Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

New Chance Chest

As of the update there has been a new chance chest added to the already existing two, as well as an update to all three of the chest's mechanics.

The Chest addition is the Dark Prince's Chest, which is guaranteed to yield an armors set that is a Rare tier (two gold stars) or above on the newly implemented rarity scale. Interestingly enough, the Dark Prince's Chance Chest apparently now has a chance to drop a set of the current Boss set, as well as the respective Nemesis set. The "old", normal Enchanted Chest will still give high-level materials, potions, fusion stones, gems, and Uncommon and Rare armor sets based upon the new armor rarity scale.

The basic silver chance chest still costs 5 gems to open (or with a key). The Enchanted Chance Chests costs 10 gems to open (or with an Enchanted Key). The Dark Prince's Chance Chest costs 20 gems to open.

What remains unknown is if the Dark Prince's Chance Chest can be opened with the Enchanted keys that previously opened the Enchanted Chance Chest. I presume not, but could someone confirm this?

The new mechanic implemented is that if one spends enough gems to open 10 chests one-by-one (50 gems, 100 gems, and 200 gems respectively), then they will get an 11th chest opening for free (50 gems, 100 gems, or 200 gems for 11 openings respectively).

I think we all now see why the Boss rewards were changed during this boss. Enchanted Chance Chest keys aren't as useful as they used to be. This is probably quite a bummer to those people who were hoarding Enchanted keys pre-update.

What do you think?
    Last edited by BilboSwaggins; 03-29-2013 at 01:56 PM.
    Knights & Dragons Friend Code:
    XBB - GWV - ZNC

Where did this get confirmed?

New Update

Its in the new update that was released on 29th March.

Just asking, are there any other ways to open the Dark Prince's chests besides spending 20 gems?

Update isn't available for me yet in the appstore

Nevermind lol <3

Honestly, I think this update is garbage. I twice tried it out the buy 10 get 1 free and the results that you get from the Dark Prince's enchanted chest are laughable. I got the nemisis armors and everything else was Super Rare (fancy word for terrible armor) and below. No level 70 armors, a ton of snakeskins.... Not crying over spoiled milk, but the thing that upsets me is that there no longer an option to "retry" for a discount. Not a big fan.

Anyone tried them new chests yet? *crosses fingers* Hope they do give materials too..
    nvm, they don't xD

AND BAH hate them for taking out the discount retry option!
    Last edited by Catastr0phy; 03-29-2013 at 02:26 PM.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...xSko4VlE#gid=0
    (credits to the persons who made this)

The new chests looks like gree is just getting money hungry now. But I bought 2 and got chimera and wave charmer mantle + since you can get the+ versions it maybe worth it
    Last edited by Newbish; 03-29-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Newbish
    lvl 117
    XBB-NGR-GFD

Atleast the silver key dropped by bosses, doesnt open it

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...xSko4VlE#gid=0
    (credits to the persons who made this)

I hate it too.. But didn't they already take away the chance retry? I thought it was a previous update.
    Dragon Realms: 341-179-697 (plz add me as referrer!)

Monster Quest: 266-014-205
    Monster Cache: Useful information for all

Knights & Dragons: (Retired)
    Knights & Dragons Datasheet

wait...so no more nemesis from gold chest?
    Knights & Dragons referral code pm me, i can see only 50 pending requests starting from the oldest ones, but i have much more, n if u already sent urs even if i send u mine u wont be able to accept while ur request is also pending, so just pm me ur code, i have already more than 10 lv100 allies with nemesis, but dont mind to have more just in case...will send u requests if u are 90+ with nemesis

Quote Originally Posted by zhy View Post
    wait...so no more nemesis from gold chest?
    Nope looks like there only from the 20 gem chest now

Newbish
    lvl 117
    XBB-NGR-GFD

Nope it doesnt says so, there now are pictures of the armor which u can get and nemesis and more 4gold star armor sets are only obtainable by Dark Prince's chest

It's cool that they added a new chest and have been updating the game recently, but really? Add another chest, make it cost more, move the items that were previously available in the Enchanted Chance chests and make them only in the Dark Prince chests?
    I thought 10 gems was enough. Gah, another game gone Money hungry. Thought this game woulda been different.

-.- i better had used the gold keys i earned in this boss event b4 update...well gree, u could at least give us 1 or 2 black keys at earlier stages than 60...

edit : btw i wonder if there are +version "super rare" armors that are better than the current ones in their respective dualelements?
    Last edited by zhy; 03-29-2013 at 04:15 PM.
    Knights & Dragons referral code pm me, i can see only 50 pending requests starting from the oldest ones, but i have much more, n if u already sent urs even if i send u mine u wont be able to accept while ur request is also pending, so just pm me ur code, i have already more than 10 lv100 allies with nemesis, but dont mind to have more just in case...will send u requests if u are 90+ with nemesis