Once upon a time, in a game far, far away!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Once upon a time, in a game far, far away!

Banned
    Post Count

Thumbs up Once upon a time, in a game far, far away!

Old King Fuzio was bored one day, and he called for the royal game maker. He said, "Build me a game." The royal game makers thought and thought. They wanted to make King Funzio happy.

King Funzio was a brave warrior. His Majesty led the Funzites to win many battles. The royal game makers created a game called, "Ancient War." Old King Funzio was very happy and his Funzites were, too. They played "Ancient War" and all was good within the Land of Funzio.

Old King Funzio wanted to make the people really, really love him. So his best adviser, Jarhead the Magnificent said, "Sire, why dost thee not deploy the NO-NO?" Old King Funzio asked, "What is this NO-NO, Jarhead?"

Jarhead the Magnificent said, "Majesty, it will make the people very happy. The nobles will not like it so much, sire, but you're the King. Nobelesse Oblige, Sire."

And so it came to pass in the Land that was Funzio, the people played and many loved the NO-NO. But, as with all happiness, some grew disenchanted rapidly. Some felt cheated, and unrest began to brew.

Sir Gree grew unhappy. Sir Gree decided to overthrow Old King Funzio. And, he battled Old King Funzio, and his army won.

Sir Gree named himself Emperor Gree. He called the conquered people, Greelings. He changed "Ancient War", and called it "Modern War".

Things were great, as is the way with these things. Old King Funzio was but a memory, and Emperor Gree soon came to be beloved and revered. Emperor Gree was pleased.

Emperor Gree saw the people were becoming unhappy. They loved Emperor Gree and he knew it.

The no-no was deployed to enchant some people Old King Funzio was attempting to exhort to spend money from his nobles. Somehow, Emperor Gree thought giving near invincibility to many to thwart a few to be foolish, and financially unsound. The few just took it for a very long time.

Emperor Gree saw the stupidity of Old King Funzio's Folly, the no-no. Emperor Gree created and deployed the YES-YES. The many received what they had bought, NOTHING.

Count Crass was dispatched by Emperor Gree to calm and soothe the sheeple. Count Crass was very clever. He had a way with words. Count Crass could say things and the people believed him. Count Crass' oratory was supreme. The people were soothed.

The few, which by now had grown by many, were spending a pretty penny. The few, the nobles believed, were freeloading. Emperor Gree is very financially savvy. Emperor Gree believed in giving his subjects ONLY what they buy, sometimes.

Actually, that's very smart, but also kinda creepy. If you buy a pound of coffee, you don't expect two pounds. But, when you buy a pound of coffee sometimes, you just spend the money to buy the coffee, and never get the coffee. But, I digress.

If you want an indestructible army, buy one was Emperor Gree's message. But, Emperor Gree wanted the people to "pay to play". Otherwise, those other trinkets ain't nothing but popcorn waiting to run into someone's popper.

The Nobles no longer cared, but the rabble became displeased. The gnashing of teeth by the rabble has begun. That's why Old King Funzio deployed the no-no. Old King Funzio would sometimes listen, rarely cared, but hated noise.

Emperor Gree cares about one thing, profit in his mighty realm. As the coins fell on his counting room floor, the noise can't be heard, just the jingle of profit. The Nobles are smiling, the rabble are whining, and a silly game still gets played. Emperor Gree knows a many, many things.

The YES-YES is here to stay. But, if the no-no returns, it won't be by Emperor Gree's royal decree? Either way, I just don't care. You shouldn't either.

All hail Emperor Gree. Long live, Emperor Gree.

Count Crass, we love you, too. Please keep the subjects informed.

Your faithful and obedient servant, Sir Insane of Idiocy

Banned
    Post Count

Banned
    Post Count
    What makes no sense, to many, is the truth.

A lie is easier to believe.

To understand the truth requires thought and the ability to discern.

Post Count

The Emperors Clothes

Thanks PJ.

I enjoyed your story. Like life, it makes no sense. I feel sleepy and have trouble focusing on the truth.

Can you tell the story of the Emperor who lost his shirt?

Banned
    Post Count

what did I just read

Quote Originally Posted by PIRATE JUSTICE View Post
    Old King Fuzio was bored one day, and he called for the royal game maker. He said, "Build me a game." The royal game makers thought and thought. They wanted to make King Funzio happy.

King Funzio was a brave warrior. His Majesty led the Funzites to win many battles. The royal game makers created a game called, "Ancient War." Old King Funzio was very happy and his Funzites were, too. They played "Ancient War" and all was good within the Land of Funzio.

Old King Funzio wanted to make the people really, really love him. So his best adviser, Jarhead the Magnificent said, "Sire, why dost thee not deploy the NO-NO?" Old King Funzio asked, "What is this NO-NO, Jarhead?"

Jarhead the Magnificent said, "Majesty, it will make the people very happy. The nobles will not like it so much, sire, but you're the King. Nobelesse Oblige, Sire."

And so it came to pass in the Land that was Funzio, the people played and many loved the NO-NO. But, as with all happiness, some grew disenchanted rapidly. Some felt cheated, and unrest began to brew.

Sir Gree grew unhappy. Sir Gree decided to overthrow Old King Funzio. And, he battled Old King Funzio, and his army won.

Sir Gree named himself Emperor Gree. He called the conquered people, Greelings. He changed "Ancient War", and called it "Modern War".

Things were great, as is the way with these things. Old King Funzio was but a memory, and Emperor Gree soon came to be beloved and revered. Emperor Gree was pleased.

Emperor Gree saw the people were becoming unhappy. They loved Emperor Gree and he knew it.

The no-no was deployed to enchant some people Old King Funzio was attempting to exhort to spend money from his nobles. Somehow, Emperor Gree thought giving near invincibility to many to thwart a few to be foolish, and financially unsound. The few just took it for a very long time.

Emperor Gree saw the stupidity of Old King Funzio's Folly, the no-no. Emperor Gree created and deployed the YES-YES. The many received what they had bought, NOTHING.

Count Crass was dispatched by Emperor Gree to calm and soothe the sheeple. Count Crass was very clever. He had a way with words. Count Crass could say things and the people believed him. Count Crass' oratory was supreme. The people were soothed.

The few, which by now had grown by many, were spending a pretty penny. The few, the nobles believed, were freeloading. Emperor Gree is very financially savvy. Emperor Gree believed in giving his subjects ONLY what they buy, sometimes.

Actually, that's very smart, but also kinda creepy. If you buy a pound of coffee, you don't expect two pounds. But, when you buy a pound of coffee sometimes, you just spend the money to buy the coffee, and never get the coffee. But, I digress.

If you want an indestructible army, buy one was Emperor Gree's message. But, Emperor Gree wanted the people to "pay to play". Otherwise, those other trinkets ain't nothing but popcorn waiting to run into someone's popper.

The Nobles no longer cared, but the rabble became displeased. The gnashing of teeth by the rabble has begun. That's why Old King Funzio deployed the no-no. Old King Funzio would sometimes listen, rarely cared, but hated noise.

Emperor Gree cares about one thing, profit in his mighty realm. As the coins fell on his counting room floor, the noise can't be heard, just the jingle of profit. The Nobles are smiling, the rabble are whining, and a silly game still gets played. Emperor Gree knows a many, many things.

The YES-YES is here to stay. But, if the no-no returns, it won't be by Emperor Gree's royal decree? Either way, I just don't care. You shouldn't either.

All hail Emperor Gree. Long live, Emperor Gree.

Count Crass, we love you, too. Please keep the subjects informed.

LoL it sure was funny lmao

Post Count
    Brilliant!!! I really enjoyed the story. I was there when Ol King Funzio deployed the No-No. I was just a boy then.

You missed one part tho.The beheading of Count Carac de Montfort......
    A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
    Brilliant!!! I really enjoyed the story. I was there when Ol King Funzio deployed the No-No. I was just a boy then.

You missed one part tho.The beheading of Count Carac de Montfort......

Shhh, Emperor Gree has forbade us to speak of such things.

Your majesty, forgive him, he knowest not of your proclamation.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Idk I couldn't stop reading it so I guess it was good.

Post Count
    Never had the almighty no-no or the despicable yes-yes. Maybe mine is a so-so?

Consistent Contributor Drama Llama's Avatar
    Post Count
    Ok someone enlighten this poor peasant as to what the no-no and yes-yes are?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Drama Llama View Post
    Ok someone enlighten this poor peasant as to what the no-no and yes-yes are?
    The no-no meant that people only had to buy or loot something once and it was always there....just like Gold.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Q Raider View Post
    The no-no meant that people only had to buy or loot something once and it was always there....just like Gold.
    The NO-NO was a gift bestowed upon the lucky subjects of Old King Funzio.

That gift was deployed to about 70% of Old King Funzio's subjects.

Emperor Gree took the gift back by changing a 1 to a 0 in a line of code.

Yes, i have seen he code.

Yes, I know when the change was made.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Great thread. Would read again (sarcasm)

Lurker
    Post Count

Cool No-No-YeS-YeS

Quote Originally Posted by PIRATE JUSTICE View Post
    The NO-NO was a gift bestowed upon the lucky subjects of Old King Funzio.

That gift was deployed to about 70% of Old King Funzio's subjects.

Emperor Gree took the gift back by changing a 1 to a 0 in a line of code.

Yes, i have seen he code.

Yes, I know when the change was made.

No-No-YeS-YeS
    If you want to find out anything from the Pirates about the methods they use, I advise you to stick closely to one principle: don't listen to their words, fix your attention on their deeds.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    There is only one morale to this tale....

"The King is dead... Long live the King" and so it goes on.

The End. *Closes book*