Playing Modern War for FREE

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing Modern War for FREE

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Playing Modern War for FREE

I've been playing MW for about a year, off and on. I have not spent a single dime on the game. I know that there are many people who spend hundreds on this game. Unless there is a way to get massive amounts of gold for free I don't know about. I just don't understand why. Why are you willing to spend money to play a game you can play for free?

Banned
    Post Count

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by rollnthundr View Post
    I've been playing MW for about a year, off and on. I have not spent a single dime on the game. I know that there are many people who spend hundreds on this game. Unless there is a way to get massive amounts of gold for free I don't know about. I just don't understand why. Why are you willing to spend money to play a game you can play for free?
    Because they choose to spend THEIR money THEIR way!!!!!!!!!

Why do some people own $500,000,000 mansions, some people rent $200 a month apartment in the slums, and some people are homeless?

Choices, my friend, we all make our own choices.

Don't waste time trying to understand, just repsect the choices other people make.

Post Count
    It's better than being addicted to meth

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    But meth gives you so much back lmao.
    Attack: three fifty
    Defense : 3.50
    Iph: tree fifty

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Having said that I would like to see a gold free version of this game, I think it would be more interesting and not who has the deepest pockets. But as pj had said on numerous posts. Choices

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwhatafinish View Post
    Having said that I would like to see a gold free version of this game, I think it would be more interesting and not who has the deepest pockets. But as pj had said on numerous posts. Choices
    There are free games that cost a couple bucks to download.
    Or, spend a few dollars more and get great console game.
    There is NOTHING free about iOS based games, nothing.
    Nothing is FREE.
    If something tells you its FREE, stay away, far away.
    These games tend to have issues that you don't see in console based games.

Post Count
    Good point PJ, but also without those people spending money on this game it wouldn't exist, Gree wouldn't exist. There would be no updates, no patches, no support. Hackers would run the game, and if fairness to Gree I have seen a lot less of them lately. It's about time people thanked Gree for once, they do listen and they do change things from listening to their customers. People don't notice it half the time but that's cause they are usually complaining instead. I'm a free player and have been since the start, I appreciate been able to play in this game, and that there's an option to spend money, like PJ said its all about choices.
    IPH: 1 mil
    Attack: 80k
    Defence: 93 k
    Faction: DFU II
    Non gold user.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    System, your right and I can respect that. Gree has produced a fun game and should be compinsated for it. PJs response is ok to a point, but a bit childish. A million dollar home I can sell and get at least some of my money back if not make a few bucks. I mean I understand the idea that we all have money that we throw away. We spend it on a concert or a toy or whatever. I see the value in those things and in this game to a point. I guess my question is one of bang for your buck. I'll give an example, I looked up the correct leaders in the mission chest part of the game and to get in the top 50, players had to spend at least $100 just in that one small area of the game. All that to get a pc-9m attack jet? that you can't resell or even give away?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Why do i get cable tv when i can get tv for free? Because i want to
    Why do i get a new car when i can get a used car? Because i want to
    Why do i stay in nice hotels on vacations when i can stay in cheap hotel? Because i want to
    Why do i pay extra money for a smart phone when i can get a regular phone for cheaper? Because i want to
    Why do i go out to eat when i can eat at home for cheaper? Because i want to
    Why do i use charmin when i can use cheap toilet paper instead? Because i want to

Banned
    Post Count
    System, your right and I can respect that. Gree has produced a fun game and should be compinsated for it. PJs response is ok to a point, but a bit childish. A million dollar home I can sell and get at least some of my money back if not make a few bucks. I mean I understand the idea that we all have money that we throw away. We spend it on a concert or a toy or whatever. I see the value in those things and in this game to a point. I guess my question is one of bang for your buck. I'll give an example, I looked up the correct leaders in the mission chest part of the game and to get in the top 50, players had to spend at least $100 just in that one small area of the game. All that to get a pc-9m attack jet? that you can't resell or even give away?
    You understand it, but you're stepping over it.
    Don't use YOUR values or reasoning when trying to understand why others do or don't so something.
    We are all different.
    We all have value systems.

I never understood why anyone would want to use illegal drugs, molest a child, beat their spouse, cheat on their spouse, steal, not want to pay their own way, why one sibling fails and the others succeed, why people go to prison, why if you went to prison - you'd screw up and go back to prison, why would I mess up on probation, why get drunk and drive, why have sex with an animal, why have sex with a human that looks like an animal, why waste one minute playing this game for FREE, when you could get a second or third job and make MONEY, etc...

There are many things you will never understand.

So, accept what you see and move on, we are all different.
    Last edited by PIRATE JUSTICE; 04-07-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PIRATE JUSTICE View Post
    You understand it, but you're stepping over it.
    Don't use YOUR values or reasoning when trying to understand why others do or don't so something.
    We are all different.
    We all have value systems.

I never understood why anyone would want to use illegal drugs, molest a child, beat their spouse, cheat on their spouse, steal, not want to pay their own way, why one sibling fails and the others succeed, why people go to prison, why if you went to prison - you'd screw up and go back to prison, why would I mess up on probation, why get drunk and drive, why have sex with an animal, why have sex with a human that looks like an animal, why waste one minute playing this game for FREE, when you could get a second or third job and make MONEY, etc...

There are many things you will never understand.

So, accept what you see and move one, we are all different.
    PJ - we have some differences on things however I can agree with you on this...to a point. This is a double-edged sword my friend. What about those who do spend the money that treat those who don't differently? That happens as well right? To rub that in ones face in this game is the same concept but on the other end. Just because I don't spend that money in this game doesn't mean I don't have it, I make my own choices. Some don't see this on both ends...

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CDR Shepard View Post
    PJ - we have some differences on things however I can agree with you on this...to a point. This is a double-edged sword my friend. What about those who do spend the money that treat those who don't differently? That happens as well right? To rub that in ones face in this game is the same concept but on the other end. Just because I don't spend that money in this game doesn't mean I don't have it, I make my own choices. Some don't see this on both ends...
    People will always discriminate.

That wasn't the issue, but taking it one step farther: What if someone spent $5,000, someone else spent $10,000, and someone else spent $100,000? Then along comes someone who dropped $500,000. That's an age old battle. People always make assumptions about things.

But, the answer remains the same. Its none of my business what anyone does. I am not the boss of anyone but myself.

Post Count
    I paid maybe $100 so far but consider myself a free player.

The simple answer is, because they can. And it's not really anyone's concern but theirs. If they get pleasure out of what they do then why not, and it sure seems like some of them great pleasure from the game and other aspects as well.... Heh heh...

Life's short, you could walk out the door and get picked off by a bus or come down with some terminal illness. Why worry about something this trivial? Why worry if folks come darken your base or write nasty stuff on your wall, it's just a game.

When you start taking it too seriously then that's when the warning bells should start going off...
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Okay, so I take a vacation that costs me 5k, I have a friend who spent 150k on a vacation for the same duration of time. We both had a wonderful time, though his was more lavish than mine. Neither of us can ever sell that and recoup a penny of that money. It's memories, experiences. As PJ said, don't out your values in place of others. I enjoy the experience I have had in this game, and instead of lasting 10 days, it has lasted for over a year. So the return of time vs money spent for my fun is greater in the game, if you were to put it in those terms. I would say that most gold players do not disparage free players. In fact, it's the other way around. Many many gree payers, here in the forums , and in the game have derided hose who spend in the game. I havnt even asked for, a thank you for your ability to play this game, since I am paying for many free players. I don't mind. There are ones who do appreciate it, but those with negative feedback make themselves known more often, and louder. Enjoy your free game. Do not feel that you are in competition we me, play at your own level. I am in competition with other spenders.

Post Count
    Okay, so I take a vacation that costs me 5k, I have a friend who spent 150k on a vacation for the same duration of time. We both had a wonderful time, though his was more lavish than mine. Neither of us can ever sell that and recoup a penny of that money. It's memories, experiences. As PJ said, don't out your values in place of others. I enjoy the experience I have had in this game, and instead of lasting 10 days, it has lasted for over a year. So the return of time vs money spent for my fun is greater in the game, if you were to put it in those terms. I would say that most gold players do not disparage free players. In fact, it's the other way around. Many many gree payers, here in the forums , and in the game have derided hose who spend in the game. I havnt even asked for, a thank you for your ability to play this game, since I am paying for many free players. I don't mind. There are ones who do appreciate it, but those with negative feedback make themselves known more often, and louder. Enjoy your free game. Do not feel that you are in competition we me, play at your own level. I am in competition with other spenders.
    Well said Speed ump, well said.

I guess they will never understand it unless they get up there and see the world from a different point of view.