Syndicate Battle Communication & Scheduling

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Syndicate Battle Communication & Scheduling

Post Count

Syndicate Battle Communication & Scheduling

How does your syndicate organize participation in battles?

Do you use a set schedule, the in-game forum, the funzio forum, or some third party software? Or just let people show up at random?

How did it work during the last battle (how did your syndicate rank)?

Interested to hear what different syndicates do, if anything at all.

Consistent Contributor Ghost Recon's Avatar
    Post Count
    My faction uses a mixture of our out-of-game website and our ingame forums. Works great. Last battle, we got around rank 703.
    Last edited by Ghost Recon; 04-06-2013 at 10:33 PM.
    Add Me
    Modern War: 184-453-105
    Crime City: 498-695-076

Banned
    Post Count
    I'd like to know too.

Perhaps an iirc chat room, or a message board. Perhaps the MW forums have some good ideas since they've been doing it much longer.

I do know that time zone coordination is a big part of it.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Ho hum, is naming a third party app against forum rules? The one my MW and CC groups use is specifically designed for group use, and works like a dream. In KA the guild I'm in used a combination of a small group on Kik posting scouting info on the in-game forum - we finished 13th there so it worked well enough. Still felt clunky to me though

In CC, Silent Assassins finished 3rd
    In MW, VFF Camps & Tramps finished 331st (good enough for a mostly camping group with moderate stats)
    In KA, DumDeDum finished 13th
    Last edited by sister morphine; 04-06-2013 at 11:02 PM.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Banned
    Post Count
    Sure, any messaging app will probably do the trick. In combination of the in game forum.

Anyone got some tricks they just wanna waste and give away for free?!!!

Consistent Contributor Ghost Recon's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by the_brein View Post
    Sure, any messaging app will probably do the trick. In combination of the in game forum.

Anyone got some tricks they just wanna waste and give away for free?!!!
    I can pm you the website maker I used for my syndicate if you want. It's great, easy to use, and best of all, free.
    Add Me
    Modern War: 184-453-105
    Crime City: 498-695-076

Consistent Contributor nytelock's Avatar
    Post Count
    We do have our own professional forum.

FwD Syndicate Medals:

http://www.famouswhendead.info/

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Recon View Post
    I can pm you the website maker I used for my syndicate if you want. It's great, easy to use, and best of all, free.
    I appreciate the generosity. I'm not sure my syndicate is ready for that. We gotta first get everyone to commit a little more before we could even start having them check a second resource. I'm sure our syndicate will hit 500. I feel we can hit the 250 mark. Just a couple gold spenders make a big difference. Gotta weed out the weaklings.

Banned
    Post Count
    We passed notes from cell to cell when the guards were not watching....

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Carrier pigeons.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mofisto View Post
    Carrier pigeons.
    Just because this works in the seven kingdoms, don't mean it's gonna work here. And it was ravens not pigeons!

Post Count
    We use smoke signals, bell chimes, battle cries and war horns to signal the start of battle to our members. It has been working pretty well for us thus far.
    Someday - and that day my never come, I'll call upon you to do a favour for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dart View Post
    How does your syndicate organize participation in battles?

Do you use a set schedule, the in-game forum, the funzio forum, or some third party software? Or just let people show up at random?

How did it work during the last battle (how did your syndicate rank)?

Interested to hear what different syndicates do, if anything at all.
    The way to summarise HTC communication is as follows:

Our communication normally involves saying that the event starts tommorow, and we should come up with a plan, then spending the next five days with the leadership shouting at me for posting fat naked guy pics in war chat.

Occasionally someone comes up with a plan, and spending the next 58minutes explaining it only to find evilc shouting "leeeeerooooy" and proceeding to single handledly run in and kill the entire other team. Then luci storms in shouts at everyone for hitting the command centre. Tom normally has the best strategy, but because it's Tom, we just do the opposite until we make him cry. Bill or Henry sometimes come in sounding all serious, which that only lasts for about 3 minute until one of them makes a comment like "we need to hit them hard" to which I generally reply...

Proud owner of a sense of humour - and is not afraid to use it.

365 587 968

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramshutu View Post

Our communication normally involves saying that the event starts tommorow, and we should come up with a plan, then spending the next five days with the leadership shouting at me for posting fat naked guy pics in war chat.

Occasionally someone comes up with a plan, and spending the next 58minutes explaining it only to find evilc shouting "leeeeerooooy" and proceeding to single handledly run in and kill the entire other team. Then luci storms in shouts at everyone for hitting the command centre. Tom normally has the best strategy, but because it's Tom, we just do the opposite until we make him cry. Bill or Henry sometimes come in sounding all serious, which that only lasts for about 3 minute until one of them makes a comment like "we need to hit them hard" to which I generally reply...

That sounds like a fat naked guy pic challenge....
    To the HTC batcave

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramshutu View Post

Ram! Stop telling everyone our tactics! You're already nearing a disciplinary for your explicit photos.

and yes that was all said in my serious voice
    CC History

Financial District Fallout >FC's unbeaten reign came to an end in a fair fight against SAS on 18/11/13.

We Be Clubbin' District >Fight Club won its 14th district in a row and retired as the greatest syndicate in CC.

Nightlife District Knockout >Lights Out took 1st place from SAS by a mere 47,644 points.

Bay Harbor Beach Brawl >1st. TAW - 128m, 2nd. SAS - 122m, 3rd. SC - 40m