Brief Guide/Outline to Limited Time Quests

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brief Guide/Outline to Limited Time Quests

Brief Guide/Outline to Limited Time Quests

Hello all, just thought that I would toss some info out about Limited Time Quests (the current event, Superiority, is one of this type). People who play KA or MQ will recognize these from those games.

During a Limited Time Quest Event, you have several days (the time will be listed in the game) to complete a visible quest chain. These quests are similar to other quests that already exist in the game. Each quest will give a reward of some kind upon completion. At the end of the chain, you will receive a larger reward.

After that, you will have the option to do the quest chain again in Heroic Mode. Heroic Mode has the same chain of quests, but requires slightly more of each requirement to pass the quests. The grand prize for the event is awarded to everyone who completes Heroic Mode.

We've been trying out some cool things over in the other games with these, and we are glad to bring them to Modern War. Since this is a new feature here, this first iteration is relatively straightforward compared to some of the ones we have had recently in the other games, but we look forward to building this new event type out in the future.

Have fun and good luck, everyone.

Post Count
    Will we get the extra day we missed due to late implementing?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Hello all, just thought that I would toss some info out about Limited Time Quests (the current event, Superiority, is one of this type). People who play KA or MQ will recognize these from those games.

During a Limited Time Quest Event, you have several days (the time will be listed in the game) to complete a visible quest chain. These quests are similar to other quests that already exist in the game. Each quest will give a reward of some kind upon completion. At the end of the chain, you will receive a larger reward.

After that, you will have the option to do the quest chain again in Heroic Mode. Heroic Mode has the same chain of quests, but requires slightly more of each requirement to pass the quests. The grand prize for the event is awarded to everyone who completes Heroic Mode.

We've been trying out some cool things over in the other games with these, and we are glad to bring them to Modern War. Since this is a new feature here, this first iteration is relatively straightforward compared to some of the ones we have had recently in the other games, but we look forward to building this new event type out in the future.

Have fun and good luck, everyone.
    Before you leave, is there heroic quest line on this event as well?

Banned
    Post Count
    So does this first one have heroic mode? Wasn't specified on the splash screen but that was the same in MQ with the first heroic one

Post Count
    Less than 3 Days is exteremely short time window for this type of Event CJ. As SillyBeans has mentioned i would hope we would recieve an additional 25 hours to complete.

Also what happens if we beat the Event in Normal Mode? Is there a prize that isn't "Grand"
    VFF Legends

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    Less than 3 Days is exteremely short time window for this type of Event CJ. As SillyBeans has mentioned i would hope we would recieve an additional 25 hours to complete.

Also what happens if we beat the Event in Normal Mode? Is there a prize that isn't "Grand"
    In other games yes. Heroic mode will often be for example 4000a:3000d then normal would be 3000a :2200d.

Also there are usally nice prizes along the way so even if you can't get the top prize it pays to go as far as possible

Consistent Contributor Ghost Recon's Avatar
    Post Count
    Thanks for the guide, CJ. Will the event be extended?
    Add Me
    Modern War: 184-453-105
    Crime City: 498-695-076

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post

he 2.8k unit is awsome but we are getting units.. my 1year vet was my worst unit and its disappeared now not sure what it was but its over 120atk

Yes to the heroic mode on this one, probably no to the event being extended due to nudging up against the other event this weekend. But I'll inquire.

Consistent Contributor Ghost Recon's Avatar
    Post Count
    Is the prize advertised in the splash screen the prize for completling heroic or is it for completing normal?
    Add Me
    Modern War: 184-453-105
    Crime City: 498-695-076

Post Count
    I'm noticing that some reward units are indestructible and some have casualty rates, is this expected?

Banned
    Post Count
    Im on Android and its still not coming up for me, keeps saying updating.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Recon View Post
    Is the prize advertised in the splash screen the prize for completling heroic or is it for completing normal?
    That's for finishing everything, which includes Heroic.

Post Count
    Are you serious? We are screwed on the time as it is....And now the prize!!!
    MW ID: Ryans67
    617-935-486

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    CJ at least reduced the raids on those buildings that producing a lot of casualty units...