A limit is needed on the number of times a member can declare war!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A limit is needed on the number of times a member can declare war!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

A limit is needed on the number of times a member can declare war!

I understand the need for all members of a guild to have the option to declare war, but can we at least limit the number of times any one particular player with "member" status can declare in a 24hr period to once or twice? We've had a problem with a rogue member declaring war after being warned many, many times not to, and there is absolutely nothing that can be done till after the war ends...this is absurd! Every other member has suffered because of one player and Gree has nothing in game to combat this problem that I'm aware of and there should be. Anything that can be implemented would be an improvement over what is in place now, so if anyone else has had this problem please let it be known so they can see it is not just an isolated problem.

Post Count
    Boot the player? lol

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Founder says you can't till after the war ends, trust me, he's gone the second it winds down!

The way it is now we have to tolerate uncoordinated battle for 3 days with nothing that can be done but ride it out. Nobody can leave a guild or be booted from what I've heard once war had started.
    Last edited by Deebo; 04-01-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I can see not adding players during a war, but not booting either? We had this issue early too, but fortunately got it sorted out.

Post Count
    Yes, we have had this issue as well, there's just not anything you can do until the war is over though. Frustrating.

Banned
    Post Count
    I don't think it's that big of a deal, you should want a war to be going on constantly to accumulate as many points as possible. Unless for some reason your guild benefits from not being in war which I doubt. Your strategy comes from, when the war you are fighting in, being organized to know who to hit to obtain the most points from that battle. Other things as well but I don't feel like elaborating right now.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGuru View Post
    I don't think it's that big of a deal, you should want a war to be going on constantly to accumulate as many points as possible. Unless for some reason your guild benefits from not being in war which I doubt. Your strategy comes from, when the war you are fighting in, being organized to know who to hit to obtain the most points from that battle. Other things as well but I don't feel like elaborating right now.
    Some guilds aren't made of walls

Banned
    Post Count
    You're concern shouldn't be too much about walls. Whether you win the war or not doesn't matter, your overall points in the end is what matters and you get less by opting out of wars.

(This may sound strange from a certain perspective)

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    For those of us not in the top tier of the event, there is a serious question about whether the additional <5k points from a war in which maybe 3 people are online for is worth the average unit losses, I swear they messed with the casualty rates for this event. Our punching bag is currently a million gold down from unit loss, and that's not easily recovered for some players. While I realize it's the cost of war, there's a huge difference between the amount of points we can score when we have 6+ people on vs when we can't even take their wall down, or barely get it down. We had one late night war on the first day where we didn't get the wall or the GG down, and scored less than 1k points. Basically, if you don't have people from all around the world, or who are willing to forego sleep for five days, it's not really necessary for us to declare war 24 hours continuously, and we can suffer less unit losses for virtually the same reward. Not to mention if you aren't a top 75 guild to begin with the unit rewards are equivalent to like two LTQ quest units, so it's not even worth it to begin with.

That's how we ended up with only five wars a day, and we are still bouncing around top 200. Good enough for me, free units are free.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I am not going to give away strategy here, but my guild would definitely have a lower points value if this was going on. Constant warfare is not the way to do well and increase the points total. Boot him when you are done with a warning to others!

Banned
    Post Count
    Two equal guilds, 1 in constant warfare, the other waiting an hour to regenerate each time. Averaging 100k CP's per participated battle, and 5-10k for each battle they were in but didn't participate in. Let's say over 5 days that's 60 participated battles and for the constant warfare guild an additional 60 non-participated battles. 6,000,000 CP for the guild with half the battles and 6,300,000-6,600,000 CP for the guild in constant warfare. I'll just let this one marinate

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    So what you're saying is what I just said? Vastly diminished returns on every other battle, to the point where it's not worth it? Mk.

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Banned
    Post Count
    I've barely lost any units to this war and the prizes obtained from ensuring you have more points, priceless compared to a few units you can buy back by the end of the week

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Meh they're like 1-2k more stats for us, not worth the effort unless you are already spending. Just IMO.

Banned
    Post Count
    That 600k you specified GreenGuru is the difference between 8th and 12th ranking right now, and makes all the difference in the KA-world as far as rewards are concerned to those getting top 10 and those getting top 25.