50 Allies; What I'm I doing in the whale zone? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 50 Allies; What I'm I doing in the whale zone?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger4Life View Post
    You're the first person I've heard around your level that CAN see players up to level 250.
    Maybe I'm not understanding the official definition of "whale" then. No, I haven't seen anyone at 250. But the players on my list have a/d as high as 6-700k. So what is that? A great white? I dunno, the effect is the same. I'm not taking on anyone with stats 10 times mine, no matter what their level.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCloud View Post
    Maybe I'm not understanding the official definition of "whale" then. No, I haven't seen anyone at 250. But the players on my list have a/d as high as 6-700k. So what is that? A great white? I dunno, the effect is the same. I'm not taking on anyone with stats 10 times mine, no matter what their level.
    Ranger is referring to those players who are level 200+ (not Attack/Defense score). The rival list is currently bugged where level 130 players can only see 2-3 levels around themselves, while players above 200 can see down to level 130. This has nothing to do with attack strength or defense.
    Forum members are free to add: 575 415 644

PVP tourney 1: 13th
    PVP tourney 2: 10th
    Battle for Brazil: 18th
    PVP tourney 3: 8th
    Battle for Greenland: 6th

Articulate Author Meta Rage Trollbot's Avatar
    Post Count
    Aside from the wiley battle generator issue, I would say the largest problem you have is your stats. 20K doesn't cut it at level 50! Try camping for, I don't know, 6 - 8 months and buy wisely.

There are a few people with those monster stats at your level. Several people have decent cash and lots of smarts. Many of them camp except wars, so you will soon level up beyond them, then REALLY feel the pain.

Sound about right R4?
    Last edited by Meta Rage Trollbot; 04-02-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    I have gone GREE Free! Ready to be b@nned for life.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Meta Rage Trollbot View Post
    Aside from the wiley battle generator issue, I would say the largest problem you have is your stats. 20K doesn't cut it at level 50! Try camping for, I don't know, 6 - 8 months and buy wisely.

There are a few people with those monster stats at your level. Several people have decent cash and lots of smarts. Many of them camp except wars, so you will soon level up beyond them, then REALLY feel the pain.

Sound about right R4?

Well I would have agreed 100% a month or so ago but there is no "camping" any longer. Sure you can not level and stay below the whale zone but you are still going to be a target for stronger players.

I'm below the whale zone but I still constantly get hit by stronger players. Increasing attack and defense does nothing at this point except get you a rivals list with even stronger players that are not even visible to me. With the new structure, unless you are willing to constantly outspend your competition to be the strongest you are somewhat wasting your time. Buying gold units is pointless unless you plan to outspend 95% of of all potential rivals in the entire game.
    Last edited by BigD@wg; 04-02-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertex View Post
    Ranger is referring to those players who are level 200+ (not Attack/Defense score). The rival list is currently bugged where level 130 players can only see 2-3 levels around themselves, while players above 200 can see down to level 130. This has nothing to do with attack strength or defense.
    But isn't that the old algorithm, where players were matched by level and number of allies? CJ said the new algorithm matched on power. Power is attack strength and defense, no?

I know for a fact that there are plenty of players at and above my level who have 500+ allies and much lower stats than mine. I encountered lots of them during the China event. I'm assuming it's this new "power match" that's keeping those weaker players off my rivals list. But for some reason that same power match doesn't eliminate players with 10x my power.

Any way you look at it, it's bent.

Articulate Author Meta Rage Trollbot's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD@wg View Post
    Well I would have agreed 100% a month or so ago but there is no "camping" any longer. Sure you can not level and stay below the whale zone but you are still going to be a target for stronger players.
    Oh, I TOTALLY agree! But you and I have taken our time. We have a lad here who leveled up way too fast. At least I would say camp except during wars (which is what many in our range do anyway). Just adding allies for our friend will help somewhat, but slowing down is essential for him.
    I have gone GREE Free! Ready to be b@nned for life.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ProCision View Post
    Spot on, how the F are you level 130 with only 20k in stats. Find a different game, you clearly don't know how to play this one. Not saying what is happening to you is right, cause that is also wrong, but even if it was right you would be on here saying that people that are level 130 with the same allies are beating the snot out of you.
    I expected something better from someone who's a 'senior member' in the forum. If everyone had the same level of expertise in the game, i guess there wouldn't be a forum. If everyone had 100K stats at level 80, who's gonna beat who up?
    The point is not if my stats is 2k or 500k, the point is I am at only 50 ALLIES!! Why do I see rivals with 500 allies?

Post Count
    I'm at 199 allies, hunting people with double to single digit allies. I like it. Change nothing!
    Add me before I get banned again for harassing the mods.
    Modern War: Ginger Lvl 80 ID#: 128 150 570 & Lvl 194 ID#: 643 379 083

Post Count
    I agree with you sakki our rivals lists should consist of a similar ally count as our own because this allows us some form of control over the strength of our allies. I understand this was the way it used to be.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakki View Post
    I expected something better from someone who's a 'senior member' in the forum. If everyone had the same level of expertise in the game, i guess there wouldn't be a forum. If everyone had 100K stats at level 80, who's gonna beat who up?
    The point is not if my stats is 2k or 500k, the point is I am at only 50 ALLIES!! Why do I see rivals with 500 allies?
    The answer to your question:

If you are unaware of the change, Gree altered the algorithm which originally matched people within a specific allies range. They changed the algorithm to match rivals based on power. Therefore, you might as well add 450 allies to achieve max stats because everyone at 500 allies can now see you on the rivals list.

Banned
    Post Count
    You gotta be kidding me.......dude go find a tranny......

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD@wg View Post
    The answer to your question:

If you are unaware of the change, Gree altered the algorithm which originally matched people within a specific allies range. They changed the algorithm to match rivals based on power. Therefore, you might as well add 450 allies to achieve max stats because everyone at 500 allies can now see you on the rivals list.
    Thank you bigD@wg.

Consistent Contributor whiskeybravo's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger4Life View Post
    The issue that needs to be rectified ASAP is the fact that some people in the Whale Zone can see down to level 130 from 200+; however, NONE of the level 130 players can see anyone over their level.

PLEASE FIX YOUR BUGS!

This x 100.
    whiskeybravo - retired