If you saw an unattended level 10 manor, would you hit it? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you saw an unattended level 10 manor, would you hit it?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastlin View Post
    I don't understand the question..... I have one for you though: If you you were thirsty walking into a room looking for water and found a water fountain, would you take a drink?
    I dunno about that correlation, water fountains are offered freely by those who are paying for the water to any passerby. This question is more of a moralistic question in "how would you feel about yourself afterwards."

A better response question similar yours would be like "If a house you visited had a bottle of 1991 red wine (whatever brand), would you drink 2/3rd's of it and leave the rest for them?"

I don't know too much about wine so just bare with me and assume it's an expensive wine.

Also don't assume I feel that you should feel bad about raiding a level 10 manor. I just wanted to offer up a better response question to represent this question. Technically you are stealing something expensive (a lvl 10 manor collection) from someone. Do I think you should feel bad about that? No because that's what this game is, a competitive PvP game with quests involved
    Last edited by GreenGuru; 03-24-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I raided it, can't leave money on the ground. I've just read so many posts on players wall giving evcuses about why they raided, I just wanted to know if I was playing outside of accepted play style. I've always thought give not quarter and expect none, and treat all others equally.

Jonny0284, nice tag line.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    No you're fine. They're idiots or lazy for leaving their buildings uncollected. Punish the stupid and lazy.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny0284 View Post
    I hit a pair of level 10 Manors 3 collections in a row.

All because he was in my newsfeed for 536 gold.

Summary of the story: I lost 536 gold, he lost nearly 1.6 Million. Best week ever.
    Johnny, who on earth would be stupid enough to attack you? Yet strong enough to win!? Doesn't compute.

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinazueli View Post
    Johnny, who on earth would be stupid enough to attack you? Yet strong enough to win!? Doesn't compute.
    Not even sure, why someone who has a waaaaay more invested Kingdom (high level Manors, Playhouses & Lenders) would choose to attack someone when the dilemma is:

My attack > His defense , his attack > my defense. He has more to lose?
    Knights & Dragons
    My Code: XBB - HBY - YPD
    Level 101

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny0284 View Post
    Not even sure, why someone who has a waaaaay more invested Kingdom (high level Manors, Playhouses & Lenders) would choose to attack someone when the dilemma is:

My attack > His defense , his attack > my defense. He has more to lose?
    Sounds very dumb to me. Oh well, mysterious world.

Post Count
    I would raid his cottages!
    So you found the God, huh? That's awesome.

Post Count

Thumbs up

I will raze any building that gives me at least 5k total. Obviously, a lvl10 manor more than meets that criteria. I have actually hit the jackpot - 2 lvl10 manors, once. The player had retaliated after I hit something of his much less worthwhile (2 lvl10 shipyards I think it was) and so he was on my feed to check up on those manors I had been drooling over. Didn't take me long. Unfortunately, I've had a ton of people try, and the vast majority fail, to attack me since then and now he is not on my wall anymore.

My philosophy is this: if you cannot find the time to collect from your buildings, I will gladly collect for you. You obviously don't care for that gold as much as I do or you'd collect on time. :P

All your manor are belong to us.

Banned
    Post Count
    personally, i write everyone down with something worth raiding other than lvl 1 manors, and if people have lvl 5+ manors and i happen to have spare time i check in every 15-20 minutes to see if they are ready to collect. If so, i raid and write down the time. Then 2 days later i try again on or near that period of time. Doesnt always work, but it helps a lot.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Free Ronin View Post
    If you saw an unattended level 10 manor, woud you hit it?
    I'd hit that.
    Let us prey.
    [MoC]Tarsus

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Lvl 10 manors?
    surrounded by lvl10 corruptiontowers/cannontowers and with a rival with same or higher stats than mine?.. sure, curiosity is pretty darn hard to ignore

I would atleast attack once just to check..

Post Count
    I never ever had the luck to find a lvl 10 manor, maybe my stats are yet too low for those guys. But I would sure give it a try
    ID 941 689 850

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Btw.. lvl 10 manors stand alone at 300 def and overshadowing defensebuildings add defense to it.. but is your rivals defense also added to this, or is the rival defense only added to when you raid/attack the player?

Consistent Contributor Klassenr@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarsus View Post
    I'd hit that.
    ... Like it owed me money!

KA - Pauxly & Gimin

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Free Ronin View Post
    Just wondering if there are any standard conventions people raid by?
    Before I raid someone, I ask myself a question: Am I stronger than they are?

If the answer is yes, than I raid them. If the answer is no, then I don't.

Sometimes I will raid a person even if there is no money to be had just so I can collect wins towards the Tournament Round quests.
    "I make no apologies for the way I play the game.
    It's not my fault if you are weaker than I.
    It's yours. Don't whine about it. Fix it."