WD event buuuurrrrnnnn out.

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WD event buuuurrrrnnnn out.

Post Count

WD event buuuurrrrnnnn out.

Hey gang BMX here. It's been a busy week. This week should be busier.
    It's no secret that 3x Top 100 (EHU) took it on the chin in China. Or that
    as the new faction leader, I'm looking to move a group of OUR top scorers to
    some lucky faction.
    I've had dealings with a few factions and have met a lot of really cool folks just like us.
    Through this process I've learned of two top factions successfully merging.

FYI, this is not a recruitment thread. PM me about that.

I more just want to hear of some stories of what other factions have experienced through the 4 events so far.

A quick recap for us:
    In one week, we went from a solid top 100 team to..
    1). Our leader burned out and "retired"
    2). 2 other top scorers got burnt out as well and the fact that our leader "retired" decided to take time off. (EAGLE and these 2 are still currently "parked"
    3). Another 2 top scorers just quit with little notice to join a top 50 team. They were nice enough to at least say why.
    4). I took the leadership role right away to avoid floundering leaderless for any time.
    5). Had to gather the troops and see where we were headed
    6). Decided it was quicker and easier for US to join a faction instead of someone coming to us.
    7). Contacted factions and discussed options, of which many of you replied.
    8). We have lots of options. Something will work out. I've met a lot of cool factions out there and we'd fit into any one of them.

Soooooo, as it stands...

I am currently and will remain the leader of EAGLE HOUSE,
    but will move my better player to a gold playing faction with a small group to start.
    EHU is still filled with over 40 solid daily players who are committed to the faction.
    But we are taking a more "laid back" approach and just trying to have fun playing MW again and not worry about being a top 100 team for every event.
    But I'm very interested in a merge and give another faction a chance to increase in strength
    and give an option to players from our new faction to "park" in EHU if they will be away for event.

I wanted to start this thread and hear some stories about what you guys have done and tough it was to do.
    You don't have to be specific or reveal any faction secrets, but I know we were not the only top faction to lose steam after a few events.

Rabble, rabble, rabble
    It's Sunday y'all so I will continue faction negotiations on Monday.
    Thanks if you read this mess.

BMX
    WoN: PH-GAMECOCK
    W1- TeamPH oldest and most powerful alliance in the game
    W2- KoNE
    W3- TeamPH

Banned
    Post Count
    As you ponder your options, consider this.

It costs to be a top 10 faction.

If you want to score 1,000,000 points, it requires about 15,000 gold.

That's about $1,500 US Dollars.

That requires you to average about 250 points per hit.

Personally, I seek a 300 per hit point average.

That lowers your refill cost.

If you want to score 500,000 points, that'll take about $750 US Dollars.

Now, once you get going in the bonus process, that'll be adjusted somewhat with bonus gold.

But, you must resist buying LE SETS while you await WD.

Plus, you need to restrain yourself from becoming too engaged in other events.

Expect to spend about $1,000 (or more) a month to be competitive.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PIRATE JUSTICE View Post

If you want to score 1,000,000 points, it requires about 15,000 gold.

That's about $1,500 US Dollars.

That requires you to average about 250 points per hit.

Personally, I seek a 300 per hit point average.
    15,000 gold = $1000 (USD) without any 20% off sales.
    For me, easy way to calculate it...100 gold = 4 refills, which = 5000 WD points (with good targets...about a 312pt hit on average). So 1000 gold = 50k WD points; 10000 gold = 500k WD points. So on average you need about 20k gold to score 1mil WD points or 13-14 vaults ($1300-1400 USD).

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaebee View Post
    15,000 gold = $1000 (USD) without any 20% off sales. For me, easy way to calculate it...100 gold = 4 refills, which = 5000 WD points (with good targets...about a 312pt hit on average). So 1000 gold = 50k WD points; 10000 gold = 500k WD points. So on average you need about 20k gold to score 1mil WD points or 13-14 vaults ($1300-1400 USD).

Most people can't score 300+ plus points.

I know, because I've done it.

Suffice it to say you'll spend $2,000 a month trying to tread water and keep up with the Alexes.

Post Count
    Most people can't score 300+ plus points.

I know, because I've done it.

Suffice it to say you'll spend $2,000 a month trying to tread water and keep up with the Alexes.
    Can't really speak about "most people", just what I've seen/done personally.

Banned
    Post Count
    If you can't handle the heat, then it's time to cool down. Don't push yourself too hard. The purpose of life is enjoyment, not punishment.

Post Count
    It's a shame that VFF Charlie is no longer on your list.

Brotherhood Without Banners
    -
    The Pros from Dover.
    436 633 501

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    PJ - I could not agree with you more on your analysis

- Also as a veteran of being in the last 4 events trying to make top 10 - I like to bring up something that I have not seen mentioned before, once you start spending real money (At least $500 per month) trying to make top 10-25 - people get upset real upset! Especially when one spends more than the other - So then in the next war he spends less - this goes on and on and can tear friends apart. As people say - Don't mess with my money. People need to go in like PJ says - Be ready to spend - 10 Vaults

Banned
    Post Count
    When you make a deal with the devil, you are bound for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by thescondo View Post
    PJ - I could not agree with you more on your analysis

- Also as a veteran of being in the last 4 events trying to make top 10 - I like to bring up something that I have not seen mentioned before, once you start spending real money (At least $500 per month) trying to make top 10-25 - people get upset real upset! Especially when one spends more than the other - So then in the next war he spends less - this goes on and on and can tear friends apart. As people say - Don't mess with my money. People need to go in like PJ says - Be ready to spend - 10 Vaults

Banned
    Post Count
    Now here's the odd part. You (myself included) don't even know these people you play this game with and try to please. If you spent an evening having dinner with them, you'd probably never play this game with them again. They call this social gaming. This is PHANTOM gaming. Just one big FANTASY.

Oh, you can't win this game.

But you can end up being gamed.

Quote Originally Posted by thescondo View Post
    PJ - I could not agree with you more on your analysis - Also as a veteran of being in the last 4 events trying to make top 10 - I like to bring up something that I have not seen mentioned before, once you start spending real money (At least $500 per month) trying to make top 10-25 - people get upset real upset! Especially when one spends more than the other - So then in the next war he spends less - this goes on and on and can tear friends apart. As people say - Don't mess with my money. People need to go in like PJ says - Be ready to spend - 10 Vaults

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    You (myself included) don't even know these people you play this game with and try to please. If you spent an evening having dinner with them, you'd probably never play this game with them again.
    Comment of the day lol.

It's a game. Have some fun...especially if you're spending money. Don't waste your entertainment budget on something that burns you out.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Comment of the day lol.

It's a game. Have some fun...especially if you're spending money. Don't waste your entertainment budget on something that burns you out.

Sad isn't it? I think so. But, sad things can still be true things.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I have to disagree with you on that one PJ, but I do understand the fact that we could very well be the exception. I think that if we were to sit down and have dinner we would become even closer. Most of the people in our faction laugh and have a good time and do whatever they can to help out others. We do have a pretty solid core group of players that are dedicated to each other and have been together right from the start. Probably why we have a core group of players that have had no intentions of jumping ship through the highs and lows. We are a top 100/250 faction and I think we have realized our limitations and we don't strive for the top 50 +, mainly because we are a working class faction and we don't have any financially independent people in our faction.

Edit - just for the record now that I look at my post it looks a lot like a recruitment drive, lol, it's not, that post is already up.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CAF View Post
    I have to disagree with you on that one PJ, but I do understand the fact that we could very well be the exception. I think that if we were to sit down and have dinner we would become even closer. Most of the people in our faction laugh and have a good time and do whatever they can to help out others. We do have a pretty solid core group of players that are dedicated to each other and have been together right from the start. Probably why we have a core group of players that have had no intentions of jumping ship through the highs and lows. We are a top 100/250 faction and I think we have realized our limitations and we don't strive for the top 50 +, mainly because we are a working class faction and we don't have any financially independent people in our faction.

Edit - just for the record now that I look at my post it looks a lot like a recruitment drive, lol, it's not, that post is already up.

No one has left our faction, either.

That has NOTHING to do with the statement that neither of us KNOWS the people in our faction.

Just because you interact with someone, doesn't mean you know them.

Heck, people are married for 25 years, ONLY to learn they never knew their spouse!!!!

All that fondness that you feel for those STRANGERS, is as real as that fake army you command.

That goes for me, too.

You don't know those people, other than what you THINK you know.

Neither do I know my faction.

This is just one big fantasy.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Fair enough, although personality traits still come across, and you form your own opinions based on that. You are absolutely correct though, it is what you think you know, but I like this "illusion" that I have, it makes me justify doing stupid things with my money like spending it on pixels, lol