A limit is needed on the number of times a member can declare war! - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A limit is needed on the number of times a member can declare war!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by chimera69 View Post
    A couple of thoughts...

1 - If Mr Rogue hits "declare war" before your crew's health is fully regenerated, then NO ONE fight at all for that entire battle. Let him hits folks all he wants on his lonesome while being totally ignored by the group. It doesn't matter what points the other guild gets or that you lose that battle. The only thing that matters is how many points your guild makes. So fight when your at full strength & don't participate when you're not

2 - if rogue's stats are only average, tell him that you'll make him guild guardian if he keeps his obnoxious ways up. Then he always gets hit more than most (if not all) the other guild members. And, the rival guild will stay on him throughout the battle due to his low stats - why waste potential losses searching other players if you've already found a weak link, right. The result is that he'll lose much more units than everyone else, & he'll have to spend an enormous amount of time & resources to buy new units.
    Make sense to me I like that idea very much.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGuru View Post
    I don't think it's that big of a deal, you should want a war to be going on constantly to accumulate as many points as possible. Unless for some reason your guild benefits from not being in war which I doubt. Your strategy comes from, when the war you are fighting in, being organized to know who to hit to obtain the most points from that battle. Other things as well but I don't feel like elaborating right now.
    To effectively gain points, you need to have two players at full health to take down the Guardian at the beginning of the war. For non-gold players, it takes over an hour to gain full health. For a casual guild that is just trying to stay in the top 750, declaring every hour creates problems.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by #1GREEFAN View Post
    To effectively gain points, you need to have two players at full health to take down the Guardian at the beginning of the war. For non-gem players, it takes over an hour to gain full health. For a casual guild that is just trying to stay in the top 750, declaring every hour creates problems.
    Edited.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    GREE makes it possible to delcare war. It's not GREE's responsibility to tell you how to run your guild.That is up to the leader and officers. If you can't control one person(s) of your own guild then it's not GREE's fault.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sludgeboy View Post
    GREE makes it possible to delcare war. It's not GREE's responsibility to tell you how to run your guild.That is up to the leader and officers. If you can't control one person(s) of your own guild then it's not GREE's fault.
    Agreed, apart from one instance where someone accidentally declared war on the first day, I can't say that we've had a single instance of war being declared without the express consent of "the guild", or without there being cleaar motive by the group to go into battle.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sludgeboy View Post
    Invite me to your guild and try to "control" me once war has started. You can't and that is Gree's fault...poor design. I didn't start this thread to discuss battle strategy, or to compare how great one guild is run as to how poorly another is. I see a potential problem that can occur in any guild with no solution at this point and wanted to make it known so other guilds can be aware of it and possibly have some sort of contingency plan in place if it does occur...because this person will be looking for another guild tomorrow and it might be yours he gets into and if next war he becomes disgruntled and if nothing has changed you won't control him anymore than you control me.

Post Count
    If they added a toggle for the founder to turn off the ability for others to declare, it would solve the problem for guilds with idiots in them, but not punish well organized guilds whose leaders still want sleep.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Me&You View Post
    If they added a toggle for the founder to turn off the ability for others to declare, it would solve the problem for guilds with idiots in them, but not punish well organized guilds whose leaders still want sleep.
    it'd have to be more than that... what happens when the Founder goes to sleep? he's gotta leave it on? if they make it where officers have the ability to toggle it, what happens if officers aren't online? It's a problem that all are susceptible to, therefore it's not unfair. There's no simple solution. Just kick the guy. Establish code of conduct and if they're honorable members, they'll stick to it. we all have to deal with it. you just got stuck with "That Guy".

[FK] Robb Stark

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Or you could just do what the above poster said, anyone who declares war on a non scheduled time gets to be GG til the end of the event. With the unit losses involved, they'll learn. If the don't care, you're just SOL and you'll need to screen your applicants better, which is what you should have done to begin with.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGuru View Post
    Two equal guilds, 1 in constant warfare, the other waiting an hour to regenerate each time. Averaging 100k CP's per participated battle, and 5-10k for each battle they were in but didn't participate in. Let's say over 5 days that's 60 participated battles and for the constant warfare guild an additional 60 non-participated battles. 6,000,000 CP for the guild with half the battles and 6,300,000-6,600,000 CP for the guild in constant warfare. I'll just let this one marinate
    Yes, this strategy will work, but it is not constant warfare per say, in the manner described at the beginning of the thread, rather this is a coordinated strategy in which people are actively not fighting.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zesder View Post
    I'm sure the problem is that he has organized a time when everyone is at full health and when they get there the battle is already on.
    Some join in thinking they are late then realize too late that there isn't much time and they have wasted their hits.
    The others get frustrated because they have to wait longer, some leaving because of RL issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Maj View Post
    Yes, this strategy will work, but it is not constant warfare per say, in the manner described at the beginning of the thread, rather this is a coordinated strategy in which people are actively not fighting.
    Then that is not GREE's fault and therefor there shouldn't be any complaints, that is the Guild's leaders fault. They should be able to figure out that if war is constantly being declared, then you tell your guild that his hour is the one we will participate in and the next our is the one we won't participate in. If you have enough common sense to figure that out then you won't be losing any points at all and instead have even more points by the end of the event.

It is considered constant warfare though since your guild is, by definition in the game, at war and never out of it. I made it quite clear that you shouldn't just try to participate in them all just because they are going, that's like driving in a NASCAR race without taking any pit stops.