MT's Camper/Boss Killer Guide - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MT's Camper/Boss Killer Guide

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Why not just buy all available buildings and upgrade all to level 10? Makes no sense why you wouldn't. I mean, I've got all available cash buildings to me at level 5/6 (except the loft) and am working on upgrading them to level 10...why not?
    CC-
    572 739 028
    364 082 430
    668 483 974

Quote Originally Posted by tam
    ... if you believe you can buy a first place prize, knock yourself out buying one
    Prove to us all that its possible...I dare your do it
    Put your money were your mouth is
    its not possible to win with money

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Because upgrade time is the most valuable and limited resource in the game. If at all possible all upgrade time should be focussed on buildings you want to keep long term.

So, Italians, lofts, MTs.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedevil View Post
    Why not just buy all available buildings and upgrade all to level 10? Makes no sense why you wouldn't. I mean, I've got all available cash buildings to me at level 5/6 (except the loft) and am working on upgrading them to level 10...why not?
    Well, it comes down to a few things. For one, it would take you forever to upgrade EVERY building to Level 10. In reality, by the time you get most of them into the higher levels, you'll want to focus your TIME on Lofts, Nightclubs, and the other higher output buildings. At a certain point, the lower level buildings won't be worth your time to upgrade, even if they're cheap to do so.

The question just becomes which buildings you upgrade first and at which point do you stop with the lower buildings.
    I've gone super Rogue.

Updated Hood Planner (w/ Bloody Barber Shop)

MT's Camping Guide

Banned
    Post Count
    Great job MT!
    Glad you are one of us

Consistent Contributor psxnitro's Avatar
    Post Count
    Lot's of good points brought up, but this is my take on this.

I usually tell someone who just made a new account, to increase mafia and to try to build a MT as soon as possible, then a loft. But in the process of saving up for it, they should start building all the Type A Buildings, then upgrading everything up till 6 while focusing on upgrading the House, T-Shirt Stand to lvl 10 while they are saving up for the upgrades on the MT's and Lofts.

Once your MT's and Loft's are built, You can start building Type B buildings with bases above 1k

If you look at my hood, it's pretty much how MXZ described what buildings are essential in the beginning stages of camping, which seems to be what most experienced campers usually have.
    CC 761 639 639 Camper
    MW 963 806 461 Camper

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MattThomas08 View Post
    I'm also eager to see your walk through for new players as well
    I thought you'd never ask.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Post Count
    Good points guys. I do want to reiterate, my focus in this guide and my opinion of strategy revolves around bosses. The economy side is mostly second to me, because I think if you set yourself up early as a boss killer, the rest will fall into place and truthfully won't be relevant until much further on.

I know this has turned into a large economy discussion based on some individuals' interests. Mine are that you focus on your bosses.
    I've gone super Rogue.

MT's Camping Guide

Consistent Contributor psxnitro's Avatar
    Post Count
    Good points guys. I do want to reiterate, my focus in this guide and my opinion of strategy revolves around bosses. The economy side is mostly second to me, because I think if you set yourself up early as a boss killer, the rest will fall into place and truthfully won't be relevant until much further on.

I know this has turned into a large economy discussion based on some individuals' interests. Mine are that you focus on your bosses.
    Sorry man, but in order to be a boss killer and still be a free player, you need a good economy and planning. Or you can take the sure fire easy way, and invest in hundreds of vaults of gold... >.>...
    CC 761 639 639 Camper
    MW 963 806 461 Camper

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    There are mafia-size based weapons that you can unlock from lvl 2. A strong economy allows you to stock up on these, making boss-killing that much easier.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Post Count

Nice job Matt

I have a boss-based hood and understand exactly what you are talking about!

I am very happy to be part of this awesome syndicate!

Post Count
    I'd like to publicly thank Mxz for all he has done for the various Gree games. You can use his links above to find out a bunch of info on various Gree games and items within those games. None of them address in detail what I've done in this thread, so I hope it's useful to others in different ways than they are.

If you need to reach Mxz, please see his contact above, or find any post from an SAS member and he'll be trolling it because who knows why.

I truthfully don't know why he has decided to troll this one, but I honestly hope it helps people and I had no intention for it being his sounding board of minute details and do not wish to feed him any longer, as I've tried to avoid thus far.

If anybody else has any questions of which I can be of assistance, I ask that you post them here as others have done and I will answer them to the best of MY ability. I've tried to compile everything that I wish somebody would have told me when I started.
    Last edited by MattThomas08; 04-10-2013 at 10:44 AM. Reason: grammar
    I've gone super Rogue.

MT's Camping Guide

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by psxnitro View Post
    Sorry man, but in order to be a boss killer and still be a free player, you need a good economy and planning. Or you can take the sure fire easy way, and invest in hundreds of vaults of gold... >.>...
    I'm actually going to disagree with this. I took down many bosses and Peppers has too without spending any gold. I'm not what you would consider a heavy gold spender. Mxz also mentioned in an earlier post the same strategy I'm insisting upon. Once you get enough scratchers to beat 1 boss, the rest will steamroll if you follow this strategy. The first boss is the key though. The rest after that will be free.
    I've gone super Rogue.

MT's Camping Guide

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Nice thread MT. I haven't had the time to update my guides. It's good to see a lively discussion on the subject elsewhere.