Gree please explain the Free gold due to bonus automation problems

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gree please explain the Free gold due to bonus automation problems

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Gree please explain the Free gold due to bonus automation problems

I would like gree to address the massive amounts of free gold that they accidentally gave to people when the automated system messed up. I know of several that got 100-200k worth. This is across app and as people can see there is a thread started by jobadass in cc on this (search free gold). The hackers were bad enough, this seriously unbalances the game. I have seen people's stats pop hundreds of thougands on this. If gree doesn't deal with the free, I'm going to call iTunes and get mine free too. Btw, this is not the users fault, this is squarely on gree. I think a post from gree on this is more than appropriate and warranted. Please tell us how you are going to handle this as I feel like I live in Argentina with hyperinflation and the bank is closed.

Post Count
    I agree! This needs to be addressed and needs to be addressed ASAP!

Banned
    Post Count
    Like all things this has already been swept under the rug. Everybody I know has already spent 90% of the free gree gold they got on sets, crates and scratchers. Talk about getting a free golden army. Do you really think gree can sort this out? The gold is gone, can they prove if it was the free gold that got the units or the real money gold that got the units? case closed move on to a different game. Green might give you 100 free gold and say they're sorry.

Post Count
    I sent a ticket into support regarding this issue. I got one of the usual, less than satisfactory responses.

No free gold and no sorry! Lol
    Last edited by BigD@wg; 04-07-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    I expect a compensation. I got a measely 100 gold. Seriously folks. We already know you cannot delete units. How do you plan to fix this? As a paying customer I do deserve an answer.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I am waiting to hear this response. The only two options are rollback or compensating the rest of us. Status quo doesn't work. And if its compensation I'd like gree to extend the two unit set for me to buy another 200 sets... :-) I suspect that given gold=revenue for gree (who is a public company and although this may or may not rise to the level of an 8k issue this is a material impairment to the intellectual property they bought from funzio), this is a very serious issue.

Banned
    Post Count
    "(b) exploit, distribute or publicly inform other users of any game error, miscue or bug which gives an unintended advantage"

It's technically a violation of the terms of service to exploit what was an obvious error on Gree's part. Gree would be well within their rights to reset any account that spent massive amounts of gold during the time the bug occurred.

Banned
    Post Count
    A pleasant surprise for a handful of fortunate players while a nasty shock for all the others.

Gree's competence was questionable from the outset. As time passed, its incompetence became more obvious. Gree's agenda for a short-term gain rather than longevity also became more apparent. In spite of all this, nothing seemed to be learned by the players that regularly nourish this machine.

Part of life's lesson is to learn from one's mistakes. Let this fiasco be your mistake rather than Gree's. That way you may learn something from it.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    exploitation implies knowledge that one could exploit. most of the players that received the gold believe they deserved it.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopenshire View Post
    I expect a compensation. I got a measely 100 gold. Seriously folks. We already know you cannot delete units. How do you plan to fix this? As a paying customer I do deserve an answer.
    Your payment entitles you to no more than what you paid for. Gree may answer you out of courtesy but has no duty to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sok82 View Post
    "(b) exploit, distribute or publicly inform other users of any game error, miscue or bug which gives an unintended advantage"

It's technically a violation of the terms of service to exploit what was an obvious error on Gree's part. Gree would be well within their rights to reset any account that spent massive amounts of gold during the time the bug occurred.
    Gree has discretion. It is entirely different to an obligation.

Banned
    Post Count
    Besides, Gree prohibits us from even discussing these decisions. Be careful people.

Before you ask, no, I know nothing about any of this. I mind my own business.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PIRATE JUSTICE View Post
    Besides, Gree prohibits us from even discussing these decisions. Be careful people.

same here, ignorance is bliss

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PIRATE JUSTICE View Post

So what do you know about this? I couldn't help myself. Lol

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD@wg View Post
    So what do you know about this? I couldn't help myself. Lol
    In the famous words of SGT Schultz, "I know nussing!"

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sparckle View Post
    Your payment entitles you to no more than what you paid for. Gree may answer you out of courtesy but has no duty to do so.

Gree has discretion. It is entirely different to an obligation.
    I understand that, sparckle. I didnt say they had to do anything. I simply said they would be justified if they chose to reset the accounts.

Golf, i seriously doubt anyone who got 100k worth of gold didnt immediately realize it was an error.