me $3.32/Hr/Hr, it’s a no-brainer to me, that the T-Shirt Stand will get the upgrade first.

Obviously, some people will collect Italians once a day, and others will collect 6 times per day, so mileage varies.

Post Count
    This is a good summary. It could benefit from linking in more of the detailed and more comprehensives threads about economy, build choices, bracketing, respect, bosses (although I think you linked this one), camping, syndicates etc posted by various other people for more in depth and "explained from first principles" information. There is simply too much info about the camping an economy game out there to really cover everything!

it maybe worth including the glossary I posted in case some of this goes over people's heads. I feel, somewhat that this is a good summary for those who know a little bit about the game, but someone who is brand new maybe a bit lost in some areas.
    Proud owner of a sense of humour - and is not afraid to use it.

365 587 968