If you used the "free" gold...

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you used the "free" gold...

Banned
    Post Count

If you used the "free" gold...

If you used that free gold and expect to legitimately purchase gold in the future, be prepared.

Lets pretend you thought it was a good idea to boosts your stats, and you'll just buy more gold on sale when Market Plaza Crash hits. Maybe you had even saved some for the event and now that's gone.

You can expect to not be able to purchase any gold until you pay for the amount you used.

If you owe Gree for the full 65,000 gold, you will need to purchase 43.333 vaults before you receive anything. At 20% off, that's $3,467.00 USD. You might want to sign up for the bonus program before doing that😃

They know who got the gold and who didn't. If I was in this position, I would contact support, explain my situation and beg them to reset my account to the point of time just prior to the screw-up. Maybe they will help...after all the initial mistake was there's.

Either way, enjoy your stat boosts, see you @Market Plaza

Post Count
    they will not put you negative gold for something they screwed up on
    Last edited by Babytway; 04-06-2013 at 07:20 AM.

Post Count
    Yeah, that wouldn't make sense. Would gree make a bad decision like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I don't think they'd ever stop people from buying gold

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Babytway View Post
    they will not put you negative gold for something the screw up on
    Indeed, this is just a scare tactic by the poster.

Post Count
    I didn't get any free gold but i would like an explanation from Gree as to how this happened.

It takes them weeks to apply my bonuses (Which i'm still waiting for btw) yet they manage to credit players with an amount of gold larger than most of my bonuses.

Epic fail Gree

and the fact you've created one of the best games i've ever played yet you constantly make blunders really makes me laugh.

I really wish they'd give me a job as Communications Manager, i'd turn their reputation around in no time.
    CC History

Financial District Fallout >FC's unbeaten reign came to an end in a fair fight against SAS on 18/11/13.

We Be Clubbin' District >Fight Club won its 14th district in a row and retired as the greatest syndicate in CC.

Nightlife District Knockout >Lights Out took 1st place from SAS by a mere 47,644 points.

Bay Harbor Beach Brawl >1st. TAW - 128m, 2nd. SAS - 122m, 3rd. SC - 40m

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Nonsense... Most people won't ever even attempt to "pay that back" as you suggest they will need to. Do you think gree would implement a policy that would DECREASE the likelihood of future purchases? A solution will NOT come in the form of paying back the gold.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Babytway View Post
    they will not put you negative gold for something the screw up on
    Baby is right, that would just cause even more drama and lost revenue. It's their screw up, they need to solve the problem without upsetting people even more.
    I also know someone that spent the gold and they bought gold to test that theory and they received and still have the gold, no negative balance.

They should really push the war and all events back until this is solved, I'm sure more people then not spent the gold and are at 0 right now. I understand it's the fault of the person who spent it, but the majority of the blame goes to greed for this colossal F up due to the constant incompetence they display whenever they add a new feature.

If the past represents what they will do in the future, or in this case present, they will not punish the player for their mistakes. Then again who knows, this kind of mess up has never happened, one thing is for sure someone or several people are looking for a new job after this.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    The obvious thing they could do would be what happened when the OG Town Car with stats of circa 39/52 dropped at Canal Street one night. Those got nerfed down to 1/1 very quickly.

This would be rather more complicated as they would need to go through all players in this position and nerf just those items bought with this bad gold. They definitely need to do so though, as 65,000 gold can be a massive stat boost to the people who received and spent it. The remainder should not suffer a disadvantage. The only other way to remedy it would be to credit all other players in the bonus scheme who did not get this windfall with items to give them the average boost the beneficiaries gained.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    What I don't understand is why this wasn't properly tested prior to hitting GO.

Big thanks to Kristin for working her butt off to make sure the proper bonuses are getting applied. There's got to be tons of people she needs to manually fix. I hope the developers buy her a really nice dinner for her troubles.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Consistent Contributor Dr Girlfriend's Avatar
    Post Count
    I think everyone who plays the game honestly should be awarded 65k gold to offset the hackers attacking and robbing them.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Girlfriend View Post
    I think everyone who plays the game honestly should be awarded 65k gold to offset the hackers attacking and robbing them.
    I doubt the people who have spent heavily on gold to get the advantage they have would appreciate the inflation devaluing what they've already purchased. Some of them are already unhappy with the inflation rates making being an early adopter somewhat disadvantageous.
    I've gone super Rogue.

Updated Hood Planner (w/ Bloody Barber Shop)

MT's Camping Guide

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MattThomas08 View Post
    I doubt the people who have spent heavily on gold to get the advantage they have would appreciate the inflation devaluing what they've already purchased. Some of them are already unhappy with the inflation rates making being an early adopter somewhat disadvantageous.
    Maybe Matt, but how many of them might have been complaining that common rewards from bosses and crates were adding little or nothing to their stats? Inflation becomes inevitable when even a small number buy their way to that advantage
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    Maybe Matt, but how many of them might have been complaining that common rewards from bosses and crates were adding little or nothing to their stats? Inflation becomes inevitable when even a small number buy their way to that advantage
    Yeah true. Inflation is inevitable to sustain growth of the game. Just not hyperinflation like 65k gold.
    I've gone super Rogue.

Updated Hood Planner (w/ Bloody Barber Shop)

MT's Camping Guide

Consistent Contributor Dr Girlfriend's Avatar
    Post Count
    I guess your snark meter is broken.