Please let me know how many gold bars it is taking to complete the briefcase event?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please let me know how many gold bars it is taking to complete the briefcase event?

Banned
    Post Count

Lightbulb Please let me know how many gold bars it is taking to complete the briefcase event?

Please advise me how many gold bars it is taking to complete the briefcase event?

I am not having much success

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MrL View Post
    Please advise me how many gold bars it is taking to complete the briefcase event?

I am not having much success
    I think it depends on what level you are... Mine only took 585 in gold (level 78) some have taken 1600 gold...

Post Count
    1280 gold, between 35 to 40 cases opened, two stamina refills and a bit more than one hour to get it done with resets+gold opens. I'm level 202. This is my third "30% off on upgrades" and that will give me a whooping 65.7% discount
    Last edited by Allowishus79; 04-03-2013 at 05:20 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    I am level 68

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Almost 1800 for me.

Level 133

Post Count
    it's pure luck, previous time i got it for free, this time i spend 2 vaults to get it with time resets. it has happened to spend 5k gold and not get the prize

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I don't understand the whole timer reset strategy that people do. Why not just open them hourly (with gold if you so choose) and then with a few hours left just go crazy with all the timer resets? Even if you opened 8-10 a day, you'd save a ton of gold which could be used on crates or something else. Not a gold user so it really doesn't matter to me, just doesn't make sense.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakers View Post
    I don't understand the whole timer reset strategy that people do. Why not just open them hourly (with gold if you so choose) and then with a few hours left just go crazy with all the timer resets? Even if you opened 8-10 a day, you'd save a ton of gold which could be used on crates or something else. Not a gold user so it really doesn't matter to me, just doesn't make sense.
    There's a (false) superstition that you have better luck in the beginning.

There are times when you'll be luckier than other times, so I wouldn't recommend waiting until the last hour - but last few makes sense. You probably won't save "a ton", but maybe a couple hundred (which isn't significant to those that are going ape-ish to get the event over with).
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Jakers, the longer into the event it gets the less likely you are to get what you need...

Banned
    Post Count
    That's my plan! I have a timer on my phone to check every hour >_>;

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by AliKat View Post
    Jakers, the longer into the event it gets the less likely you are to get what you need...
    The minute someone does any respectable research on this I'd love to read it. There's not one shred of evidence that this is true, though. From everything I've seen, I actually think the evidence points to it being disproven.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Post Count
    u r absolutely right but...
    there are some theories that you get the prize easier in first hours of first day. (i am not fun of them)
    Another reason is that there are many players who are sitting in houndred thousands of gold so it makes no difference if they spend 1vault more or 1 vault less, they just want the prize ASAP

Banned
    Post Count
    2 vaults in first 2 hours should put that superstition to bed. Damn Gree.
    Last edited by honeybadger; 04-03-2013 at 07:16 AM.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by AliKat View Post
    This theory usually includes this too:

It has to do with the more crates/briefcases you have to open, the less chance you have of opening one. Gree wants you to spend gold to open all your crates/briefcases. So later in the event you have more cases... You should try to have only a few cases on hand when you open them....

I love all these random theories....
    // Lvl: 250 // 488 394 051 // Atk: 9,917k // Def: 9,602k // IpH: $24,290,680
    // Lvl: 147 // 365 655 496 // Atk: 6,954k // Def: 6,790k // IpH: $12,586,132
    // Lvl: 79 // 233 936 800 // Atk: 5,978k // Def: 5,901k // IPH: $1,572,478

As of 1-27-14

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    One theory I've heard that might hold some water is:

The odds of getting an item when you open a briefcase get worse the more items you have (i.e. getting the first item ~50%, getting the 10th item, ~2% after successful open). Now if you use the timer reset and don't exit the Event screen, the odds won't reset until you are attempt to get the 10th item. So, you maintain the ~50% chance of getting items 1 thru 9 instead of diminishing odds if you exit the event screen and allow your device to re-sync with Gree's server's.

Empirically, I have only tested this once. I accumulated about 30 crates before I began opening them. Then I opened them all never exiting the event screen using the timer reset and gold open option. It only took me 300 gold to get from 1 thru 9, and I spent the rest of a vault of gold without getting the 10th item.

So take this anyway you want.
    // Lvl: 250 // 488 394 051 // Atk: 9,917k // Def: 9,602k // IpH: $24,290,680
    // Lvl: 147 // 365 655 496 // Atk: 6,954k // Def: 6,790k // IpH: $12,586,132
    // Lvl: 79 // 233 936 800 // Atk: 5,978k // Def: 5,901k // IPH: $1,572,478

As of 1-27-14