GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MT's Camper/Boss Killer Guide

Post Count

MT's Camper/Boss Killer Guide

MT’s Camper/Boss Killer Guide:

Introduction:
    Emcee as nice enough to provide a camper guide a couple years ago (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...low-and-steady). I’ve been moving through the game at a fairly slow pace and have gotten over 1Mil IPH, over 100k ATK/DEF at level 88. I have also started a new camper account to facilitate a complete updated turtle/camper walkthrough.

In my opinion, at the moment, the greatest way to create a high powered player is through the Epic Boss Event. To me, if you’re starting an account, this should be your focus and, with my new account, is my focus as well. Everything I’m doing is working toward making a Boss Killer.

With that said, your first goal needs to be to figure out how you’re going to take down the Tier #1 Boss. In order to take down that boss for free, you are going to need approximately 8,500 attack (more on this later). Note that the epic boss events do not allow you to use any syndicate bonuses, so this has to be your RAW attack.

So here goes:

Brand new account:
    Of course, pick Tycoon class to begin.

Buy every cash building available to you, starting with those which provide the highest $ gain/day/upgrade hour. Use itzkakarot’s spreadsheet (he keeps the updated version in his signature, but here’s the current link for his latest post on it right now http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...nus-Calculator). If you don’t want to waste your time using spreadsheets, a general rule is most buildings are optimal around level 5, so work on getting most of your buildings to there, but you really want to focus on your Movie Theater (MT) and Lofts, the rest should be used as fillers until you can save the required funds for them. Use Tapjoy to get (2) basketball courts and (2) ice cream shops. Don’t buy any other gold buildings at low levels.

Upgrade all of your buildings to raise the most $/day based on how often YOU plan on checking the account. Do not attack or raid ANYBODY. Just sit back, hit scratchers, and build your economy. Keep your ally count low, only popping it up as needed to acquire Italian Restaurant, Movie Theater, Lofts, and eventually, Nightclubs. Use www.crimecitymafiacodes.com and the Funzio forum to keep a full log of pending requests. For some reason, I still get attacked several times a day (thanks a lot Henchmen) and all of my successful defending causes you to level up as you get 2 XP per defense win, but I believe that it helps.

Buy your expansions as necessary. Try to keep open space for the next building you plan to build well in advance so that you don’t need to wait on an expansion, as this will cause you unnecessary delays. The Movie Theater, Lofts, and Nightclubs are larger than the other buildings you’ve got, so be prepared for them. Check allies for more of an idea if you’re unfamiliar.

When you do level up, place your skill points in either attack or defense for now. Once you’re past the point where you can take down bosses, I recommend you stop putting them into attack and defense, as they won’t provide a whole lot of points comparatively [if you’re interested, the forumula is supposedly (Level x .09 + 1) x skill points)]. The strategy I have been using now is to work on getting my stamina and energy to the point where I can get 6-8 hours rest between using them. I won’t use them for a long time, but I want them when I’m done camping later on for farming (this means going to maps and acquiring items) and PVP (player vs. player – attacking others). I don’t like putting skill points into defense because you can always buy defense buildings, but you can never buy attack buildings, so it’s a waste to me. I would place them in attack until you pass level 25, then work on your stamina and energy.

At low levels, I don’t see the need for defense buildings. Scratchers will provide you enough defense to fend off attackers. Once you’re able to get the Gatling Turret (Level 47), build a bunch of those and the defense buildings above them. Don’t worry about upgrading them, as you don’t get full value out of each defense building level upgrade (you only get 50% of the promised UPGRADE defense points). If you have nothing else to upgrade much later on, you can upgrade them, but don’t go above Level 3.

I also do not do any banking of my money. Since most likely the only people who can take my money are camping as well, the people who do attack/rob me are failing. If somebody finds you and starts targeting you or you’re just losing attacks regularly, then you should bank your money. Otherwise, keep the 10%.

You’ll inherently get some respect points early on, but it’s best to save these until right before you attempt your first boss and use them toward whatever gets you the highest gain. Once you're boss hunting, you can just save your respect items until later on when better items open up for you.

Keep using Tapjoy as much as possible to build a gold cache. You’ll need this later on.

Epic Boss
    So far, I’ve been giving tips on building yourself up toward one goal: you want to be able to take down the final Epic Boss. I don’t recommend participating in any events until you can take down the final boss. This may be very difficult to do, so you’re welcome to throw in some here and there if you feel lucky. Ideally, you want to get to a point where you can finish Boss #40, THEN start the boss event. When you're ready, you'll need to max your ally count for your level (5 allies for each level) to maximize your attacking power.

Read Billionaire's Epic Boss Guide before proceeding as well http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ight=epic+boss.

I mentioned earlier that you need stats of approximately 8,500 to take down the Tier 1 (Level 10-25) Epic Boss for free. Here’s a little tip – you can do it with only 5,500 for about 150 gold and this doesn’t take into account the items you’ll gain along the way. Download my calculator to analyze your boss event - http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ight=epic+boss.

If you have enough Tapjoy gold saved up or are willing to drop a little cash into your character, you can target starting your first Epic Boss at around 5,000 attack or even slightly lower. Ideally, you would do this at Level 10 when the boss first becomes available to you. I believe if you start your Epic Bosses at Level 10, you’ll get three separate bosses in before you move into the next tier. If you were to complete three Epic Bosses before you enter the 2nd Tier of bosses (starts at Level 26), you should easily have 28k stats required to defeat the 2nd Tier Boss (Level 26 to Level 50).

Level 26 and the Future
    At this point, just keep doing what you’re doing. Once you enter Tier 2, I think you’re safe to participate in other events, but don’t go crazy. Don’t perform missions and only rob Laundromats and other low XP buildings (like T-Shirt stands, etc.) if you want to trigger the bosses or get Cases to drop for collect 10 or 20 events. Build your economy with your goal to get Nightclubs as soon as possible. Focus on upgrading your longer and higher payout buildings, such as MT, Lofts, Playhouse, Wholesale Warehouse, etc. when they become available. Eventually, you’ll get to the point where you’ll want to start finishing the Thug Life (TL) goals, so if you are attacking, make sure the person you’re hitting meets the criteria of your current goal.

It’s possible this method may bore you too much to play this way. It’s tedious and requires a lot of patience. Feel free to use some hybrid method that’s more entertaining to you. If you’ve got two devices, play a main device at a faster pace and use your camper account to just build up a future beast.

Syndicates
    Regarding syndicates, I recommend you get involved in a camping syndicate that won’t require you to participate in events at first. You’ll want the 25% building output bonus. Once you’ve established your player, feel free to get into a higher level group to take advantage of the some of the bonuses if you desire, but keep in mind, this will require you to level up, so I don’t recommend you do this until you’re comfortable with your current status.

Wrap Up
    I may have belabored some items to make them clear to a new player and I may have been too technical for some new players, but I’ve tried to make this guide as universal as possible and hope that it’s a help to you.

Please send me a PM or reply to this message if you have any questions or suggestions. I will continue to edit this post as I think of new things, because I mostly just typed through all this as I thought of it, so it may be overwhelming or wandering at times.
    Last edited by MattThomas08; 04-10-2013 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Fixed skillpoint formula, modify economy suggestion
    I've gone super Rogue.

Updated Hood Planner (w/ Bloody Barber Shop)

MT's Camping Guide

Post Count
    I'm going to use this spot to link users to other beginner guides that I believe you'll find useful:

To start, you may need to read Ram's glossary, which will provide you with an understanding of the game and its terms:
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...nners-Glossary

Best of the best guides (includes a lot of the below items):
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...st-quot-Guides!

What are respect points and what are they good for?:
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...NS-the-lowdown
    Last edited by MattThomas08; 04-10-2013 at 10:59 AM.
    I've gone super Rogue.

MT's Camping Guide

Banned
    Post Count

Post Count
    Wow... that cat is long!
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Basketball Courts and Ice Cream shops are a terrible investment, even in the beginning stages. There's no rush to get a huge IPH since most of your stats will come from scratchers (as well as a lot of your early cash)....no reason to waste gold on them. Most buildings are NOT optimal at level 5, and not all buildings are created equal. There are plenty you can skip. House and Tattoo Parlors should go to 10 while youre bringing your Italians to 7 or 8. By the time you plant a MT those are just about the only 3-4 buildings you need. After you get your lofts up, you can ditch the tattos and the houses. After your NC1 is as L2 you can sell off everything except the MTs and Lofts, if you want.

Skill points in ATK and DEF is awful advice. Your formula is also off by a factor of 10; it also maxes out at 10. For a level 10, if they put all skill points into ATK it will only have raised their stats by 51 points. That's a couple days worth of scratchers. Keep your skill points for energy and stamina - which actually do something.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Post Count
    Interesting guide. I'm too far invested in the game for this to be useful for me.

Is there a point at which you recommend churning lower level money buildings for their realestate for higher end buildings, or do you say to always do hood expansions for more real estate?
    Syndicate CopKillers Looking for ACTIVE players: 137-371-138

Post Count
    Of course, putting skill points into energy and stamina that you NEVER PLAN ON USING also seems like bad advice for campers. I made an alt account a while ago to test out how easy boss events are for new players (answer: waaaaay too easy), and I just haven't used any of my skill points. There's really no point to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Of course, putting skill points into energy and stamina that you NEVER PLAN ON USING also seems like bad advice for campers. I made an alt account a while ago to test out how easy boss events are for new players (answer: waaaaay too easy), and I just haven't used any of my skill points. There's really no point to it.
    Thats a good point. For most users, their campers activate for one reason or another (I think?). I can see the option to never allocate skill points could be a point of pride.
    #smug

CC Loot Drops 20130122_3

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Jib View Post
    Interesting guide. I'm too far invested in the game for this to be useful for me.

Is there a point at which you recommend churning lower level money buildings for their realestate for higher end buildings, or do you say to always do hood expansions for more real estate?
    I think a lot of it depends on your preference, your income, and what level your buildings are. I know a lot of high income players that still keep around their lower level buildings. Personally, I analyze how much each building is bringing me each day. If it's a very small portion of my income, then I'll get rid of it. For the most part, you should be able to expand faster than new buildings are becoming available to you, so I wouldn't sell them off until your Nightclubs are dominating your economy. I know I kind of skirted the question, but it's tough to give a fully encompassing answer.
    I've gone super Rogue.

MT's Camping Guide

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post
    Basketball Courts and Ice Cream shops are a terrible investment, even in the beginning stages. There's no rush to get a huge IPH since most of your stats will come from scratchers (as well as a lot of your early cash)....no reason to waste gold on them. Most buildings are NOT optimal at level 5, and not all buildings are created equal. There are plenty you can skip. House and Tattoo Parlors should go to 10 while youre bringing your Italians to 7 or 8. By the time you plant a MT those are just about the only 3-4 buildings you need. After you get your lofts up, you can ditch the tattos and the houses. After your NC1 is as L2 you can sell off everything except the MTs and Lofts, if you want.
    I disagree with your assessment of BBall and Ice Cream - I think it's the best use of the minimal gold required to acquire them. The GFI (Thanks to Ram - http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ight=long+live) on those buildings and upgrades is phenomenal.

I also think you should keep every building you can and use itz's spreadsheet to figure out what's the best item to upgrade. Your assessment ignores collection rates - taking a House to L10 has a terrible ROI, $/gain/upgrade hr, and GFI metric. Considering you'll be spending months below Level 25 using this plan, you're better off with every building available. If you ignore all the others, you'll delay your economy and ultimately your NCs.

Skill points in ATK and DEF is awful advice. Your formula is also off by a factor of 10; it also maxes out at 10. For a level 10, if they put all skill points into ATK it will only have raised their stats by 51 points. That's a couple days worth of scratchers. Keep your skill points for energy and stamina - which actually do something.
    Thanks, I didn't notice my skillpoint typo, but it should be fixed now.

Considering the skillpoints to get to level 10 (or Level 25 is really where I recommend you start applying them elsewhere) are minimal in the grand scheme, those 51 points (or 234) will be better than nothing. I did mention that I don't think they're useful in defense and that they're better off going toward stamina and energy down the road, as that's when you'll need them. Nobody needs to allocate ALL of your skill points toward stamina and energy and if you're going to use them at ATK/DEF at some point, I recommmend it to be done early.

Thanks for your suggestions, I'm sure people will find them useful.
    Last edited by MattThomas08; 04-09-2013 at 10:41 AM.
    I've gone super Rogue.

MT's Camping Guide

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MattThomas08 View Post
    I disagree with your assessment of BBall and Ice Cream - I think it's the best use of the minimal gold required to acquire them. The GFI (Thanks to Ram - http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ight=long+live) on those buildings and upgrades is phenomenal.

I also think you should keep every building you can and use itz's spreadsheet to figure out what's the best item to upgrade. Your assessment ignores collection rates - taking a House to L10 has a terrible ROI, $/gain/upgrade hr, and GFI metric. Considering you'll be spending months below Level 25 using this plan, you're better off with every building available. If you ignore all the others, you'll delay your economy and ultimately your NCs.
    Remember that ROI, $/hr/hr and GFI are just tools. They don't fully account for cash on hand, opportunity cost, space, play style, and timing. The extra couple days you save due to having a basketball court or ice cream shop is very little in the overall scheme of things. Since they're super short upgrades and very low cost they very much skew towards appearing like good investments. An NPV calculation, which you didn't mention, would reveal them to be poor. Also, remember that GFI is dynamic, as your IPH changes the calculation does, as well. The calculation works for one specific upgrade at one point in time.

So, I'd trade the gold required and the decorations for a few less bucks. Keep focused on scratchers that you'll need before the your stats get up to 7.5K. On my camper, without buying weapons and focusing only on type A buildings, I reached 7.5K stats in 110 days with an IPH of $61.6K.

There's no reason to needlessly waste TJ gold, especially if you're a free player. I think sometimes its hard for big spenders to appreciate the preciousness because they're desensitized to it, and dont always account for the limited nature of it.
    #smug

CC Loot Drops 20130122_3

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I wish I would've seen this when I first started. I made it to level 40 and have slowed down because I want to get stronger and richer...
    CC-
    572 739 028
    364 082 430
    668 483 974

Quote Originally Posted by tam
    ... if you believe you can buy a first place prize, knock yourself out buying one
    Prove to us all that its possible...I dare your do it
    Put your money were your mouth is
    its not possible to win with money

Post Count
    Remember that ROI, $/hr/hr and GFI are just tools. They don't fully account for cash on hand, opportunity cost, space, play style, and timing.

There's no reason to needlessly waste TJ gold, especially if you're a free player. I think sometimes its hard for big spenders to appreciate the preciousness because they're desensitized to it, and dont always account for the limited nature of it.
    I used my new camper account as the basis for my GFI, so I still believe that they're good investments. They can be procured using a day's worth of TJ downloads. I say go for them since there's not much else to drop your TJ gold on, you say no. Different strokes.
    I've gone super Rogue.

MT's Camping Guide

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MattThomas08 View Post
    I used my new camper account as the basis for my GFI, so I still believe that they're good investments. They can be procured using a day's worth of TJ downloads. I say go for them since there's not much else to drop your TJ gold on, you say no. Different strokes.
    At level 10, in terms of real income per day (6 collections on the 3hr, 2 collections on the 12), that's only an extra $7,476 / hr. That would only have been about 12% of what you could have by focusing only on Type A buildings.

By the time my NC2 went up that would amount to less than 3% of my IPD.

In fact, in a vacuum, over the entire 110 days the Ice Cream and Basketballs would have only output about $14.5M...or about 36% of the initial cost of a NC. Those 4 buildings, over that entire time, amount to what 2 Loft 5 and 2 Movie Theater 7's (what I recommend prior to the NC build) make in 10 days.

Just because it doesn't look like it costs a lot doesn't mean it's a good deal. Just looking at that last example should tell you what you need to know about ROI, $/hr/hr and GFI - they are interesting numbers, but being able to interpret them is much more important.
    Last edited by mxz; 04-09-2013 at 05:46 PM.
    #smug

CC Loot Drops 20130122_3

Post Count
    I suppose you should just sit around and wait for your movie theaters to upgrade and don't do anything else then. I'd be interested to see the same comparison done by you on Houses and Tattoo Parlors.

I'm also eager to see your walk through for new players as well, once you're done poo pooing mine. I appreciate your and all input, but it seems as if you're more interested in derogation than constructive input.
    I've gone super Rogue.

MT's Camping Guide