DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many people use the forum?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    i use the forum!

Lurker
    Post Count
    Me ^_^ I just started though, probably shouldn't since it seems a lot of people are on it constantly. I don't want to be sucked in!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweeky Munchkin View Post
    Me ^_^ I just started though, probably shouldn't since it seems a lot of people are on it constantly. I don't want to be sucked in!
    you use it!!

Banned
    Post Count
    Too many

Banned
    Post Count
    Including me

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudie View Post
    2 peoples?
    seriously?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The answer is not many. Considering how many players actually play Crime City it is quite remarkable how few people post here. I've played on game worlds with a fraction of the players this game has, some of which are literally based on dieing or dead games, but with forums that were much more active than this. I puzzled at this at first but I've been reading the forums long enough to see a pattern. This forum is populated mainly by a few long time players many of which are mean spirited curmudgeons who only care about "end game" content. The forum is generally a hostile environment for new people though there are a few players that are helpful and write useful posts for players new and experienced. I believe there are many who come here to read the content of the stickied threads, but there are very few that actually participate with suggestions, discussion, and contribute new threads. If you removed the reports of malfunctioning game features there is hardly any posting happening at all.

Banned
    Post Count
    I would say more people would use the forum if it was easier to find. Why they don't have some sort of in-game link or a forum built into the game seems strange to me.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Confederate Rebels View Post
    I would say more people would use the forum if it was easier to find. Why they don't have some sort of in-game link or a forum built into the game seems strange to me.
    I would agree with the in game forum link too. Be nice

Banned
    Post Count
    At least 24......

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Not much compared to how many people play the game.

Consistent Contributor hawkeye_9's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalg-the-Good View Post
    The answer is not many. Considering how many players actually play Crime City it is quite remarkable how few people post here. I've played on game worlds with a fraction of the players this game has, some of which are literally based on dieing or dead games, but with forums that were much more active than this. I puzzled at this at first but I've been reading the forums long enough to see a pattern. This forum is populated mainly by a few long time players many of which are mean spirited curmudgeons who only care about "end game" content. The forum is generally a hostile environment for new people though there are a few players that are helpful and write useful posts for players new and experienced. I believe there are many who come here to read the content of the stickied threads, but there are very few that actually participate with suggestions, discussion, and contribute new threads. If you removed the reports of malfunctioning game features there is hardly any posting happening at all.
    You make some interesting points there...but hit the nail on the head with the part above in bold.

Hawkeye
    904 687 923

Proud Member of GR2 - emerging syndicate!

Syndicate Leader of Hamburg Ahoi! - 375 418 821 A free-players' syndicate

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by 4th Reich View Post
    I would agree with the in game forum link too. Be nice
    They do have a in-game forum link, go check in the FAQ.

Forcing people to spam in order to combat spam is just a stroke of genius....

How many do I need to do in order to create a thread....

Post Count
    I am just starting to use it but it is slightly boring because there are not many people on here.