6 17.14%
  • Other <300

1 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Go-to valor unit?

Banned
    Post Count

Go-to valor unit?

I've been doing nothing but raiding low stat players for valor missions for over 30 levels now and have spent the majority of my valor on super hornets and elite water cruisers. I just want to know what the forum's go-to valor unit is.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Personally I'd say a good mixture of all of them.

I think if you go for too much of 1 type (say maybe more than 350/400) then you start getting ridiculous losses. Never had more than around 200 of each so can't confirm with my experience.

Generally the units unlocked through the PVP ranks are much better value than the rest as well

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Well I used to love the Stealth Frigate since I have the UK Nation bonus, but that is a thing of the past. I normally try to purchase the valor units awarded for ranks as they seem to offer better stat value per valor point. Personally I think that it depends on your style of play, if you are looking long term or short term, and if you are in the yes-yes or no-no. If you are in the yes-yes club (losing 3 - 4 units every attack regardless of opponents strength) then I tend to focus on short term stat increases as it seems that valor units go quickly for me regardless of their said casualty rate. I lose Hardened Marines, Super Hornets, Elite Water Cruisers, and Elite Ops Helicopters at what seems like the same rate, but those are my go to units. If you are in the no-no club then you can probably afford to splurge on higher valor units since they will be around for longer. Another important thing is what your lowest unit's stats are that you bring into value and what your overall stat increase will bring from each of the valor units purchased when you replace that lower unit with them.

Banned
    Post Count
    My cutoff point is 400. I have 400 hornets and nearly 400 water cruisers so I'm trying to see what to get next.

Post Count
    None. Their casualty rates are atrocious.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Don View Post
    None. Their casualty rates are atrocious.
    I agree. the recent look into the future for many of us spells the end of any use for most of these units

Post Count
    Valor Units should Suppliment your Army not Create it.

Buying even 100 Valor Units of the same type you will see decent casualties.

My reccomendation is to keep your entire army 10-15% Valor and probably not any higher.

Then again if you have the No Casualty Glitch ignore me completely.

Again mix them up but Elite Water cruiser is your best bet if you have unlocked on that list.
    VFF Legends

Lurker
    Post Count

Too many valor units?

I'm pretty heavy on hornets and drones. What type of cash units are good? Is it going to hurt me if I have a ton of the cheap units? I'm slowly building up with cheap units with low casualty rate. Submarines and other units around $100k. Once those are built up to 200 I'll start on the more expensive units. Thoughts?

Post Count
    Crakley....too many Unknowns for me to give you a good Direction.

First what is your IPH
    Next what Unit buildings do you have unlocked?
    What Flag do you fly

Some always advoacate to go for the best units you can buy. Personally i don't agree and i think you should tier your units like you are talking about so you can afford the losses while over time making yourself more powerful.

Along time ago (LONG time ago)

I started to use the A10 Warthog as my meatshield. (250)
    Then i started to by Seals and Subs (200/200)
    Then it was Commandos (600...although i wouldn't reccomend this many i simply needed attack for objective)
    Then i buy Demolitions/B52's (500/500)
    Super Bombers and new Units...sky is the limit

On Defensive Side i go
    Military Ambulances and Sea Scouts (using these primarily until you are using Demolitions and B52's on offese)
    SSD
    Aircraft Carriers
    VFF Legends

Lurker
    Post Count
    I'm at about $300k per hour.

Those damn commandos have a 67% casualty rate! Sarcastic of course, but you know what I mean. I'm flying 'Merica. I guess I could switch flags. I have enough gold. Is it a 10% increase with a flag?

Post Count
    I have 1-GIGN that has lasted me for the past year. He never seems to die. I like to call him "Mr. No-No"