If you could ask GREE ONE question, what would it be? - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could ask GREE ONE question, what would it be?

Post Count
    CJ - thank you for the detailed explanation. Greatly appreciated. I look forward to your response about support. Thanks again!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Seany527 View Post
    Wow, never expected, or even thought of getting a response from CJ. VERY Impressed. Thanks!
    This should be expected as he is a forum moderator and an employee of Gree. If he's not answering, then Gree needs to start assessing moderators on the board. Nothing against CJ, but, he *should* be there
    SAS 4 Life

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Anyone who has been pulling some kind of exploit like that and is still around is going to get a really nasty surprise very soon, during which process I will be playing the world's smallest violin for them and drinking a glass of red.

The sooner the better! I can't wait! I'm all tingly with excitement!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppers View Post
    The sooner the better! I can't wait! I'm all tingly with excitement!
    Does your husband know about this? CJ might want to look out for Mr. Salt coming at him.
    I've gone super Rogue.

Updated Hood Planner (w/ Bloody Barber Shop)

MT's Camping Guide

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramshutu View Post
    And myself and other "so called" programming experts have some ideas about novel ways of detecting hackers in general that may or may not be simple. What would be a good way to forward these to you, and would you be interested
    Some would actually be quite simple. Start by flagging every account that more than one of a non-boss event item, especially one of a kind items. Then start flagging every account that has more than one "six of a kind" scratcher item, and at least flag the account for scratcher purchase history.

Ultimately, I think what is needed are 12 hour snapshots going back quite a bit. Any quick upgrades and large cash infusions/cash item purchases would either require a gold or cash purchase or is a hack, so those can be reviewed against purchase history.

They get more complicated but the first one should be trivially easy if there is a database which can be queried.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by kerching View Post
    I would ask whether poor wi-fi signal makes you more likely to get a 'BLNT' when opening a case.
    The answer is yes
    No Gold Forever

IPH 28m

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by montecore View Post
    Some would actually be quite simple. Start by flagging every account that more than one of a non-boss event item, especially one of a kind items. Then start flagging every account that has more than one "six of a kind" scratcher item, and at least flag the account for scratcher purchase history.

Ultimately, I think what is needed are 12 hour snapshots going back quite a bit. Any quick upgrades and large cash infusions/cash item purchases would either require a gold or cash purchase or is a hack, so those can be reviewed against purchase history.

They get more complicated but the first one should be trivially easy if there is a database which can be queried.
    Yeah, this is right. You could have 4 fire monsters and people would think youre lucky.

Banned
    Post Count

Ultimately, I think what is needed are 12 hour snapshots going back quite a bit.
    I'm amazed how much emphasis is placed on screenshots, and how heavily relied on they are around here. Anyone can obviously edit a screenshot.

I know they're not the be-all end-all, but a big emphasis is placed on them.

Sorry, nothing productive to add. Since we gotta ask a question or risk being off topic: GREE, why hasn't anyone added any sorting or deletion capabilities for loot and equipment?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Anyone who has been pulling some kind of exploit like that and is still around is going to get a really nasty surprise very soon, during which process I will be playing the world's smallest violin for them and drinking a glass of
    I really hope this is the case. Hopefully before next war give those syndicates supporting them a problem before it starts. Also curious how syndicates who benefited from cash hacking will be treated.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by the_brein View Post
    I'm amazed how much emphasis is placed on screenshots, and how heavily relied on they are around here. Anyone can obviously edit a screenshot.
    He was probably referring to a snapshot of the raw data on the backend, for comparison over time.
    -splint

Banned
    Post Count
    My question is since it is so hard to put new stuff into crime city, when are crime city and MW going to be modernized on par with the other two games? As far as I am concerned I think crime city, the game that was first amongst all these, should be your primary focus. My allegiance is skewed because I have been in crime city 21 months. Defense buildings need reworking, there should be far larger hoods, more buildings, and even more item options for cash and respect and gold. Defense buildings need to be made valuable to have.

Support used to be awesome and needs a huge reworking.

I hope crime city can be brought to the top again. As you have seen with the syndicate events, the people that play this game are by far your hardest hitters and biggest spenders, so your focus should shift to this game immediately.

Also, CJ, thank you for your detailed responses in this thread. They have helped soften even my hard view on the perceived lack of game advancement.

Post Count
    I would ask him why Ram thinks himself some sort of hot shot technical expert...everyone else knows Ramshutu is a computer noob. I heard he didn't even know 10 + 10 = 100. On a more serious note about that - didn't Ferr get temporarily B& for putting together a group of white hats?

Would want to know if the bonus program is in a permanent state of less-than-awesome or a temporary transition phase while the script gets the bugs ironed out.
    Last edited by mxz; 04-07-2013 at 07:21 PM.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Banned
    Post Count
    I would ask is it an office joke and they just like to **** with us for ****s and giggles, do they just not care since we pay anyway or are their staff and programmers really as incompetent as they appear

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

It does not even need to be this involved/time consuming. What Gree could do is be sneaky and run an event where players could purchase gold using game money for a limited time - say 3 days. If the price was something like $250 million for 20 bars of gold - all Gree would need to do is flag players who have used $1 billion or more of their game cash and cross check this against their IPH.

Cash hackers would not be able to resist and has the added bonus of rewarding long time players who have invested a great deal of their life and money in the game.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Lets just start by getting rid of the obvious cheating players and syndicates because there are alot out there