Gold spending question.

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gold spending question.

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Gold spending question.

Say I wanted to spend like $20 a month (650 gold bars)...how would you suggest these bars be spent?
    The way I see it going, I'd assume the best way would be to buy crates in 3 for 175 and get the prizes from those to help boost stats. Anyone have other suggestions?
    CC-
    572 739 028
    364 082 430
    668 483 974

Quote Originally Posted by tam
    ... if you believe you can buy a first place prize, knock yourself out buying one
    Prove to us all that its possible...I dare your do it
    Put your money were your mouth is
    its not possible to win with money

Consistent Contributor Ghost Recon's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedevil View Post
    Say I wanted to spend like $20 a month (650 gold bars)...how would you suggest these bars be spent?
    The way I see it going, I'd assume the best way would be to buy crates in 3 for 175 and get the prizes from those to help boost stats. Anyone have other suggestions?
    Depends on when you bought it. If a syndicate battle is coming up and you're just shy of the next prize tier, I'd use it there. If an Epic Boss or Collect 10 event was going on, I'd use it on those. If nothing special is coming up, I'd just spend in on whatever (Crates, Scratchers, etc.)
    Add Me
    Modern War: 184-453-105
    Crime City: 498-695-076

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Are the scratches worth it? It's 20 for an item that hopefully will be obsolete and under stats for what I'm equipping when I'm getting crate items.
    As far as the boss and collect 10 events, it's so much of a chance...I was at 9 and used ~500 gold to not get my 10th bond. I had 41 opens after my 9th bond was received and never got the 10th one. Even opened 17 in OT and didn't help...that makes me think its not worth it there. Boss events I can understand. I should've bought my gold earlier and used it to get to 40 instead of stopping at 30..my mistake there
    CC-
    572 739 028
    364 082 430
    668 483 974

... if you believe you can buy a first place prize, knock yourself out buying one

Post Count
    If your stats in your sig are right, you've got some work to do before you're a boss killer since you just passed the tier, but once you get close to there, your gold is (and pretty much everything else in your game should be) best spent finishing off 40 bosses. It's the bees knees.

Until then, I say definitely no to scratchers and spend it on limited time items or crates, spending if you like to gamble or not.
    I've gone super Rogue.

Updated Hood Planner (w/ Bloody Barber Shop)

MT's Camping Guide

Banned
    Post Count
    With one major exception to post above: if Gree comes out with another promo building, get it. Last one was the Frosty Hideout. Those wee beasts. All previous promo buildings were also amazing. These will win the game for you.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MattThomas08 View Post
    If your stats in your sig are right, you've got some work to do before you're a boss killer since you just passed the tier, but once you get close to there, your gold is (and pretty much everything else in your game should be) best spent finishing off 40 bosses. It's the bees knees.

Until then, I say definitely no to scratchers and spend it on limited time items or crates, spending if you like to gamble or not.
    The stats are actually a little off. Level 39- 20k/23k. That's a reason I'm looking at crates, to help boost those numbers (though they are high when looking at the majority at my level)...
    I plan to sit here after the battle and build my iph up. But I do agree that the boss ones are the best. I got the car from bean town Bernie or whatever. That was the first boss I was here for.

Quote Originally Posted by the_brein View Post
    With one major exception to post above: if Gree comes out with another promo building, get it. Last one was the Frosty Hideout. Those wee beasts. All previous promo buildings were also amazing. These will win the game for you.
    I plan to get one if they one out with one, but that would be extra spent, not included inthe normally monthly amount.
    CC-
    572 739 028
    364 082 430
    668 483 974

Banned
    Post Count
    Man, I've always been skeptical about the crates.

The limited time items always rock. As far as I can tell, they are always better than the regularly stocked items. Take the gamble out if it and go for he sure thing.

I had started doing $20 a month. Then I moved it up to $50 a month. Except when there's a 40% off sale. I get a vault then.

Post Count
    I really hope they bring back the Frosty Hideout this year, just started playing CC after it was gone.

I used about 500 gold to beat the Last Boss. Will prob need about 300 to beat the next one. Will never use it on the Collect 20/current event though.

Post Count
    In my experience, crates are your best bet. Especially at your stat level you should see a nice increase, won't level up, and you will be more powerful for future bosses........ do it, c'mon do it

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Crates and boss events. Limited edition gold items are rarely worth it (there are exceptions though).

Scratchers are a waste.

Henchmen are always a good bet though.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mofisto View Post
    Crates and boss events. Limited edition gold items are rarely worth it (there are exceptions though).

Scratchers are a waste.

Henchmen are always a good bet though.
    Agree with almost everything you said... Except henchmen are always a good bet..... My experience henchmen are a worthless...oh wait... You are not talking about the poster above...damn... Disregard...lol

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Henchmen? Explain?
    The way I equate it, I can get a time bomb for 60/60(120) that costs 60 gold. You're paying 1/2 a bar for each stat increase (thought you wouldn't have to worry as much about consuableswith tht)...
    With a crate, the lowest ranked item in there right now is 66/102 (168) and costs 58.3 gold (175/3). You're paying (without a calculator) roughly 1/3 gold bar for every stat.that doesn't een take in to consideration that there are rares and uncommons that would be even more worth it in the long run.
    CC-
    572 739 028
    364 082 430
    668 483 974

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedevil View Post
    Henchmen? Explain?
    The way I equate it, I can get a time bomb for 60/60(120) that costs 60 gold. You're paying 1/2 a bar for each stat increase (thought you wouldn't have to worry as much about consuableswith tht)...
    With a crate, the lowest ranked item in there right now is 66/102 (168) and costs 58.3 gold (175/3). You're paying (without a calculator) roughly 1/3 gold bar for every stat.that doesn't een take in to consideration that there are rares and uncommons that would be even more worth it in the long run.
    Your logic re crates is sound - I did the same calculation and assuming that one doesn't consistently get commons (and based on personal experience and from reading posts here that doesn't happen) then crates offer better value over LE items. I've bought maybe 5 or 6 crates in the last few weeks and only got all commons once.

As for henchmen, don't waste your money. It's a bit of an in-joke on the forum that henchmen are really useful when they are actually completely pointless (You can just go to the Add Mafia section and invite friends that way or become a VIP). There are certainly better things to spend the 17 gold on that each henchman would cost.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I've gotten the '3crate special' one one and all were commons but it still was better then any other option stay wise that was available. Hopefully that's not consistent.

As far as henchmen, I didn't realize the 'plus one mafia' was called henchmen.

How often are the prizes in the crates replaced? I know these just came out like last week. Are the redone once a month or more consistently? Asking because I wouldn't want to buy 9 crates (525 gold) of the same crates only to find newer ones come out as often as the LE get replaced.
    CC-
    572 739 028
    364 082 430
    668 483 974

Post Count
    new crates are released quite frequently. Buy what's best for you and your play style.