Opinion - what is the best money building to upgrade to level 10?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinion - what is the best money building to upgrade to level 10?

Articulate Author Major Elvis Newton's Avatar
    Post Count

Opinion - what is the best money building to upgrade to level 10?

I'm gonna go with Electric Power plant or Supply Depot because of how fast they generate money. But I can't usually log in every 10 minutes to collect. Any opinions on money buildings that are collectable every few hours?
    Add my mini
    modern war 401 427 287

Post Count
    I would assume any limited money buildings are best to upgrade to 10

Post Count
    I'm kind of partial to the Munitions Depot, not overly expensive to upgrade and doesn't take that long for the first upgrades. Some of the limiteds are really expensive so that means exposed cash, granted depends I guess on your IPH and vault size.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I think the best building in MW... time to upgrade/ upgrade cost/ IPH boost is the oil rig and they are really easy to collect on time!

Still you need to be rich to get them to lvl 10!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    You actually have to consider the number of clicks it takes to make back the money to pay for the upgrades. The cost of the upgrades will vary depending upon what level your cement factory is as well, assuming you have it. I have not yet upgraded my electric power plants due to the cost and return of income. Assuming no discount to upgrade the electric power plant would cost 4 million. If I were to upgrade it, I would have to collect from it about 238 times in order to get my money back. That is approximately 40 days based on how often I collect and with my upgrade discount. That is just going from a level 1 to level 2. In all honesty that would be one of the later upgrades I would make. That's just my opinion.

I don't have any of my buildings to level 10 yet, but so far the oil derricks are one that tend to be quicker about getting your money back based on my experience and according to the base planner I use to determine what to upgrade or purchase next. The next time I upgrade an oil derrick will only take me about 3 clicks to make my money back. From what I've read from other people on the forum, the cement factory is a good one to upgrade to level 10. I know it isn't a money building in that it doesn't pay out on a regular basis, but people say that it is worth every penny to pay to upgrade it because of how much it can save you when you go to purchase the expensive buildings and the LE money buildings are expensive to upgrade, at least for me. The only one I have been able to afford so far is the Jinai facility, and it will cost me over 15 million to upgrade to level 2 and not sure what the payout would be when I do decide to upgrade. You really want a better idea of what to upgrade, I would recommend downloading one of the base planners that people have come up with and play with the numbers yourself if you aren't already using this type of a tool. I have one I use that I put in what money buildings I have (it doesn't include the LE buildings) and the level and build my base and upgrade it based on whatever of the criteria is listed that I choose to use.

Typing away in an old Cold War missile silo.
    Post Count
    Any limited building. Of course, for any of them other than the jinai, you better have a lot of spare cash on hand to get there.
    |Trophy Case|
    Dust, a few rubles, cobwebs, gum wrappers, obsolete units

Post Count
    If you are an iOS player there is a free app called the Modern War Toolkit. Once you've put your buildings in and the level they are all at you can see what would be best to upgrade next. I'm level 29 and have all of the cash buildings up to level 28. For maximum gain the toolkit advises me to update (in order)

Oil Refineries to level 2
    Ore Mines to level 2
    Munitions Stockpiles to level 7
    Natural Gas Plants to level 6
    etc....

Hope that helps.
    Crime City
    Ziva | 862•538•474
    Syndicate: No Wankers

Post Count
    all of them

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaM View Post
    If you are an iOS player there is a free app called the Modern War Toolkit. Once you've put your buildings in and the level they are all at you can see what would be best to upgrade next. I'm level 29 and have all of the cash buildings up to level 28. For maximum gain the toolkit advises me to update (in order)

Oil Refineries to level 2
    Ore Mines to level 2
    Munitions Stockpiles to level 7
    Natural Gas Plants to level 6
    etc....

Hope that helps.
    I downloaded a toolkit right from here on the forum in case the person isn't on iOS.

Post Count
    Depends what "every few hours" means, and what other factors you might want to include, like ROI or time to save etc; but if it's just a simple 3 hour or less collection, then The Nuclear plants return the greatest income per hour at L10. Not what I would choose to be my primary $ maker though.
    My choice at L10 would be the Alexandria Villa and a $36,000,000 (unboosted) collection every 12 hours.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I think the munitions stockpiles are great. They may take a long time to upgrade to 10 but the cost to do so is so incredibly cheap. Level 10 I think makes 360k fry 24 hrs, and the upgrade costs around 750k.

Military markets and natural gas plants are the same way. NGS to 10 costs like 8 million and the MM maybe 2-3 million (?).

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    PITA4PRES, where did you find the tool kit for non-iOS players?

Verbose Veteran Ph4ntom Stranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly982 View Post
    PITA4PRES, where did you find the tool kit for non-iOS players?
    It's only on iOS. Khimsoo the forum member is the one who made it.

As for the money buildings, I don't go so much with the ROI, I understand its usefulness, but when you upgrade the buildings that will give the best payouts for your desired collecting habits. If you only log on a couple times a day what good would it do to upgrade under 12 hour buildings? You would waste your time because you wouldn't be collecting them. You'd be better served to upgrade the 12, 24, & 48's.

As others have said vault size can play a role. If you have a good iph the new limited buildings are the best.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona View Post
    Depends what "every few hours" means, and what other factors you might want to include, like ROI or time to save etc; but if it's just a simple 3 hour or less collection, then The Nuclear plants return the greatest income per hour at L10. Not what I would choose to be my primary $ maker though.
    My choice at L10 would be the Alexandria Villa and a $36,000,000 (unboosted) collection every 12 hours.
    That was the only LE building I didn't buy. I think that was a mistake.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ph4ntom Stranger View Post
    It's only on iOS. Khimsoo the forum member is the one who made it.

As for the money buildings, I don't go so much with the ROI, I understand its usefulness, but when you upgrade the buildings that will give the best payouts for your desired collecting habits. If you only log on a couple times a day what good would it do to upgrade under 12 hour buildings? You would waste your time because you wouldn't be collecting them. You'd be better served to upgrade the 12, 24, & 48's.

As others have said vault size can play a role. If you have a good iph the new limited buildings are the best.
    I found one that someone else did that was an excel spreadsheet. Not knowing what all is on the one on iOS, it may not be as comprehensive as the one I have just has money buildings (none of the limited editions though). I found another one that shows upgrade costs for buildings as well.